Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Deadliest Protagonists

• Ultra SevenUltra Seven393,020
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 05:31Permalink
    This list is kinda just face value. You'd have to hold a random lottery to pick five, let alone rank them quantifiable. Not worth debating.

Don't get me wrong; nice list -- I enjoy this weekly feature. Just don't understand why comments say it's wrong when there is no right. Opinion-based, yo.
  • HolyWarr27HolyWarr27542,058
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 07:36Permalink
    Issac Clarke - Dead Space (any thug can use a gun, it takes skill to use a power tool to save the world)
    Chuck Greene - Dead rising 2 (tamed a Tiger and killed 50k+ zombies and psychopaths)
    Player - Saints Row (OG for life, President, quirky and lethal)
    Grimlock - Transformers FOC (deadly robot who turns into a fire breathing dinosaur! who can stop that?)
    Max Payne - Max Payne (Has a long history of killing bad guys, unlike those military trained guys on Call of Duty or other shooters, this cop has less training but is still able to match or even out kill his military counterparts.)

Would also like to mention
    Lilith - Borderlands
    Dragonborn - Skyrim
    Lightning - Final Fantasy 13
    Rico Rodriguez - Just Cause
    Artyom - Metro
  • The MascalThe Mascal1,442,386
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 07:52Permalink
    MAH BOI 420 said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    James Bond.

#JustSayin.
    You are the epitome of cancer.
    laugh
    Beer.
  • Posted on 16 December 13 at 09:23Permalink
    Raiden - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Able to slice to anything at will. Pretty 'hand'y
  • Posted on 16 December 13 at 14:27, Edited on 16 December 13 at 14:28 by MosesChristusPermalink
    DyingAtheist said:
    HolyMoses81 said:
    No Ryu Hayabusa???? Another Top5FAIL!
    Something isn't a "FAIL" just because it disagrees with your own, very personal opinion, you know.
    All the posts about "no such and such" must realise that if all your ideas were included the list would be substantially bigger than 5 people.
    Oh, really? Is that so??
    Thank you so much for clearing that one up for me!
    I'd never have known if a random TA-thread-moral-sheriff wouldn't have explained that to me!
    //Sarcasm off
    If you wanna state your opinion (against somebody else's opinion), make sure it's your own one first and not just one that thousands of others have copied and pasted a million times before!

Seriously, who disagrees with Ryu deserving a spot in this list shall climb the stairs in chapter 10 in NGII and then disagree again!
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • elKazaamelKazaam115,907
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 14:35Permalink
    Hatred Prophet said:
    Ezio Auditore is one of my favorite video game characters.
    same.
  • EX slay3rEX slay3r238,472
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 14:40Permalink
    Mater Chief could easily slay everyone of these at once.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • SwornknightSwornknight152,503
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 15:24Permalink
    Miffed Mercer or Heller from the Prototype-games weren't even nominated.

Still, surprised no one mentioned Dynasty Warriors. I mean, don't they average 1k kills per skirmish or something, solo?
  • Blue265Blue265318,270 318,270 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 15:39, Edited on 16 December 13 at 15:40 by Blue265Permalink
    No master chief?! or Batman!
  • Posted on 16 December 13 at 15:39Permalink
    EX slay3r said:
    Mater Chief could easily slay everyone of these at once.
    Not only that but you have entire species that refer to him as the 'Demon'.
    This space for rent.
  • liiamiliiami289,964
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 15:45Permalink
    Considering the prevalence of murder in video games as a whole, there are far too many to pick just five. Every protagonist that kills something in his or own right is 'deadly', whether some are more deadly than others, well that is down to the opinion and skill of the player.

Besides, we already decided on TA's deadliest protagonist last year: TrueAchievements Battle Royale Winner
  • Chris1984ukChris1984uk935,067
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 15:49Permalink
    liiami said:
    Considering the prevalence of murder in video games as a whole, there are far too many to pick just five. Every protagonist that kills something in his or own right is 'deadly', whether some are more deadly than others, well that is down to the opinion and skill of the player.

Besides, we already decided on TA's deadliest protagonist last year: TrueAchievements Battle Royale Winner
    Battle Royale?

More like popularity contest.. hur hur
  • Posted on 16 December 13 at 16:13Permalink
    D0CT0R WH0VIAN said:
    I gotta say, this list leaves a lot to be desired.
    Agreed.
    BY FYRE BE PURGED
  • Doctor PlowDoctor Plow483,350
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 17:16Permalink
    My first thought was Alex Mercer from prototype
    This is my signature
  • DNC ProtomanDNC Protoman326,370
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 18:05Permalink
    Don't see why everyone is saying Master Chief would kill this entire list. Dante or Bayonetta would effortlessly destroy him.
  • DimitRiDelDimitRiDel154,589
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 18:28Permalink
    Where are the honorably mentions? Where?

I think in this category should have been at least another five, most of them are already mentioned in previous posts/
    There is only one RETURN ok? And it aint of the king it's of the JEDI
  • ID357ID357405,492
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 18:40Permalink
    I hate these lists. They are always based off of what's most popular. None of these asshats would stand a chance against Kaim Argonar! The man is an immortal who decimates entire armies, by himself!
  • SanadaSanada661,962
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 18:40Permalink
    These things are for laughs, right? I'm not sure why people are taking them so seriously. There's no logic behind it and there's certainly no factual claims. You had to realize that after a few things...

1.) They put some generic Hitman above a Demon with supernatural abilities. Dante puts down creatures that would mop the floor with Agent 47's entrails.

2.) Ryu Hayabusa isn't even on the list. How do you not think of that guy when coming up with a "Most Deadly" list unless it's popularity driven?

3.) Adam Jensen also isn't on the list. This guy can sneak up and mess people up just like Ezio and Agent 47 only he's got some cybernetic enhancements as well just in case stealth isn't an option. Personally I think he'd out kill the both of 'em, but there's no way to prove that.

4.) Another genetic freak would be Mercer as mentioned above or even the protagonist from the second game. At the start of Protoype two you see that you can't just run up and stab them or shoot them in the face and think you've won. Not to mention they can clear crowds in an instant.

5.) This comment is more for the lulz but NEEDS MOAR LU BU. Loljk they only K.O people in dynasty warriors. cry

Something like this can't be argued, however there are red flags that make me think all things weren't considered with this top five. No matter what you put, the masses were bound to argue for their favorites regardless.

For everybody saying James Bond, facepalm . I'm a fan of the games but you can't be serious...
  • DNC ProtomanDNC Protoman326,370
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 20:39Permalink
    ID357 said:
    I hate these lists. They are always based off of what's most popular. None of these asshats would stand a chance against Kaim Argonar! The man is an immortal who decimates entire armies, by himself!
    That is entirely false. There are several scenes in Lost Odyssey where Kaim surrenders to small groups of soldiers.

Kaim would stand no chance whatsoever against Dante or Bayonetta, 47 could simply shoot him and the dismember him before he revived.

Kaim MAY have a chance against Enzio only.
  • SzilardUKSzilardUK248,007
    Posted on 16 December 13 at 21:11Permalink
    Chuck Norris

No, seriously. Where the fuck is Max Payne??
    And the final score is: Playstation 0 - Xbox 0
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.