Game Info Submission Archive: Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360) Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Magic: The Gathering - DotP 2015 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360)

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 20 July 14 at 11:20, Edited on 12 November 14 at 04:03 by Mike Marcelais
Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Magic: The Gathering - DotP 2015:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Epsilon Theta for Magic: The Gathering - DotP 2015

Epsilon Theta said:There are a few flagging issues to be considered which I haven't included above.

For all achievements that require a specific task to be completed, cards need to be unlocked (or the right choice of deck be made at the start). Cards are unlocked by winning duels. I don't see this get an extra flag as that is just how the game works.
Information Posted on 25 July 14 at 05:17
Sashamorning has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Sashamorning for Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Sashamorning said:MP requires the tutorial and the first questline before allowing online play. Hidden?

A lot of the card-based cheeves require either choosing the correct deck at the beginng, or getting the cards through packs. Since it can be either depending on the card, I marked Shop. Would Branch be better?
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 25 July 14 at 06:31
Ah silly me I forgot the Versus flags.

I do not think Shop is warranted. While you might spend real money to get cards early, you unlock them as rewards for winning duels. I can understand the argument for branch but I personally oppose the use of the branch flag if microtransactions are the second option. It just seems wrong! cry

Also, tutorial also blocks campaign play as far as I could tell. It isn't really hidden as it is "up in your face" the moment you want to play. It would just be as mandatory as the first mission in some games.
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 14 October 14 at 03:27
No idea why nobody responded to this post before, but applied the flags.

As ET says, shop doesn't apply as we never consider options that involve spending real money and when they cards unlock during the game as rewards, they aren't guaranteed purchases.

HR doesn't apply when you are blocked by the tutorial as those game modes unlock naturally during normal play.

Thanks.
- Mike
Information Posted on 08 November 14 at 15:06
Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Garruk's Revenge in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Epsilon Theta for Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 09 November 14 at 18:23
I'll revise the list to be more accurate. My apologies for the premature submission!
Information Posted on 09 November 14 at 18:24
Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Garruk's Revenge in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Epsilon Theta for Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers
Mike Marcelais
Posted on 12 November 14 at 04:02, Edited on 12 November 14 at 04:04 by Mike Marcelais
Thanks for the submission. I assume you meant to put "Versus+" instead of "Co-op+" on "Fly My Pretties". Other than that, your flags have been applied.
- Mike
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 12 November 14 at 07:52
Yes indeed. May apologies. To many buttons that look similar.
Chad and Jessie
Posted on 12 November 14 at 18:00
Thanks again for the submission. We did make one other update, as we added Hidden Requirement to the following achievements
Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360)Deft DuelistThe Deft Duelist achievement in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360) worth 7 pointsWin a Multiplayer Duel
Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360)Battle MasteryThe Battle Mastery achievement in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360) worth 161 pointsWin 100 Multiplayer Duels

While the multiplayer game mode does unlock during natural game progression, the opportunity to unlock the achievement is NOT possible during natural game progression. You have to play and meet the requirements in a separate game mode, after first meeting the 'hidden requirements' in order to earn these achievements. This does meet our definition of Hidden Requirement and we have applied the flag to these. Thanks again toast
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 12 November 14 at 20:45, Edited on 15 November 14 at 12:37 by Epsilon Theta
The definition states: This flag is added to achievements which require the player to have unlocked one or more game components not covered by other flags[...]Unlocking MP is covered by the MS flag. At least two of the examples behave similarly, unlock an achievement in MP after having done some of the campaign. Your post does not comply with the definition and contradicts provide examples. Please remove the flags, they are incorrect.

Edit: Made an erroneous assumption. Please see below!
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 15 November 14 at 12:36
I was wrong about the examples in the previous post. I had thought the examples were updated after the team had modified the definition of the flag but they hadn't been. Hence, either the examples are outdated or the achievement description is not correct, respectively complete.

What I was referring to is the need to have completed the single player campaign in Red Faction and the requirement to having completed the second act in Stormrise. Both are very much Main Storyline.
Chad and Jessie
Posted on 08 March 15 at 19:22, Edited on 08 March 15 at 19:22 by Chad and Jessie
It appears that we had missed flagging Hidden Requirement on one of our examples. That is now corrected...Thank you. toast

However, it does appear that you may be experiencing some confusion as to the usage of the hidden requirement, so we'll attempt to clarify that for you...sorry for going a bit off topic here. The intent of the hidden requirement flag is to indicate that something needs to be done before you can attempt to unlock the achievements. However, if these hidden items/tasks/requirements are already covered by other flags, such as level, we don't also include the Hidden requirement flag as it is already coved by those flags. We also don't apply it to achievements that can or will unlock during natural game progression.

Achievements that do have a 'hidden' requirement and can NOT be unlocked during natural game progression, such as Battle Mastery in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360) and Deft Duelist in Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers (Xbox 360), do meet the intent and definition for the Hidden Requirement flag, and thus we have flagged them as such. Thanks again for the submission and for the correction to our example. toast
Information Posted on 08 March 15 at 19:42
This post was archived by WebChimp UK
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 08 March 15 at 21:51
[...]it does appear that you may be experiencing some confusion as to the usage of the hidden requirement, so we'll attempt to clarify that for you...[...]Finishing the tutorial, the "hidden" requirement you mentioned is flagged as Main Storyline and hence, by your flagging, qualifies perfectly for the "natural game progression" bit. The application of the Hidden Requirement flag seems, therefore, wrong as by your own definition.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.