The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: June 30th, 2015

• Posted on 01 July 15 at 10:11
    Guess I got lucky yesterday morning. PvZ went on sale for Xone with the wrong price in the first hours. I've bought it for €13 instead of 20 :D
  • Posted on 01 July 15 at 10:18
    rocking23nf said:EnjoyableCoffee said:I wouldn't even get an EA game if it was free.why? dragon age is awesome, peggle was a lot of fun, plants vs zombies is the best game made for the X1, and titanfall has been a blast.Over exaggerating a tad.

/

It's true though, don't punish yourself just because EA published a game, you're missing out on some great games. EA can be tossers especially in the past but at the end of the day, there are idiots every where and the fact is while EA may get their grubs on a lot of the profit made from the sales if they've published it, still a portion goes to the deserving developers.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 15 at 10:25, Edited on 01 July 15 at 10:27 by
    EnjoyableCoffee said:I wouldn't even get an EA game if it was free.Don't be a credulous gamer. EA has MANY great games.

Dragon Age being its best dish. (Big ups Bioware)

Ignoring its merits would extremely foolish. Especially when you have none on your tag to judge them 'from'.
  • Posted on 01 July 15 at 12:28
    Great games on sale! smile I strongly suggest you buying Crysis 2 if you haven't already at that price with all my heart! It's one of the hell game! smile

Also lots of stupidity exists on this planet! Some people hate so much the publishers, so they don't want to purchase games. pffffttt
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,082
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 12:43
    PVZ GW is an awesome game, but there are a few random achievements that might require a lot of hours of repeating to get.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 01 July 15 at 16:30
    dropK1CK ninJA said:o DEEVIUS o said:Syndicate for me smileSolid game. Still some co-op people out there too. I was surprised.Fuse was pretty good too. ....a steal at that price.
    ...start at crazy, then work backwards.
  • Posted on 01 July 15 at 17:25
    ChiT0wnRedneck said:IAteA11ThePies said:I'd feel pretty hacked off if I were to buy MX vs ATX: Reflex at double the price other regions have it at (both MX... games are €10 as opposed to $5 elsewhere) AND find out that the Servers are down for it. For them to usually charge €40 for a 5 year old game with all its servers turned off is ridiculous, even if you don't care about the 1/7th of Achievements that require those servers as a huge chunk of the game is effectively missing. So the server is down for this game? I guess I need to do better research before I blindly buy games.See here - Servers Still Dead?

They may come back up, but I'd say the chances are slim. They mention that it "either its getting Reflex servers back up or delivering you a whole new game." - and they have announced a new Supercross/Alive hybrid game for the One/PS4. That said, apparently there was an update of the network code for Supercross this week and they also said in October that they wanted to get that running before working on Reflex, so never say never...
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie772,050
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 19:45
    I'll echo many people on here and say that Kingdoms of Amalur is a solid game and well worth playing. Syndicate is even better, assuming you have a co-op partner to play with it's fantastic. And Mirror's Edge is a can't-miss title, one of my favorites on the platform. Getting all three of them for less than $15 is an absolute steal.

I bought Fuse and Thomas, because I just can't help myself.
  • SurerABESurerABE575,530
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 20:04
    Just a note Hitman go (wp) is currently on flash sale
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,857,451
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 21:10
    Xbox One PvZ GW is $6.60, not $10.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,547,255
    Posted on 01 July 15 at 21:14, Edited on 01 July 15 at 21:14 by ChewieOnIce
    Dwaggienite said:Xbox One PvZ GW is $6.60, not $10.For 360, sure. But for One it's $10. It was cheaper at the beginning of the sale but then they adjusted the prices.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • misfit119misfit1191,075,322
    Posted on 02 July 15 at 04:09
    LewisNoobBuster said:EnjoyableCoffee said:I wouldn't even get an EA game if it was free.Don't be a credulous gamer. EA has MANY great games.

Dragon Age being its best dish. (Big ups Bioware)

Ignoring its merits would extremely foolish. Especially when you have none on your tag to judge them 'from'.
    While I would obviously never go so far as to say I'd never buy an EA game because it's made by EA (My gamertag would put the lie to that pretty fast) I can definitely say that knowing a game is made / published by EA gives me great pause in playing it even if I can do so for free. A good example is the EA Vault: During the free play days I wanted to try out NHL and FIFA since I enjoy hockey and soccer games. But knowing it's an EA game and how they are with their servers I will very likely never try one of them even if / when I subscribe to the EA Vault simply because I don't want to be rushed to complete a game that they may close servers for at any time.

A shame but there it is.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 03 July 15 at 21:41
    Wow 5 weeks in a row without a sales purchase.
    G O i7 of L 1 V E
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.