Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Blue Dragon Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 27 May 11 at 19:50
    Please use this thread to discuss the Blue Dragon walkthrough
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 July 11 at 16:55
    Richard Bastion chose a good moment for retirement ahahah.
  • Information
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry411,823
    Posted on 18 July 11 at 21:37
    That is one hell of a walkthrough...
  • Posted on 13 November 11 at 21:24
    thank you so much for the walkthrough it really helped me alot thanks to you i got the 1000G again thank you so much i hope to see more walkthrough's from you.

PS: i want to point out that one of the missable achievements the one about the Squashtrich, you cant get it if you restart from checkpoint
    DDK
  • Posted on 30 December 11 at 11:16
    Having finally gotten round to playing blue dragon I decided to use your brilliant walkthrough as I do not wish to play through it 4-5 times getting all achievements. I think it is a very good walkthrough and well presented though I did notice one thing you have missed out, the Guardian class has a rank 30 ablility Total Guard.

other than that, thanks a bunch for helping me get annoying achievements more easily.
  • Posted on 14 February 12 at 18:06
    How long are people taking to complete this?
    [13:31:40] jphil03: and look at DK now, he has a better completion than me
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 February 12 at 21:13, Edited on 14 February 12 at 21:13 by
    ChaosOverfiend said:
    I did notice one thing you have missed out, the Guardian class has a rank 30 ablility Total Guard.
    Ugh, just read this. Thanks for reporting it, I'll ask Tasty Pastry to add it.

dropK1CK ninJA said:
    How long are people taking to complete this?
    60+ hours, mainly because there's some massive old fashion farming to do for level up purposes, which leads to some achievements.
  • Connolly800Connolly800373,821
    Posted on 01 April 12 at 19:16
    Just after completing the game. Couldn't have done it without this brilliant guide. Thanks to all involved.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,499,674
    Posted on 02 April 12 at 00:55
    holy crap that must have took you forever. kudos
    100 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • Rowdy185Rowdy185476,350
    Posted on 09 December 12 at 05:40
    I know after this far in the game it may seem obvious, but in the Upper Mecha Base, you forgot to explain that the Security Electrogue turns into Electrogue Part A and Electrogue Part B.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 December 12 at 12:32
    It's been a while since I last played the game, so help me out here.

Rowdy185 said:
    I know after this far in the game it may seem obvious, but in the Upper Mecha Base, you forgot to explain that the Security Electrogue turns into Electrogue Part A and Electrogue Part B.
    What is the problem exactly? Electrogue Part A and Electrogue Part B cannot be found as individual enemies, but only after Security Electrogue splits? Or is it only to say that the Security Electrogue may end up splitting if you don't kill him quick enough?
    Rowdy185 said:
    Also you say that after you trigger the scene in the Northern Ice Fields that is is not a no-return point, however past that point you cannot warp to the "mainland" to continue looking for items or for leveling.
    Not sure which point exactly you mean, but in this game there is never a point of no return. It's true that you can't directly warp from the final locations to the main lands, but there is a warp gate (Mecha Robo Cube) that takes you back to the main land ("To the World Map") with an artificial travel through time, which practically means the world exactly as it was before going through that point, i.e. you're back and everything is the same. Unless you mean something else...?
  • Solario32Solario32325,195
    Posted on 09 December 12 at 16:12
    Dam, I need to check this walkthrough after beating the game once on my own.
  • Rowdy185Rowdy185476,350
    Posted on 09 December 12 at 20:08
    I deleted the second post, I was confused by the warp system, not thinking that I could return to the mainland. Thank you for clearing that up.

Yes, you are correct, to get Electrogue Part A and B, you have to wait for the Security Electrogue to split. I was playing with a very high level character, so I killed it in one hit, not thinking that the character split. Just thought I'd let you know so you could add the asterisks in like you normally did for such monsters.

Starlight126 said:
    It's been a while since I last played the game, so help me out here.

Rowdy185 said:
    What is the problem exactly? Electrogue Part A and Electrogue Part B cannot be found as individual enemies, but only after Security Electrogue splits? Or is it only to say that the Security Electrogue may end up splitting if you don't kill him quick enough?
    Rowdy185 said:
    Also you say that after you trigger the scene in the Northern Ice Fields that is is not a no-return point, however past that point you cannot warp to the "mainland" to continue looking for items or for leveling.
    Not sure which point exactly you mean, but in this game there is never a point of no return. It's true that you can't directly warp from the final locations to the main lands, but there is a warp gate (Mecha Robo Cube) that takes you back to the main land ("To the World Map") with an artificial travel through time, which practically means the world exactly as it was before going through that point, i.e. you're back and everything is the same. Unless you mean something else...?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 December 12 at 20:54
    I'll check it out and fix it accordingly as soon as possible, thanks for the info.
  • ZvetikiZvetiki85,637
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 03:01
    Well written and spoiler free as usual, thanks!

One addition to you section about the blue barriers on Disc 2. You provide rather elaborate strategies for fighting Jumbo Poo and Corrosive Poo, but when you have the blue device, you should also have the Poo Bracelet from Jibral Castle's chest. Regarding that, you mention "the Jumbo or the Corrosive Poo which you will meet soon are not affected by this item." This does not seem to be correct: They both did fall in a single hit for me.
  • Sinnott147Sinnott147161,441
    Posted on 18 June 13 at 10:15, Edited on 18 June 13 at 10:16 by Sinnott147
    Walkthrough is really solid nice work.

Could you add in the boosting tips/notes that there is a robot (Number 39) in Baroy Town (right in front of 'House Near Temple') that refills your MP for free and leaves your status ailments, so you can keep the stink ailment,

Thanks.
  • eohjayeohjay1,431,438
    Posted on 27 January 14 at 14:46
    Just wanted to add thanks for the walk through - it is really superb work!
  • GhostJohn325GhostJohn325383,416
    Posted on 10 June 14 at 11:33
    Thanks for the walkthrough. I just want to add, at the end of the game the story item # 337 is not the last one before the achievement. It doesn't pop until you get an item from the "somebody" behind the tree. I was freaking out thinking I had messed up somewhere.
  • Posted on 04 July 14 at 00:35
    This is the best walkthrough I have ever used! I was able to get all the achievements in one play through. Thanks for all the hard work!
    RefPilot
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.