Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Content Roundup: November 13th & 14th, 2014

• DeeUUDeeUU210,015
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 07:35Permalink
    TTDog666 said:Have been playing Pure Pool on the PS4 this week... pretty poor, Pool Nation is better by a considerable margin.Don't agree with that at all, Pool Nation is decent, but Pure Pool is really really slick and the physics are top notch.

Well worth it IMO (if you like pool obviously)
  • Chris8875Chris8875511,798
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 07:43Permalink
    Bought Toybox Turbos via my US 'friend' account. Massive fun. Short, but great couch multiplayer fun too.
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo199,614
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 07:56Permalink
    BaronVonBrannan said:oO KwaX Oo said:FIFA 15 has sounded the death knell for FIFA 14 (Win 8) and FIFA 14 (WP), neither of which are available for download anymore either.Seriously?!! Delisted less than 9 months after its release?! ...Wasn't this a completely free sideline to the main game? No wonder its delisted, they clearly want you to get 15. And if you don't already own it but are intrigued by the free win8/wp game, they want you to buy fifa 15 to compliment it. Haha wait EA make FIFA don't they...?I liked the free GS but hated the idea of adding a football game to my played games ... But I think I will not get FIFA 14 (WP) (don't have much choice, anyway!) and will also take a pass on FIFA 15 Ultimate Team (WP) ... I don't want to add a "download" to their stats!

TheMaize said:If you already bought the games on your phone, you can still download it.
    In the latest Windows 8.1 patch you can now choose to search for "owned titles" in the store. some delisted titles will still be unavailable, but not the fifa 13 and 14 games ??
    I tried something similar:
    Games > Games Store > ... (scrolling menu) > My Apps
    But FIFA 14 (WP) is under the not available for this phone section with a Not available instead of the regular Space required to install:.
    This:TheMaize said:If you backed up a Nokia phone while the old titles was still on it, it will redownload ALL delisted games aswell is something interesting but having a HTC, that's something I can't test myself.
  • Posted on 15 November 14 at 09:40Permalink
    Sweet Pure Pool is finally released, may pick it up or be a cheapo and wait for a deal.
    Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
  • JamPound32JamPound32851,630
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 13:14Permalink
    I do want to play Toybox Turbos but i've heard you can complete it in like 5 hours so i'll wait for some form of sale.
  • MemoMemo296,672
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 14:15Permalink
    Aha! Pure Pool is finally here, hey!? Good. Will pick that up in a few weeks. And if Toybox Turbos is anything like Micro Machines V3 I shall grab that too!
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • CASS190684CASS190684241,088
    Posted on 15 November 14 at 21:51Permalink
    Toybox Turbos wasn't released in Australia on Xbox? Well that's rather disappointing. Looks like I might have to get that one on PS3 now since for some reason it has been released on the Aussie PS Store. I'm hoping it'll still release on the Xbox Marketplace here though... Maybe next week?? I'll wait and see because I'd rather get it for my 360 if possible.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:41Permalink
    Big Papa REZ said:Great timing for me to have to factory reset my phone and have been away for military training and been waiting for a Wi-Fi connection to re download FIFA 14... No notice or nothing. Complete BS!If you've already bought the game, this really isn't an issue...

Just go to the following link...

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fifa-14/0ed6989b...

...scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll see a link titled "Download & install manually" which gives you the following link...

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fifa-14/0ed6989b...

...which funnily enough, allows you to download the game you've already paid for... I just double checked, and whilst the main page in my purchase history says that it's no longer available, the app page, still lets you download it...

Simples... toast
    Drink the kool-aid!
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:44Permalink
    Yeah, I know, it was a free game and not paid for, but the technique applies to all the paid-for games as well...

If there's any games you bought or grabbed a licence for...

Go to www.windowsphone.com

Then click on the purchase history link, and you can re-download all your apps/games and load them from your PC rather than directly through the phone...
    Drink the kool-aid!
  • mDoolin14mDoolin14303,046
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 05:06Permalink
    Killian Fraggle said:Yeah, I know, it was a free game and not paid for, but the technique applies to all the paid-for games as well...

Then click on the purchase history link, and you can re-download all your apps/games and load them from your PC rather than directly through the phone...
    Any way to do this with the Windows 8 version of the game?
    Matt Doolin
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 08:44Permalink
    Nothing for me now :/
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 21:09Permalink
    Killian Fraggle said:Yeah, I know, it was a free game and not paid for, but the technique applies to all the paid-for games as well...

How do you get it to actually install though? I downloaded FIFA 14 straight to my phone, and I couldn't get the game to load the .xap file as an actual app (it kept coming up with some "need to install...install failed" error).
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2699,694
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 03:16Permalink

Doesn't work. I had downloaded it, deleted it later, and now on my history it says "App is no longer published".
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.