The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: December 2014

• rocking23nfrocking23nf613,538
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 06:00
    are we getting 12 days with different games?
  • CASS190684CASS190684253,345
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 09:19
    Just got Win8 so I might grab ilomilo.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • JamPound32JamPound321,320,980
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 09:37, Edited on 13 December 14 at 09:38 by JamPound32
    rocking23nf said:are we getting 12 days with different games?No...read the article. 12 games are discounted with 2 of them having achievements.
  • Posted on 13 December 14 at 09:52
    Archie Button said:Senior Chupon said:N7 Guerilla said:Judging by the different prices, I'm guessing Pac Man isn't a buy-one-get-both kinda thing like Spartan Assault?Yea, there's a special icon + text on the pages that are cross-buy.

Text says "Get once, download on compatible Windows Phones too"
    Just wondering if there's a list somewhere showing all games that are purchase once and get both versions?
    The only thing I could suggest is having a look through the live compatible games and looking for the icon, sadly there isn't an option to narrow down the search.
    The original DC's! Completing game's in an art.
  • AckterAckter338,106
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 11:00
    ilomilo is such a lovely little game.
  • Posted on 13 December 14 at 12:11
    Love both games, but considering they're on sale bimonthly most people who want them probably already have them
  • BonxyBonxy185,489
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 14:49
    ilomilo for wp is a brilliant game.

Might pick it up on Win8 now.
    http://bonxy.info
  • itz waz meitz waz me297,494
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 16:56
    hmm Ilomilo is quite interesting. might pick it up when i get my new WP.
    itz waz me
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka323,642
    Posted on 13 December 14 at 16:59, Edited on 13 December 14 at 17:00 by KanjiKoka
    AFalcon90 said:MC0REBE said:Got both of them already... AGAIN!Tell me about it. Sheesh.The only time these repeat sales work is when you finally get your hands on the platform. Which is my case right now.

Are these the cheapest these two titles have been, aside from a possible free time?

Edit: For Win 8 I mean.
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • Posted on 13 December 14 at 20:01
    The reason they are always the same games is because companies don't want to invest in developing for it. Windows Phone in the US is less than 3% of the market share, and Windows 8 is seen to many as doubling down on the second coming of Vista. Look at the list of titles that have achievements in them - seems like Microsoft is pretty much the majority, followed by a few other brave companies that learned the hard way: Windows 8 and/or Windows Phone isn't worth investing the time and resources in.
  • Jsrc1990Jsrc1990208,328
    Posted on 14 December 14 at 02:46
    perfect, yesterday bought ilomilo and now go out buy pacman, both for wp, ill be waiting for more
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,931,463
    Posted on 14 December 14 at 03:13
    The market share may not be super high, but it's no excuse. Maybe if they had made the marketplace the equivalent of the apple store they'd be competitive. But they are too arrogant to care. The UI is so much better on WP, it is sad how they don't support it. They could have absolutely made a footprint in the market, but they are clueless. Seems they're getting that way with everything lately, so not sure why I'm surprised.

I've supported WP from the start, but my next phone won't be one.
    I call this my fortress of being alone by myself!
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty838,528
    Posted on 14 December 14 at 13:59
    o DEEVIUS o said:You know I'm gonna get my 1st WP for crimbo and I'll've missed all these sales!! cryDon't bother. Get a proper phone.
  • Posted on 14 December 14 at 22:00
    Wheres the 360/one sale version!!!!!!!!!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 December 14 at 23:09
    KanjiKoka said:AFalcon90 said:MC0REBE said:Got both of them already... AGAIN!Tell me about it. Sheesh.The only time these repeat sales work is when you finally get your hands on the platform. Which is my case right now.

Are these the cheapest these two titles have been, aside from a possible free time?

Edit: For Win 8 I mean.
    No, I bought Illimo for a buck.
  • Posted on 15 December 14 at 04:59
    Just to confirm if I buy Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ for Win 8, I'll get it free on the WP like Spartan Assault?
  • JamPound32JamPound321,320,980
    Posted on 15 December 14 at 14:46
    Psychotic Jon said:Just to confirm if I buy Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ for Win 8, I'll get it free on the WP like Spartan Assault?No.
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x293,973
  • Posted on 15 December 14 at 19:15
    Thanks for the info
  • Posted on 19 December 14 at 22:21
    I want Ilomilo on WP but the demo is broken for me. When I go to the main menu no matter how much I tap nothing registers so I cannot even start the demo from the game's menu screen..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.