Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

GunWorld Revealed for Xbox One

• Posted on 10 May 15 at 01:01
    I like retro games, but I didn't spend $500 on a NEXT GEN console to be flooded by them. I feel this is more of an indie console more than anything. There is definitely more focus for indie and retro games than Next-Gen.
  • KnoellKnoell384,302
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 03:56
    Why are people crying about indie games?

Wasn't it a knock on Microsoft that Sony was going to be much more friendly with Indie developers? Microsoft did their own thing, and are getting indie games out there, and suddenly people complain about too many indie games lol.

People are never happy.

The big budget games are coming. E3 is next month, and we will see more announcements.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Knoell
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 May 15 at 04:04
    Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

Wasn't it a knock on Microsoft that Sony was going to be much more friendly with Indie developers? Microsoft did their own thing, and are getting indie games out there, and suddenly people complain about too many indie games lol.

People are never happy.

The big budget games are coming. E3 is next month, and we will see more announcements.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    how is it crying?
    i find it stupid how much the games cost on a new gen which could be play on a old gen console for half the price, its pretty much the same games getting re-made over and over again
    and elder scrolls isn't it just online based which is going to cost you gold and a subscription fee anyhow
    payday 2 is already on the 360 so its not new
    metal gear solid if its like the other one be 1 main mission then just some other side crap
    halo 5 / black ops im guessing it will be pretty much the same games as the others in the series
    and also on the xbox one pretty much all these games are getting broight out are remastered games from 1,2yrs ago or some game i #idarb which cost $20 which is a joke, the xbox one games are way over priced for us Australians so generally i was expecting something more unique
  • Posted on 10 May 15 at 04:10
    I love indie and I love retro.

You can't expect a top tier game to come out every week, game developers aren't machines that shit out codes.

If you don't like indie retro, feel free to sit back and wait for a more developed game to be released. There's no point in complaining...

Indie games were always popping up on the 360 and no one complained... not that you can complain about amazing 2D dating adventure games, they just seem to have more coverage on TA now.
  • Posted on 10 May 15 at 04:16
    xONLY INHUMANx said:Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

People are never happy.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    how is it crying?
    i find it stupid how much the games cost on a new gen which could be play on a old gen console for half the price, its pretty much the same games getting re-made over and over again
    and elder scrolls isn't it just online based which is going to cost you gold and a subscription fee anyhow
    metal gear solid if its like the other one be 1 main mission then just some other side crap
    halo 5 / black ops im guessing it will be pretty much the same games as the others in the series
    and also on the xbox one pretty much all these games are getting broight out are remastered games from 1,2yrs ago or some game i #idarb which cost $20 which is a joke, the xbox one games are way over priced for us Australians so generally i was expecting something more unique
    "how is it crying"

> cries about every major upcoming game release suggested laugh

that's none of my business though. *sips tea*
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 May 15 at 04:26
    Watermelown said:xONLY INHUMANx said:Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

People are never happy.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    how is it crying?
    "how is it crying"

its called proving a point the point of a next gen console is to move forward i haven't seen the xbox one do so and i'm guessing you are some who doesn't pay for anything himself most likely gets your parents to do so
  • Posted on 10 May 15 at 04:30
    xONLY INHUMANx said:Watermelown said:xONLY INHUMANx said:Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

People are never happy.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    how is it crying?
    "how is it crying"

its called proving a point the point of a next gen console is to move forward i haven't seen the xbox one do so and i'm guessing you are some who doesn't pay for anything himself most likely gets your parents to do so
    Nope I work night shifts, six days a week, not that that's any of your business ^^
  • ElyohElyoh865,439
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 05:37
    What the hell, I payed $2000 for this high end gaming PC and Steam is just full of indie crap. Where are my AAA titles???

...Said no one ever.

Don't want these games? Don't play them. I'm not a fan of sports games, should I troll every sports game release news story like you guys do every indie release story? facepalm
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • matdanmatdan794,620
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 05:47
    Elyoh said:What the hell, I payed $2000 for this high end gaming PC and Steam is just full of indie crap. Where are my AAA titles???

...Said no one ever.

Don't want these games? Don't play them. I'm not a fan of sports games, should I troll every sports game release news story like you guys do every indie release story? facepalm
    I guess you have not been on Steam recently then, the place is over-run with garbage from the green-light program and all the early-access games out there atm.

Xbox One is not quite that far gone. Yet.

I think it is the more evident fact that the B and C grade games have gone with the wind. Now it is either whatever the indie devs make (Something good usually comes out of it, ignoring all the trash platformers and terrible games) or AAA games that have 10GB patches at launch as your options.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • ElyohElyoh865,439
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 06:28
    matdan12 said:I think it is the more evident fact that the B and C grade games have gone with the wind. Now it is either whatever the indie devs make (Something good usually comes out of it, ignoring all the trash platformers and terrible games) or AAA games that have 10GB patches at launch as your options.Admittedly I do miss the more B-grade games. They weren't perfect, but could easily have more charm than A-grade titles usually have.

As for Steam, I'm aware that it has lots of trash in it, but I simply ignore it. I play what I want, if people want those games I consider crap then good for them. I'm happy playing what I want.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc412,136
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 09:42
    Elyoh said:matdan12 said:I think it is the more evident fact that the B and C grade games have gone with the wind. Now it is either whatever the indie devs make (Something good usually comes out of it, ignoring all the trash platformers and terrible games) or AAA games that have 10GB patches at launch as your options.Admittedly I do miss the more B-grade games. They weren't perfect, but could easily have more charm than A-grade titles usually have.

As for Steam, I'm aware that it has lots of trash in it, but I simply ignore it. I play what I want, if people want those games I consider crap then good for them. I'm happy playing what I want.
    I think they still exist. After all, I wouldn't exactly call the likes of Styx, Shadow Warrior and the Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi games A grade anytime soon. There's just a lot less of them because of added costs.
  • KnoellKnoell384,302
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 10:38, Edited on 10 May 15 at 10:39 by Knoell
    xONLY INHUMANx said:how is it crying?
    It's crying because you are making a big deal about something that doesn't have to affect you. No one is saying m07games, you should be making the next new and innovative "Bioshock" game instead of this indie crap! Go play something else. There are unlimited options out there for you, and enough games to last a lifetime. Something doesn't have to be new to be enjoyable. There are people who like these type games (I prefer bigger games like Fallout), and yours or my opinion do not trump theirs.

Between Steam, recent Live Sales, and the GWG program, you shouldn't be having any trouble finding affordable games to play. Why do you even care about the price of indie games you don't like or plan to buy anyway?
    Knoell
  • xxxIsaiahxxxxxxIsaiahxxx752,225
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 16:25
    I think this game looks pretty good! smile
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,652,624
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 17:09
    xONLY INHUMANx said:i find it stupid how much the games cost on a new gen which could be play on a old gen console for half the price, its pretty much the same games getting re-made over and over againThat's another thing, why are people going on about the price being "too high"? Seriously, back on the N64 games cost WAY more. Same on the PS1. Game prices are VERY low nowadays considering how much it costs to make them now. So, don't complain. It could be a lot worse, but instead of publishers and developers increasing the base price to where it should be, they're doubling down on Season Passes and micro-transactions. Which, are two things (you have a choice in) they could forgo and just increase game prices across the board (something you DON'T have a choice in).
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,727,690
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 22:31
    People make it sound like if these Indie games weren't Developed and published then they'd get more AAA titles or 'next gen' titles laugh

There's a reason why many Indie devs use retro style graphics.
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,490,374
    Posted on 10 May 15 at 23:47
    Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

People are never happy.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    and I'm looking forward to only Metal Gear in that list everything else looks like garbage
  • CloudCircusCloudCircus519,438
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 01:03
    These comments are so embarrasing. There is a wide array of indie games. Just check out lifeless planet. Also, games like shovel knight and rogue legacy have a retro graphics style, but they are more fun and have a lot more depth than a lot of the AAA games that come out. If you dont like a game, just don't play it.
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn545,483
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 01:06
    The co-op for this retro game could be really fun.

Everyone has a good point with each argument.

Yes... Microsoft is not delivering "Next Gen" content (it is only a year old).

Yes... XOne has and will be releasing a lot of "retro" style game (Indie games)

Yes.... It is a good thing to support independent publishing (the "name brands" should not get all of the money).

Yes... There is a fear that given that "retro" games are being purchased by a great deal of gamers, it will lead to the underperformance of support to accomplish "Next Gen" gaming.

Yes... gamers should have the right (option) to purchase what they wish... but it may come at the price of stunting the "Next Gen" process.

No need for name calling and placing posts that add little to discussion (merely bitching).

Personally... I will buy games that I want to play.

Personally... I will buy what I want to play.
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • KnoellKnoell384,302
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 01:54
    Angels Kill Too said:Knoell said:Why are people crying about indie games?

People are never happy.

2015 future releases:

The Witcher 3
    Elder Scrolls Online
    PayDay 2
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Halo 5
    Black Ops III
    Star Wars Battlefront
    and I'm looking forward to only Metal Gear in that list everything else looks like garbage
    In your opinion. I'd hate to be in the persons shoes that puts Metal Gear above the Witcher 3. #myopinionisbetterthanyours
    Knoell
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 May 15 at 07:32
    The real shame is TA publishing the story
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.