Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Rogue Forum

Do cheats disable achievements

AuthorMessage
Filip36365
Filip36365
Posted on 13 December 14 at 02:23
Was wondering if using the cheats in the game (the ones you get for completing challenges) disable achievements. It says the gave doesnt save, but it doesnt say whether or not achievements get disabled
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 13 December 14 at 02:26
They disabled achievements in Black flag so I assume so.
I speak for me, the site speaks for itself
ImaginaryRuins
Posted on 13 December 14 at 18:11
There are several achievements requiring you to activate certain cheats, so if cheats disable cheevos, it means those several achievements are impossible to obtain, which is not the case.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 13 December 14 at 18:17
Shows how much ive read the list!
Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon
Posted on 13 December 14 at 20:19
There are specific achievements for doing certain things with only one cheat activated, but that does not mean that arbitrary cheats or combinations thereof can be used to unlock other achievements.
Kulaguy Assassin's Creed Rogue Master of the North Atlantic Kulaguy's solution for the Master of the North Atlantic Achievement in Assassin's Creed RogueAll legendary Battles Completed
Given suggestions such as these, I would have to assume that cheats do disable achievements in all other cases.

I would have to assume that, because the game autosaves when you exit to menu, it may be committing "clean" cheat-free data of your accomplishments despite just having cheated your ass off. Sounds a lot like an unintended bug, so I think the correct answer to the question "do cheats disable achievements?" is "not until they patch it."
Supporter of unpopular opinions.
Filip36365
Filip36365
Posted on 13 December 14 at 21:05
Anyone actually try it though? Im too worried in trying cause I dont want to have to play through the game again on a new save if it does disable.
MC0REBE
MC0REBE
Posted on 14 December 14 at 13:55
They don't disable achievements seeing as there are some for playing with cheats but they all stop saving your progress. Also, don't play with cheats; the game is easy enough as it is
TA Walkthrough Manager | "We work in the dark to serve the light" ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
The Globalizer
Posted on 15 December 14 at 18:47, Edited on 15 December 14 at 18:47 by The Globalizer
Only disables saving - you can turn on the cheats, complete the relevant achievement, turn the cheat off, and continue merrily on your way.

I didn't earn any global achievements with cheats being on but doubt they are turned off, given the above.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 15 December 14 at 18:48
I realise my mistake here... you asked about rogue redface
MitoticActivity
Posted on 18 December 14 at 07:09
Spilner said:I realise my mistake here... you asked about rogue redfaceIt is the AC Rogue forum, so why would he be asking about something else? No need to be embarrassed, I suppose we were all TA n00bs at some point.
The Cripplers
The Cripplers
Posted on 20 December 14 at 07:16
It doesn't seem to disable at least some of them. You can use cheats for Legendary ships and the supply camps for sure.
FierceMonkeyMan
Posted on 26 March 15 at 11:38, Edited on 26 March 15 at 11:39 by FierceMonkeyMan
yes, cheats are FOR the achievements if you need them. There is a disclaimer that says your progress will not save if a cheat is activated so if you couldnt us them to progress through the game and you couldnt use them for achievements there would never be any reason to ever use them except for the 4 achievements that require them. I personally havent had to use them, I guess it could have made things easier for me but I was more concerned about the game saving and the achievements would come on their own. smoke bombs were my go to "cheat". smoke 'em out, cut 'em down!! angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.