Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Skulls of the Shogun Will Launch At A Discount

• xDnl94xDnl94309,724
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:30
    shared achievements list but separate prices? why should i pay twice for the same game?
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite4,320,706
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:31, Edited on 23 January 13 at 19:32 by Dwaggienite
    XBLA = 1200 MSP? No Sale.
    WP7 = $5? No Sale.
    Win 8 = $10? No Sale.

The same game on three different platforms, with the same achievement list, with different prices. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Look, dude, hardly any game on the phone is worth $5. Pull your finger out. $2.99 tops.

Also, it's been proven time and again 1200 MSP is a hated price point. Do it for 800 MSP.

And just because it's on a touch/surface/win 8 device does not mean you can rip people off. $10 is too much for an 'arcade' game. $5-6 tops.
  • Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:33
    Glad to hear there'll be a discount on launch, much more likely to pick it up for WP.
  • Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:33
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Also, it's been proven time and again 1200 MSP is a hated price point. Do it for 800 MSP.

That's why Minecraft is one of the best selling Arcade games of all time?

Price doesn't matter. If the game is good and fun then people will buy it.
  • PhxSuns1FanPhxSuns1Fan592,692
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:39
    Wow windows 8 games r $15 bucks
    My life doesn't evolve around Xbox, or atleast I keep telling myself that :)
  • Erickson187Erickson187604,487
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:41, Edited on 23 January 13 at 19:45 by Erickson187
    I thought I had read before that the achievements are stackable. I think just the Windows 8 and Surface are using the same ones. I believe that the XBLA and the Windows Phone are seperate which would make 3 sets of achievements.

I am also thinking that the Windows 8 and surface one is one price for both since they are very similar especially with the Surface Pro coming out in a few weeks which has the full blown Windows 8 OS on it.

I think I will just pick up the Windows Phone version as long as it is compatable with WP8 for now since I just got the bing reward $5 and since the phone games rarely go on sale and have not had any DOTW in well over a month, but I will wait for the arcade one to go on a nice sale.
  • Posted on 23 January 13 at 19:43
    Erickson187 said:
    I thought I had read before that the achievements are stackable. I think just the Windows 8 and Surface are using the same ones. I believe that the XBLA and the Windows Phone are seperate which would make 3 sets of achievements.
    Correct. Win8/Surface share a list.

XBLA/WP use different ones, meaning 3 sets of achievements all told across 4 versions.
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,552,818
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:27, Edited on 23 January 13 at 20:31 by Petrified
    I wouldn't pay the discounted or regular price for it on WP or W8
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,319,509
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:35
    I'll try the demo for Live but the 1200MSP seems steep from what I have seen so far. maybe it will surprise me.
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator223,771
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:40
    Looking at prices for huge HD games on Android which is similar to Xbox 360 games for only 1$....Well...5$ is too damn much for a Windows Phone games.

Windows Phone is a low performance phone, while phones like Galaxy S3 beats the crap outta WP Games in terms of content and gfx, but not always gameplay thou, Gameplay is also much slicker on Android at 60 fps, while WP games runs at lower res and lower framerate.

I know, because i bought 47 games on Windows Phone 7.5.

WP Games on sale at 1$ is okay.. They just cant charge 5 times the price of the Android version if its multiplatform. Thats just wrong.
  • LordjiLordji136,951
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:46
    Ok they can die. I'll wait for a 600MSP before checking it.
  • Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:52
    Will buy when it's $5 on XBLA then, seems a bit unfair otherwise.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,500,227
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 20:55
    xDnl94 said:
    shared achievements list but separate prices? why should i pay twice for the same game?
    Reread the article, nothing is sharing a list with a different price. Windows 8 and Surface share a price, and a list. Windows Phone 8 is a different list and different price. Windows 8 is not Windows Phone 8
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,284,460
    Posted on 23 January 13 at 23:43
    MC Evil Dead said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:

That's why Minecraft is one of the best selling Arcade games of all time?

Price doesn't matter. If the game is good and fun then people will buy it.
    Minecraft has a tendency to be in its own league. Would Trials HD have 50,000+ tracked gamers on this site if it were 1600 MSP? How about Shadow Complex? Splosion Man? Minecraft sold for that price because with that sort of name recognition, it could sell for that price.
  • ExuExu512,103
    Posted on 24 January 13 at 12:51
    Lol, those discounted prices are STILL too high. And not discounting the XBLA version while they're at it?

How about I lube up and bend over while they're at it?
  • CaptainAdeCaptainAde538,219
    Posted on 24 January 13 at 16:01
    I flatly refuse to pay that much for an XBLA game. If I get it, I will wait until it is significantly cheaper. I really wanted Mark of the Ninja but refused to pay 1200 MSP for it, I recently bought it for 600 MSP over Christmas (absolutely fantastic game, btw)
  • SkrypekSkrypek270,554
    Posted on 24 January 13 at 17:19, Edited on 26 January 13 at 16:21 by Skrypek
    Why do you confuse people by saying stuff like "Windows 8 and Surface versions are identical and will share an achievement list".
    Those are not two games, it is the same game!
    Surface runs Windows 8. Even though it's called Windows RT it's just a Windows 8 edition. And it runs apps and games from the same Store. All app purchases are valid for up to five Windows 8 devices, no matter if they are x86, x64 or ARM.
    And if the game supports cloud saves you can continue your games between your PCs/tablets. It's already working in Taptiles, Gunstringer and probably some others too.

(and during the infamous XBL cloud saves outage those Windows 8 games also didn't work. And I've got a month added to my Gold subscription, just as MS promised :)

Xbox, GWfL, WP and Xbox versions have always been seperate titles with seperate achievements and seperate purchases.

And this Skulls thing sure is overpriced.
  • Posted on 24 January 13 at 20:21
    Need my WP !!
  • Jedi Pirate OniJedi Pirate Oni1,049,041
    Posted on 29 January 13 at 11:11
    Definitely looks worth the WP discounted price. Probably get it on XBLA too. I don't mind paying the 5quid price as long as you get a good game out of it. Castlevania Puzzle, great game worth the price. Pac-Man CEDX, not worth it for an hour or 2.
    Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.