Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: March 5th, 2015

• punkyliarpunkyliar220,677
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:33
    Hmm.. Cant be so bad
    Mr. Negative
  • Necromorph11Necromorph11992,255
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:33
    this bad habit of discounting the same stuff over and over again has moved to WP too -_-
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:34
    OMG!
    I used to write Walkthroughs like you, then I took an arrow to the knee
  • ImJoshinYallImJoshinYall922,506
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:40
    If they simply had more games for these platforms, they wouldn't have to discount the same ones as often as they do. Or more new games anyways.
  • Watty8883Watty88832,246,361
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:57
    Didn't want it the previous 9 nine times either.
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 15:59
    Maybe the reason it always goes on sale is because damn near every other WP game is free.
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO979,587
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 16:08
    You guys are getting more and more passive aggressive every time you write one of the Red Stripe news headers, It's great!
  • MtldMtld1,904,999
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 16:51
    Done and Done!
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182548,782
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 16:52
    How about release more games with cheevos in them.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,347,161
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 17:31
    Same as the weekly sales the same thing on sale every other month. Some of the WP games have never been on sale so why always the same crap?
  • coipcoip251,772
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 18:18
    CanadianWhizKid said:If they simply had more games for these platforms, they wouldn't have to discount the same ones as often as they do. Or more new games anyways.That's not even it. There are like 200 Xbox games on WP. There are plenty of titles, especially older ones, that have not been discounted for years, if ever.

Harbor Master, Parachute Panic, Zombies (on the phone), Revolution, Hexic Rush, Lode Runner Classic, Gerbil Physics, Fusion Sentiment, Lunar Lander, and the like. I don't recall them being on sale any time in the past two years, and they're all decent mobile games that still work on WP8.1, so instead of putting the same 8 titles on sale every other month, why not rotate in some of those great older ones? It should be pretty easy since those are all Microsoft Studios' games.
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 19:36
    Are the achievements hard to get on this game?
  • aka VZaka VZ219,896
    Posted on 05 March 15 at 19:56
    DracoMightyena said:Are the achievements hard to get on this game?No, just very grindy. In the WP version, you need to collect 1 million gems which took me about 1 month playing everyday for 1-2 hours. I just played it on my train commute to work and right before bed.

For the Windows version, you need to reach rank 81 which will take you months if you are playing legit, but there is an exploit you can use to reach it faster which only takes a few hours.
  • Posted on 05 March 15 at 22:01
    Lack of content is the reason for deal repeats it also works out 4 peeps that just recently got a windows phone im personaly waiting for sales to buy any phone game
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator206,301
    Posted on 06 March 15 at 11:13
    CanadianWhizKid said:If they simply had more games for these platforms, they wouldn't have to discount the same ones as often as they do. Or more new games anyways.Its sad that the little popular "Games for Windows Live" had better support than Windows 8.
    I still play on the old GFWL system on PC. I always liked it. :)

To date, there isn't even one single LIVE enabled Retail game for Windows 8. Everything is only "Indie/phone games".

We can hope that third parties will support LIVE in Windows 10, but will only happen if MS nags them.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 March 15 at 13:06
    I just recently switched to a Windows Phone... Always enjoyed Bejeweled without achievements so I'll try them with now smile
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,453,540
    Posted on 06 March 15 at 16:59
    range is good said:CanadianWhizKid said:If they simply had more games for these platforms, they wouldn't have to discount the same ones as often as they do. Or more new games anyways.That's not even it. There are like 200 Xbox games on WP. There are plenty of titles, especially older ones, that have not been discounted for years, if ever.

Harbor Master, Parachute Panic, Zombies (on the phone), Revolution, Hexic Rush, Lode Runner Classic, Gerbil Physics, Fusion Sentiment, Lunar Lander, and the like. I don't recall them being on sale any time in the past two years, and they're all decent mobile games that still work on WP8.1, so instead of putting the same 8 titles on sale every other month, why not rotate in some of those great older ones? It should be pretty easy since those are all Microsoft Studios' games.
    Yeah, quite a few WP games I'd love to see on sale. Some were on sale ages ago, before I had my phone.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339513,100
    Posted on 07 March 15 at 22:19
    Gotta love those repetitive sales
  • Posted on 09 March 15 at 10:14
    wiirule111 said:CanadianWhizKid said:If they simply had more games for these platforms, they wouldn't have to discount the same ones as often as they do. Or more new games anyways.Its sad that the little popular "Games for Windows Live" had better support than Windows 8.
    I still play on the old GFWL system on PC. I always liked it. :)

To date, there isn't even one single LIVE enabled Retail game for Windows 8. Everything is only "Indie/phone games".

We can hope that third parties will support LIVE in Windows 10, but will only happen if MS nags them.
    I don't think Windows 8 even supports LIVE enabled retail games, since there aren't any. I suppose a full retail game could be offered through the windows store, with the Win 8 banner and achievements, but so far, its all XBLA equivalent, or even worse, android phone ports. They didn't keep GFWL for Win 8 for a reason, although they have never told us that reason...
    Your financial solution
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.