Game Discussion: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Forum

easy achievements, but casued me a headache, couldnt finish.

AuthorMessage
MeonOne
Posted on 02 December 11 at 21:14
This game does deserve its place for an easy 1000G. Its more of a rental than a buy.

My experience playing: I got this through the mail from the Blockbuster online service, (not a bad service for online game rental, give is a try).
I started to play, everything went well. You can tell this game is much older and has basic controls. And to be honest this game gave me the biggest headache after completing the first chapter. I don't know why it did. So i gave the game a break and picked it back up a week later and I couldn't even make it through the second level. This game just manages to give me a headache every time I play. Now this is sitting in my recent games plays at only 2 achievements unlocked & not finished. And im a little ashamed I couldn't finished it. I will tho, eventually. cry
if you got weed you can come fly with me ;p
Msross
Msross
Posted on 02 December 11 at 22:53
its absolutely rubbish..
Solario32
Solario32
Posted on 03 December 11 at 16:44
Good luck...sounds like a painfully sucky game lol.
CamTheeGamer
CamTheeGamer
Posted on 03 December 11 at 16:54
The 100 souls achievement is a grind, I'm glad I don't have to do it again.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 04 December 11 at 07:11
Yeah, this game absolutely blows. And the 100 souls is definitely a pain in the ass. Though the rest of the game was kinda easy.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 04 December 11 at 22:00
Don't feel bad. I tried Left 4 Dead and was only able to play about 15 minutes of it before I got a splitting headache. Sent it back to Gamefly that next day.
Jakeythedude
Jakeythedude
Posted on 18 December 11 at 22:30
It's not a great game... I have to admit I had some fun at certain parts but that ended when I started the 100 souls grind.
Jake
MeonOne
Posted on 21 December 11 at 22:41
Rhyolitic said:
Don't feel bad. I tried Left 4 Dead and was only able to play about 15 minutes of it before I got a splitting headache. Sent it back to Gamefly that next day.
left 4 dead didnt give me a problem. but everyone has different affects to games. i guess just the way the game play was, in that 3rd person view to the far right. not a fan of some 3rd person games.

i didnt even get to experience the 100 souls grinding. but it sounds pretty bad haha.
if you got weed you can come fly with me ;p
oXI deviant IXo
Posted on 27 February 12 at 06:19
a friend of mine had played and finished this game, & said it was an easy 1000. i played the first 2 chapters on my 'am i going to like this game?' profile. while most of the achievements are fairly easy, i'm gonna hafta say that this is probably the 2nd worst xbox game i've seen so far. i'm thru the game once, & replaying levels now for the cheeves. at my halfway mark for achievements, i'm hating life for having put this one on my profile, & i'm NOT looking forward to grinding 100 souls. :(
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 01 June 12 at 13:00
100 souls wasn't a grind for me at all. I finished the story and had 60 without actually grinding it. I knew I didn't do any for Chapter 1 (no skulls on first playthrough) and 3 (was saving skulls for chest). So I redid these chapters and did up to 98/100. Then I just replayed Port Royal and did 16 (had 14 from first play), and achievement unlocked.

That said, this is definitely one of the worst game I've played.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 07 June 12 at 22:33
Poor game, but easy fast 1000g
xXjdooksXx2
xXjdooksXx2
Posted on 20 April 14 at 17:54
I didn't find it too bad, followed the TA walkthrough, and got it done fairly quickly other than the 100 souls. Not the best of games I've played obviously, but not the worst either.
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 14 November 14 at 03:54
I have played a lot of shitty games for achievements and this is definitely one of the worst ever. Like everyone is saying it is fairly easy but one major headache. You can do it in a day. The proof that this game is total utter @$$hole is that it is "easy" and only takes a day but has nearly a 1.5 ratio. People rent/buy it for the achievements and find out how shitty it is and can not even do it.
-Fox
PhatDaemien
PhatDaemien
Posted on 26 March 15 at 23:27
I have been forcing myself through this one. Wow does it blow. It's not that it is hard, and it is somewhat entertaining, but every time there is a big "fight" I look at the clock wondering how much more of my life it is going to take! That being said, got to give kudos to those folks that actually did a walkthrough for it. There is no way I would ever want to deal with this game long enough to do that!
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 25 August 16 at 12:45
I'm playing this in 2016 and I really think it's ok haha! I mean I hated it in 2009 and barely scratched the surface. Now I'm into achievements and mopping it up so maybe my brain has tricked me into thinking it is ok because it is easy achievements.

But for it's age I think it looks ok. However, the combat is awful and so lazy; but again; doable. A shadow of mordor combat system on it would have been great.

I'm not looking forward to farming the 100 souls as I've barely got any on my playthrough. Will just have to pray I have the patience at the end.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 18 September 16 at 13:57, Edited on 18 September 16 at 14:01 by QuickMythril
ok i can't kill the "boss" enemies that require the special finishing move. please someone help. supposedly i have to press LT, then one of the "available buttons that appear on screen". i guess this refers to whichever special moves you have unlocked. the first boss only occasionally displays a LT, but then nothing. plus i have a constant supply of two other regular enemies at once attacking me the whole time, and only a couple health pickups. i have no idea how to kill him, and it's pretty much making this game unplayable...

EDIT: got it finally. the walkthrough said to press the AXA combo to kill everyone but i guess that only knocks the boss down, preventing the finisher. reading again it says to spam A, which just clangs your sword against his a bunch (totally counter-intuitive), then you get the LT and a Y will pop up to kill him...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.