Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Activision Starts an XBL Sale

  • ezhnoezhno478,745
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 03:12
    Jaggexedge said:
    War for Cybertron is a really good game, and for $10 it's definitely recommended. The only problem you might have is with the multiplayer as it wasn't too lively last time I checked (Though you do get 4x XP). Also, if you don't own the DLC you'll have to veto certain maps just so you don't get booted (As there are no separate lobbies for DLC owners).
    Pretty sure it's 5x and I'm pretty sure this also applies to Fall of Cybertron by now. Though, yes, it is difficult to get eight people for the leveling achievements (which are sleep inducingly easy to do). If you do have enough people you can just launch from the lobby into any map you want so it really isn't much of a concern (but the packs are so cheap right now anyway).

    The only matter of concern in the game, provided you can find people, is doing Wave 15 on Escalation. It is much more difficult than on Fall of Cybertron and I had a lot of issues finding people that were both halfway decent and able to follow a plan (in the end we just camped on the bridge).

    Fun game, terrible to find people for.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 03:21
    Got to love how Deadpool has been 39.99 since release day at Gamestop in the U.S xD
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 04:20
    Itzz Sh0wt1m3 said:
    grex9101 said:
    pezza888 said:
    Some good stuff here
    You are 3GS away from THE perfect gamerscore!

    OT: meh, the arcade games are old, and the Games on Demand are too expensive.

    Still, something for those who want to get some stuff they've missed.
    Uhm you mean Trueachievement score don't you?

    Would be nice if Activision puts up a CoD DLC sale next time.
    Activision putting a sale on CoD content? That's a joke right? why would they do that when people are clearly willing to pay ridiculous amounts for the content as is.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude717,406
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 04:33
    I'll pick up both the Golf games and Arkadian Warriors.
  • Brooklyn GinBrooklyn Gin439,760
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 04:41
    I just picked up spider man 3, hard to find a second had copy, and wasnt going to pay a lot for it. I'll take $15 and try to mop up the collectibles.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 05:00
    Wow Crash of the Titans is on sale, it seemed impossible to even find a copy of this game in the UK I will definitely be thinking about that and Deadpool. It's a shame I've finished Mind Over Mutant already or this would be a double win for me.
    Is shooting bullets not cool enough for you? Buy a Maliwan and light some people on fire!
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 05:54
    WTF! Why is Deadpool clearly more expensive in Europe than everywhere else? At least in other cases they use the infamous "$9.99 = 9.99€" but this time is completely different, not only the number is not equal but it's higher in Europe than America, taking into consideration 1€ ~ $1.35.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 06:50
    pezza888 said:
    Some good stuff here
    Provided you are from God's country, the one and only, U S of A. Hallelujah, praaaaaaaiiiise JEEESUS, AAAAMEN BROTHA SISTAH!

    Seriously though, I love how every other infidel country gets a raw deal, but if a game in the U.S.A costed $60.05 you'd never hear the f'ing end of it.

    Also, why is NASCAR US only? There's stupid people in other countries too you know dance
  • ezhnoezhno478,745
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 07:11
    MaRcUsChEiF117 said:
    pezza888 said:
    Some good stuff here
    Provided you are from God's country, the one and only, U S of A. Hallelujah, praaaaaaaiiiise JEEESUS, AAAAMEN BROTHA SISTAH!

    Seriously though, I love how every other infidel country gets a raw deal, but if a game in the U.S.A costed $60.05 you'd never hear the f'ing end of it.

    Also, why is NASCAR US only? There's stupid people in other countries too you know dance
    Then stop being an infidel country and accept McDonalds into your heart.
  • dwdtadwdta1,076,796
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 07:12
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    The Walking Dead (Episode One) 400MSP FREE (I don't know for how long)
    very old.. it free months ago
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 07:49
    • Golf: Tee It Up! - 50% discount
    Purchased!
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • matdanmatdan796,052
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 08:10
    MangaPowerZero said:
    WTF! Why is Deadpool clearly more expensive in Europe than everywhere else? At least in other cases they use the infamous "$9.99 = 9.99€" but this time is completely different, not only the number is not equal but it's higher in Europe than America, taking into consideration 1€ ~ $1.35.
    Nothing is more expensive then AU prices.

    So Spiderman Friend or Foe is the only decently priced AU game is this worth the price?
  • Vr EnglishVr English756,896
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 08:33
    You can get most of this cheaper on Amazon, I just checked.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,307
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 08:55
    The only game I want is Spiderman Friend or Foe - but it is not available to download in UK?

    WTF?

    The disc version is rare for some reason - I can't get it for less than £20.00 here.

    Might have to make an AUS account then...
  • MortyDiceMortyDice165,522
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 09:50
    Deadpool: 48 €!

    Wow, that's quite a shame considering the other countries' prices.
    GSSP gardener. [00:58:28] Badly Worn Toy: zigs keeps me up all night
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 10:06
    I recommend Assault Heroes for some great Split Screen action.
    "Revenge is a dish best served on a bed of rice."
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 11:52
    Got TH:HD. I was literally dreaming about it earlier. :lol:
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 12:50
    Nothing interesting. shock
    IMO, alot of people will be buying the PS4 rather than the Xbox One. I know I will.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 14:30
    Snowed said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Quite a lot of stuff. Sadly nothing I need. Would really like to See Bioware do one, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect DLC would get an awful lot of money from me.
    I had DA2 disc, new, in my hands for $3 and couldn't pull the trigger laugh

    Would definitely buy ME3 DLC, though I'm a little irritated it still has the online pass. I'll buy it if I have to but I made a new account and would really like to be able to get 100% on it for free as EA already promised!
    The Mass Effect 3 season pass is tied to your BWSN login info not you GT I have completed ME3 on four GT and played loads of multiplayer on all of them soon I will be doing it on this GT just need to go buy a cheap gold card first lol.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 14:58
    Kruziik Mid Kro said:
    Snowed said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Quite a lot of stuff. Sadly nothing I need. Would really like to See Bioware do one, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect DLC would get an awful lot of money from me.
    I had DA2 disc, new, in my hands for $3 and couldn't pull the trigger laugh

    Would definitely buy ME3 DLC, though I'm a little irritated it still has the online pass. I'll buy it if I have to but I made a new account and would really like to be able to get 100% on it for free as EA already promised!
    The Mass Effect 3 season pass is tied to your BWSN login info not you GT I have completed ME3 on four GT and played loads of multiplayer on all of them soon I will be doing it on this GT just need to go buy a cheap gold card first lol.
    Season Pass for ME3? What?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.