Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Activision Starts an XBL Sale

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 October 13 at 15:09
    I took Spider-man Shattered Dimensions. Already have Golf: Tee It Up but I can't do the win against ten people achievement on my own so if there's more people with this problem...
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 15:16
    I kinda wanna buy crash, I really miss those games. But that's way to pricey for a game that's been around for so long.
    Heroes never die
  • SpinkyMinkySpinkyMinky420,018
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 15:49
    Is X-Men Destiny fun at all, or a bit of a grind? I always quite fancied making my own mutant, but reviews that were mostly 'meh' put me off.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon469,135
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 17:05
    Grabbing Gin Rummy and Golf: Tee it Up. Anyone want to boost these?
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 October 13 at 18:07
    Daeryoon said:
    Grabbing Gin Rummy and Golf: Tee it Up. Anyone want to boost these?
    You can add me for Golf
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • BSquad56BSquad56195,505
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 18:10
    Tony Hawk is a great value! No offline split-screen for some dumb reason but worth another play!
    ~Ruffus~
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie716,012
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 18:34
    DrCanadianNinja said:
    Any recommendations for Prototype? Looks interesting, I'll have to see if there's a demo if nothing else.
    Great game, I feel it's very underrated. The initial playthrough is fun, and on the harder difficulty it's a real challenge.

The collectibles are a bit of a pain, but not too bad; the real pain comes in getting Platinum medals in all of the challenges. I found that to be a very fun process, but it takes a while. A lot of people didn't care for it, to say the least.

There aren't a lot of games I would stack up against Prototype at that price. If you're a completionist, you might be wary of the harder achievements. Otherwise, jump on it.
  • James12183James12183554,668
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 20:22
    The game X-men Destiny is a great game. I thought however that they were not supposed to sell that game anymore? or is that only for the disc version?
    James12183
  • James12183James12183554,668
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 20:25
    SpinkyMinky said:
    Is X-Men Destiny fun at all, or a bit of a grind? I always quite fancied making my own mutant, but reviews that were mostly 'meh' put me off.
    One piece of advice for you. NEVER trust bad reviews because they are the opinion of only a select bunch of people. It does not mean a game is bad just because some people dislike it. The game in my honest opinion is good. Also Steven Jay Blum is in it so that is a plus, lol.
    James12183
  • RoboShatnerRoboShatner198,890
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 20:32
    £9.99 = €12.
    $9.99 = €7.4

Stop ripping us off MS you wankers!
  • CM TranceCM Trance207,928
    Posted on 02 October 13 at 21:30, Edited on 02 October 13 at 21:31 by CM Trance
    James12183 said:
    SpinkyMinky said:
    One piece of advice for you. NEVER trust bad reviews because they are the opinion of only a select bunch of people. It does not mean a game is bad just because some people dislike it. The game in my honest opinion is good. Also Steven Jay Blum is in it so that is a plus, lol.
    IMO, it was not fun at all. The ways you can create your own mutant are extremely limited. You have only 4 characters, that aren't very interesting to begin with and you just decide what kind of powers you wanna use. You decide if you're more the energy type of the physical type. That's it. Not al lot of customization. So if you wanna be kinda like your favorite mutant, you're out of luck.

But try it, and you'll see...
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 22:16, Edited on 02 October 13 at 22:17 by GammyGreenGiant
    THPS HD Revert Pack for me.... been waiting for it to go on sale smile Wish it had cheevo's though cry
    I'm on TrueTrophies too! PSN- maiden-of-haste
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 22:55
    PuckJunkie said:
    DrCanadianNinja said:
    Any recommendations for Prototype? Looks interesting, I'll have to see if there's a demo if nothing else.
    Great game, I feel it's very underrated. The initial playthrough is fun, and on the harder difficulty it's a real challenge.

The collectibles are a bit of a pain, but not too bad; the real pain comes in getting Platinum medals in all of the challenges. I found that to be a very fun process, but it takes a while. A lot of people didn't care for it, to say the least.

There aren't a lot of games I would stack up against Prototype at that price. If you're a completionist, you might be wary of the harder achievements. Otherwise, jump on it.
    I thought Prototype sucked ass. Like, real big smelly and sweaty ass. You're better off playing Crackdown or Infamous if you have a PS3.

God Alex Mercer is the biggest pussy ever. Worst character in a game ever.
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 23:31
    • Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - 50% discount - Now US$19.99 / £7.49 / €9.99 / AU$14.97
    • Crash Of The Titans - 50% discount - Now US$9.99 / £9.99 / €14.99 / AU$14.97

Is there any logic here, for the UK pricing. I need a copy of Crash of the titans, but what on earth is going on. Cheapest new on Amazon is £14 used, so its still cheaper... how is it more expensive than Mind Over Mutant and when is £9.99 = $9.99 cry
    Do you still have Xbox Live friends who aren't on TrueAchievements yet? Why? Spread the word!
  • Posted on 02 October 13 at 23:38
    Does anyone recommend Arkadian Warriors?
    Lord Namlig
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead607,629
    Posted on 03 October 13 at 00:33, Edited on 03 October 13 at 00:34 by HolyHalfDead
    SurivivirusX said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    The Walking Dead (Episode One) 400MSP FREE (I don't know for how long)
    very old.. it free months ago
    I suggest you check your facts before commenting. It was $4.99 up until 1st October 2013. Whilst it has been free for a few days at a time in the past, doesn't mean those who missed back then it wouldn't want to pick it up now.

Free 2012-12-24 - 2013-01-01
    Free 2013-03-26 - 2013-04-02
    Free to Gold 2013-06-04 - 2013-06-10

http://xbldb.com/offers/005-210
  • TranszenderTranszender241,902
    Posted on 03 October 13 at 00:51
    Arkadian Warriors, tried demo, graphics are awful, and gameplay is to play the same doungeon 19times so Dont touch this s***
  • LoofahdogLoofahdog197,791
    Posted on 03 October 13 at 03:07
    RoboShatner said:
    £9.99 = €12.
    $9.99 = €7.4

Stop ripping us off MS you wankers!
    Thank you, at least someone is thinking it.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,188,907
    Posted on 03 October 13 at 07:08
    Lord Namlig said:
    Does anyone recommend Arkadian Warriors?
    There are worse games out there, but it's incredibly repetitive. I wouldn't recommend it.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,311,259
    Posted on 03 October 13 at 13:39, Edited on 03 October 13 at 13:52 by Sashamorning
    Transformers: WFC is a great deal. MP might be dead (still need to boost that myself), but the game is fantastic.

SurivivirusX said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    The Walking Dead (Episode One) 400MSP FREE (I don't know for how long)
    very old.. it free months ago
    Old or not, if there's someone who doesn't already have it... what the hell is wrong with you???

It's free again. Pick it up!

James12183 said:
    The game X-men Destiny is a great game. I thought however that they were not supposed to sell that game anymore? or is that only for the disc version?
    That's what I thought. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-09-silicon-knights...

SK was ordered to "repurchase and destroy all copies," but digital downloads aren't physical copies that can be destroyed. Also, Silicon Knights had to destroy the code, but Activision already had the copies for distribution. Activision was not required to destroy their own digital code for distribution. The ruling only dealt with Silicon Knights.

Looking at the ruling (http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/north-c...), it states that Silicon Knights shall cease producing the games (p. 41, section 6). It doesn't mention Activision as the publisher. Therefore Activision can likely still distribute, but the royalties go to Epic.

The major part of the ruling was to force Silicon Knights to destroy the code and repurchase, essentially destroying SK in the process. Activision was ostensibly an innocent party, and estopping them from distributing would have harmed them unjustly.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.