Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Doritos Crash Course 2 glitched achievement

AuthorMessage
PSYCHO Lagger
PSYCHO Lagger
Posted on 11 May 13 at 15:06
Hi if anyone could help me my achievement glitched so i can not get the full 400gs on it now i contacted xboxsupport and they could not do anything only say sorry. what i want to know did i contact the right people to help me?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 13 at 15:42, Edited on 11 May 13 at 16:20 by
Hello PSYCHO Lagger,

From what i've seen/heard none of the achievements are glitchy but it's always good to let the Game Info team know so they can investigate the issue further.

Submit the achievement flag here: Doritos Crash Course 2: Achievement Flag Submission, Find the glitchy achievement and submit the flag by ticking the box and clicking "Submit" they will mark it as "Buggy" if it turns out to have issues.
Written in the stars.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 11 May 13 at 16:07
Other people has had problems, but I don't think it's down to one single achievement, it's server issues affecting the unlocking if people are unlucky enough.
Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 13 at 16:30
Then it does need reporting to the Game Info team.
Written in the stars.
AKfoy0face
AKfoy0face
Posted on 11 May 13 at 16:50
contacting xbox live support for a gamerscore issue is soo silly.. you should have more common sense than that
Smeds
Smeds
Posted on 11 May 13 at 17:13
AKfoy0face said:
contacting xbox live support for a gamerscore issue is soo silly.. you should have more common sense than that
As written on a gaming website focused on earning achievements and Gamerscore.
I'm entitled to my opinion.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 11 May 13 at 22:58
o Smeds o said:
AKfoy0face said:
As written on a gaming website focused on earning achievements and Gamerscore.
Well, AKfoy is actually right. Microsoft the company does seem to care about achievements. Microsoft's customer support is virtually worthless and usually puts no effort into fixing achievement and gamerscore problems.
iJoheidi
iJoheidi
Posted on 12 May 13 at 02:20
Somehow I just knew this game was going to have a glitched achievement. Personally, wait it out. It will get fixed soon. The game is too new for this to become a big worry for unobtainables. :)
~iJoheidi~ Zombie Slayer Fantastica
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 12 May 13 at 10:34
And it's microsofts own. As far as I know they take pride in their games, so they should fix it. Just the game launching with this issue surprises me.
Hampshire Vegan
Posted on 12 May 13 at 11:40
There are no glitched achievements in this game. Yes the servers were struggling on day one, but a free game on a platform with some 50 Million users... only to be expected.
@ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
PSYCHO Lagger
PSYCHO Lagger
Posted on 12 May 13 at 11:51
Well I just wanted to let them know about the issue so they might work on fixing it on a game update. I also heard some people having problems with some different achievement that they cannot unlock now such as Shiver Me Timbers, so I'm guess it could glitch on these 3 achievement's to Jungle Fever, Walk Like an Egyptian and Let it Snow.
PSYCHO Lagger
PSYCHO Lagger
Posted on 12 May 13 at 12:11, Edited on 12 May 13 at 22:14 by PSYCHO Lagger
There is glitched achievementei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
There are no glitched achievements in this game. Yes the servers were struggling on day one, but a free game on a platform with some 50 Million users... only to be expected.
There is glitched achievements if you can not unlock them that means there glitched to me. I also know the server caused the glitched achievement i only need 1 achievement and thats Road Less Traveled and i got every other achievement like Silver Star Medal
Get all the track stars and at least silver on all courses marked with the trophy icon there is no way of getting all the stars without unlocking all the split paths.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 12 May 13 at 14:37
ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
There are no glitched achievements in this game Yes the servers were struggling on day one, but a free game on a platform with some 50 Million users... only to be expected.
Numerous people have had problems with achievements not unlocking. Just because you didn't doesn't mean there isn't a glitches achievement.
MoldyClay87
MoldyClay87
Posted on 13 May 13 at 04:08
Technically, none of the achievements are glitched. That's not the problem. They unlock fine under normal conditions.

The problem is the server. If the server crashes when you're supposed to unlock an achievement, it will break it, since it will save, but not pop the achievement since it thinks you have it already.

The argument over it being a glitched achievement is just semantics because the achievements themselves are set to unlock properly, so they technically aren't glitched. But yes, the server issues can cause you to be unable to complete the achievements.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 13 May 13 at 11:04
ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
Precisely! I plan on waiting a little bit like I did with the original and let people go first and start in a few months or so.
'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
Hampshire Vegan
Posted on 13 May 13 at 16:38
To clarify:
There is a chance that some players may have had their save/achievement screwed with during the server troubles on day 1. However nothing that can't be fixed by deleting your save/game, clearing your cache and/or re-installing to start over. On player on my friends list played multiplayer on day 1 and didn't get the achievement for doing so. Completed the rest of the game, deleted reinstalled and then picked up this achievement.
None of the achievements are glitched/unobtainable in this game. Some may be buggy due to server related issues, but that's not the same thing.
@ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 13 May 13 at 16:56
Exactly my point in my first post in here.
PSYCHO Lagger
PSYCHO Lagger
Posted on 13 May 13 at 17:07
ei8hty 88 ei8ht said:
To clarify:
There is a chance that some players may have had their save/achievement screwed with during the server troubles on day 1. However nothing that can't be fixed by deleting your save/game, clearing your cache and/or re-installing to start over. On player on my friends list played multiplayer on day 1 and didn't get the achievement for doing so. Completed the rest of the game, deleted reinstalled and then picked up this achievement.
None of the achievements are glitched/unobtainable in this game. Some may be buggy due to server related issues, but that's not the same thing.
Your wrong i tried deleting the saved game and clearing the cache and the game its self nothing worked because the game is saved to the gamertag not the hard drive so they are glitched and unobtainable because of the server. you try deleting your save and everything it won't work then you will understand what i mean.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 May 13 at 17:17, Edited on 13 May 13 at 17:20 by
Hello,

Might i suggest clearing your system cache and re-applying the update?

- System settings > Storage Device > Press Y > Clear system cache? > Yes.

Doing this will delete the previous update and hopefully fix any glitches, start up your game let it update, this may work.

Good luck.
Written in the stars.
PSYCHO Lagger
PSYCHO Lagger
Posted on 13 May 13 at 18:36
I tried that it didn't work, i even redownloaded my gamertag to see if that would work but no luck.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.