Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

LEGO Batman 3 Character Reveals

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,968
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 04:39Permalink
    TV's "Arrow" joins a famous film director and comic fan in the blockiverse

Please click here to read the story: LEGO Batman 3 Character Reveals
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 04:57Permalink
    I dig the Arrow skin. As a fan of the show, it's nice to see him included.

They should've just called this "LEGO: the Justice League."
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 08:33Permalink
    Kevin Smith! That's pretty awesome, I have to admit.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 11:33Permalink
    thunderkiss92 said:I dig the Arrow skin. As a fan of the show, it's nice to see him included.

I doubt it would've sold as well on name recognition. I'm a pretty casual comics fan, and even then may be stretching it slightly, and last year, the most I could tell you was that the Justice League was a thing. No idea who was in it apart from Batman and Superman. Lego Justice League? Maybe, maybe not. Lego Batman? Sold.
    ABOYNE - vb: To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 12:09Permalink
    Bluntman skin please
  • ChardPTChardPT213,291
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 12:40Permalink
    thunderkiss92 said:I dig the Arrow skin. As a fan of the show, it's nice to see him included.

Pretty sure that Lego Batman 2 could have taken that title. This one is Lego Everyone we could possibly think of. Seriously, I love the LEGO games but I was pretty satisfied with LEGO Batman 2's roster. Aside from adding Green Arrow, which is a no brainer, there's not much they can do to meaningfully expand the roster. Adding normal people is a great novelty but who's going to play with them for more than 5 minutes. Now if they expanded some of the other heroes rogues gallery, that would be interesting.
  • ShadyShallShadyShall323,420
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 14:22Permalink
    i know there are a lot of kevin smith haters out there, but i fucking love that guy. i was at his 40th birthday bash. super psyched to see him in an appropriate game. very cool.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 15:41Permalink
    DrCanadianNinja said:thunderkiss92 said:I dig the Arrow skin. As a fan of the show, it's nice to see him included.

I doubt it would've sold as well on name recognition. I'm a pretty casual comics fan, and even then may be stretching it slightly, and last year, the most I could tell you was that the Justice League was a thing. No idea who was in it apart from Batman and Superman. Lego Justice League? Maybe, maybe not. Lego Batman? Sold.
    Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I've been a fan of the DC comics'/the Justice League for 14 years, so it's hard to imagine how some might not be in the same boat.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 16:00Permalink
    The Creative Director? Seriously? Are they just trying to make him the DC version of Stan Lee?
    Xbox Community Level 15 | XCA: Rank 12 | XEU: Rank 12 | ßeta: Rank 0 | Assassin's Creed Initiates Level 23 | @HyruleBalverine
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 16:02Permalink
    ChardPT said:thunderkiss92 said:I dig the Arrow skin. As a fan of the show, it's nice to see him included.

Pretty sure that Lego Batman 2 could have taken that title. This one is Lego Everyone we could possibly think of. Seriously, I love the LEGO games but I was pretty satisfied with LEGO Batman 2's roster. Aside from adding Green Arrow, which is a no brainer, there's not much they can do to meaningfully expand the roster. Adding normal people is a great novelty but who's going to play with them for more than 5 minutes. Now if they expanded some of the other heroes rogues gallery, that would be interesting.
    You're right, Lego Batman 2 had the same huge character roster thing going on.
  • Empty DEmpty D496,222
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 16:03Permalink
    Achievements:
    "I Read Batman Cacophony". Break Kevin Smith 20 times.
    "I Saw Chasing Amy". Break Kevin Smith 20 times with a female character.
    "His Legacy". Pull off Geoff Johns arms.
  • Zombi3 GrimZombi3 Grim357,668
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 16:46Permalink
    Kevin Smith!
  • QuickMythrilQuickMythril732,716
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 17:09Permalink
    kevin smith... while that is really cool, i'm surprised he was not in lego marvel instead. i seem to remember them talking about Marvel characters a lot more in his movies. (actually all i really remember was them discussing Hulk's privates, and also Superman having sex.) but he even had Stan Lee make at least one appearance. i guess he's probably a fan of both companies though. good for him.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 17:38Permalink
    QuickMythril said:kevin smith... while that is really cool, i'm surprised he was not in lego marvel instead. i seem to remember them talking about Marvel characters a lot more in his movies. (actually all i really remember was them discussing Hulk's privates, and also Superman having sex.) but he even had Stan Lee make at least one appearance. i guess he's probably a fan of both companies though. good for him.he writed to both companies, his Daredevil run is just brilliant, and his Green Arrow too
  • NeoStrayCatNeoStrayCat225,463
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 19:49Permalink
    Man, Kevin Smith reminds me of Hank Scorpio from The Simpsons, more or less alike, lol.
    The Alternate Truth is Yet to be Found!
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy569,498
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 20:05Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:The Creative Director? Seriously? Are they just trying to make him the DC version of Stan Lee?Adam West is this game's version of Stan Lee. He's the "Citizen in Peril" in every level and the hub. I heard that when you rescue all of him, the Batman 1966 level is available.
  • Hamfam9598Hamfam9598596,889
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 20:37Permalink
    Kevin Smith? Really? Sad.....
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 21:09Permalink
    Hamfam9598 said:Kevin Smith? Really? Sad.....No, not sad. It's deserving. This man's done more than most to bring comics back into the mainstream. It's good to see his work acknowledged.
  • Posted on 04 October 14 at 21:56Permalink
    bLaKgRaVy said:HyruleBalverine said:The Creative Director? Seriously? Are they just trying to make him the DC version of Stan Lee?Adam West is this game's version of Stan Lee. He's the "Citizen in Peril" in every level and the hub. I heard that when you rescue all of him, the Batman 1966 level is available.Sorry, I meant how Stan Lee is now the public face of Marvel and how he does cameo appearances all over the Marvel cinematic universe, cartoons, etc., which is why they put him in Lego Marvel.
    Xbox Community Level 15 | XCA: Rank 12 | XEU: Rank 12 | ßeta: Rank 0 | Assassin's Creed Initiates Level 23 | @HyruleBalverine
  • DSTEW DASDSTEW DAS252,400
    Posted on 04 October 14 at 23:26Permalink
    Psychobilly1987 said:QuickMythril said:kevin smith... while that is really cool, i'm surprised he was not in lego marvel instead. i seem to remember them talking about Marvel characters a lot more in his movies. (actually all i really remember was them discussing Hulk's privates, and also Superman having sex.) but he even had Stan Lee make at least one appearance. i guess he's probably a fan of both companies though. good for him.he writed to both companies, his Daredevil run is just brilliant, and his Green Arrow tooPlus he was in the Daredevil movie.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.