Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 03 October 13 at 19:52
Please use this thread to discuss the SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World walkthrough
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 05 October 13 at 13:21
Hello all!

I am the current owner & publisher who will be creating a Walkthrough for this game.

Some of my Walkthrough's will take a short period of time to complete, but others could take long, depending on the amount of achievements, and the game's size.

If you have any questions which you would like to ask me, feel free to post one on this page.

Thank you all and wish me luck!

Bulgy
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 12 November 13 at 23:31
Phew! What a journey this walkthrough has been. It's a package in which I had to talk about 3 games rather than just the one. Anyways...

The walkthrough is now finished and it is currently getting proof-read. It will be available shortly!

Thanks for being patient. Hope you all enjoy it!

Bulgy
TRACKEY
TRACKEY
Posted on 12 November 13 at 23:34
WOOOOO! Thanks for doing this Bulgy.
I can't wait to see it. compute
SHASHABOOEY!
Information Posted on 28 November 13 at 16:21
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: SEGA Vintage Collection: Monster World Walkthrough
JORAX
JORAX
Posted on 19 February 14 at 22:41
Overall very helpful. Found a few issues though:

The Chicken Boss comes after Life Drop 76, not before. Luckily I had save states from before the fight but was confused when following the guide.

Your walkthrough missed a Life Drop in the first Ice Pyramid. It was very obvious and above a door you had to go in, but you should leave this area with 95 drops, not 94. Also you then skip from 95 to 97 (no 96 on your list) in the next area.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 23 May 14 at 17:15
JORAX said:
Overall very helpful. Found a few issues though:

The Chicken Boss comes after Life Drop 76, not before. Luckily I had save states from before the fight but was confused when following the guide.

Your walkthrough missed a Life Drop in the first Ice Pyramid. It was very obvious and above a door you had to go in, but you should leave this area with 95 drops, not 94. Also you then skip from 95 to 97 (no 96 on your list) in the next area.
Sorry I haven't seen this posted in months, obviously I slack on giving walkthroughs updates. It seems this is one which needs to be updated in the future. I think I'll have to read through it all and check and see what my errors are. I apologize about this.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 05 June 14 at 07:23, Edited on 05 June 14 at 09:12 by LV 1 Blue Slime
In Wonder Boy in Monster Land you continually mention 4 million points (4,000,000) when it's actually just four hundred thousand (400,000). Not a big deal, just an extra zero.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 19 December 14 at 21:09
JORAX said:Overall very helpful. Found a few issues though:

LV 1 Blue Slime said:In Wonder Boy in Monster Land you continually mention 4 million points (4,000,000) when it's actually just four hundred thousand (400,000). Not a big deal, just an extra zero.I have been proof-reading my first 20 walkthroughs I have done for the site, and I have just finished this one as my latest. I have corrected these issues so when the update has been placed in, these issues will be corrected. The update doesn't take long to apply.
Krows Graveyard
Posted on 05 January 15 at 04:14
Hope the video walkthrough helps.
I make Non-Commentary Walkthroughs on youtube, Youtube.com/ScarecrowScythe.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 05 January 15 at 17:47
Krows Graveyard said:Hope the video walkthrough helps.It will do bud. It gives the players the choice as to whether they want to use the video guide or a written guide. Many thanks for your hard work with this game smile
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 14 April 17 at 23:56
I've noticed this walkthrough had a past update. This walkthrough already has InfoMessages as well, so I have decided not to revise and re-edit features within it. Should anyone find any information that needs editing, I'll be happy to look into it if the circumstances need looking into.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 20 June 17 at 02:28, Edited on 21 June 17 at 06:31 by ClownTastic
In the second gam, I think it's Wonder Boy in Monster World you need to go into a house and have a woman tell you about the Ocarina for it to appear in the cave. If you go without speaking to her first the Ocarina won't be there.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 24 June 17 at 14:08
Monster World IV is missing a video for Sky Castle Part 1. In the walk-through the videos go from Wind Gate to Sky Castle Part 2.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 26 June 17 at 18:49
ClownTastic said:
In the second gam, I think it's Wonder Boy in Monster World you need to go into a house and have a woman tell you about the Ocarina for it to appear in the cave. If you go without speaking to her first the Ocarina won't be there.
ClownTastic said:
Monster World IV is missing a video for Sky Castle Part 1. In the walk-through the videos go from Wind Gate to Sky Castle Part 2.
I'll take a look at it then and see if I can get these adjusted. Let me know if you find anymore errors that need looking into for me to improve.
ljwaves
ljwaves
Posted on 20 September 18 at 13:44
Just wanted to say Thanks for the walkthru.

Cheers.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 23 September 18 at 21:30
ljwaves said:
Just wanted to say Thanks for the walkthru.

Cheers.
No problem.

Please can anyone let me know if there's any adjustments that are needed in the walkthrough as since it's a GWG, I want to ensure every customer is satisfied with my work, to help them complete the game.
UltimateUSpeed
Posted on 03 December 18 at 10:44, Edited on 04 December 18 at 13:16 by UltimateUSpeed
Hi,
To add in questions list of the Sphynx (Wonder Boy in Monster World) :
> What is the name of the dwarf village : Lilypad
> What key is needed to enter the pyramid : Sun key
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.