Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

ID@Xbox Meets Windows 10

• KoicommanderKoicommander1,147,759
    Posted on 08 March 15 at 23:35
    Cant wait! clap
    Tell that to the covenant.
  • EurydaceEurydace652,806
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 01:10
    Divinity for sure. I've heard nothing but wonderful things.
  • ToamikelToamikel946,881
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 02:19
    So many RPGs. So excited! Really hope that at least some games will have separate achievement lists.
  • Posted on 09 March 15 at 03:18
    I've been waiting for cuphead since E3 to the point I messaged the creators about it not coming out in 2014 lol
    Kelloggs Krew
  • Posted on 09 March 15 at 03:47
    So the games coming to W10 are not coming to Xbox One?
  • coipcoip305,835
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 04:15
    punkyliar said: OXM confirmed that Xbox One and Windows 10 cross-play titles will share an achievement list. Nothing has been said about the titles that won't be cross-play.What does that mean to "share an achievement list"? Does that mean it's like it is right now with Project Spark, where I can open the game on Windows 8.1 and earn an achievement, and then I open the game on Xbox One and the achievement automatically pops, earning me twice the Gamerscore for no extra work?

Anyway, I really hope they can convince many publishers to go all-in with the cross-buy and cross-play. I absolutely love how I can boot up Project Spark on Windows 8.1 and then continue where I left off on Xbox One, back and forth, seamlessly. Same goes for universal Xbox games on Windows Phone and Windows 8: I love the cloud-sync, pick-up-where-you-left-off feature. They need to go all in on this feature: it's their killer feature. Universal store and cloud sync is huge.
  • GAM3RJETGAM3RJET244,582
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 06:06
    The launch support so far looks promising, hopefully it can be maintained throughout the life span of windows 10. I also hope our Windows 8/8.1 games continue to function under Windows 10.
  • elKazaamelKazaam159,934
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 07:11
    Mr Corda said:This war of mine looks Good!So am I thinking.
  • xstevezxstevez456,941
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 07:37
    This War of Mine- yes, thanks WTF? Is...
  • punkyliarpunkyliar289,607
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 10:40
    range is good said:punkyliar said: OXM confirmed that Xbox One and Windows 10 cross-play titles will share an achievement list. Nothing has been said about the titles that won't be cross-play.What does that mean to "share an achievement list"? Does that mean it's like it is right now with Project Spark, where I can open the game on Windows 8.1 and earn an achievement, and then I open the game on Xbox One and the achievement automatically pops, earning me twice the Gamerscore for no extra work?

Anyway, I really hope they can convince many publishers to go all-in with the cross-buy and cross-play. I absolutely love how I can boot up Project Spark on Windows 8.1 and then continue where I left off on Xbox One, back and forth, seamlessly. Same goes for universal Xbox games on Windows Phone and Windows 8: I love the cloud-sync, pick-up-where-you-left-off feature. They need to go all in on this feature: it's their killer feature. Universal store and cloud sync is huge.
    Project Spark isn't a shared achievement list. Each version has its own achievement list, but a cross-save function allows players to use their save to unlock the achievements automatically in each version.

A shared achievement list is like Shadowrun or Universe at War: Earth Assault -- there is just one achievement list that is shared by two platforms. If you complete the game on Xbox One, you will have unlocked all of the available achievements. If you complete the game on Windows 10, you will have unlocked all of the available achievements. Playing the game again on the opposite platform will not get you any more achievements.
  • matdanmatdan862,972
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 13:45
    3) Divinity: Original Sin (Win 10)

Was just posting the need to see this and now it has shown up I am sold.

Hopefully this means PC gaming can make a return for Microsoft don't think much of Steam atm with all the greenlight garbage filling the store.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82554,357
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 14:34, Edited on 09 March 15 at 14:34 by Tanelorn82
    I wonder how TA will handle the platform field of these games which share an achievement list on Xbox One and Win 10.

Edit: Yeah forget that, it's already a list as seen in Shadowrun
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,456
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 14:34
    Tanelorn82 said:I wonder how TA will handle the platform field of these games which share an achievement list on Xbox One and Win 10.Same way TT now handles them, let you choose your primary device
  • Apocalypse KaneApocalypse Kane2,034,641
    Posted on 09 March 15 at 22:04
    Eurydace said:Divinity for sure. I've heard nothing but wonderful things.Yep, me too, it seems fantastic!
    Always do your best with honor and courage without compromise.
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid648,026
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 02:47
    Divinity and D&D? I am all for this lol... I think I will need to go get a PC soon... my Surface Pro 2 is probably not gonna cut it lol... Even streaming from my Xbox 1 to my PC running WIn 10 would be smoother too.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,746,384
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 03:11
    Stack stack stack.... mmmm.
    Also that last one looks fun but all of this makes me wonder bc I refuse to pay a subscription for Win10.
    Goal: 500,000gs with 500 total games, 100% including all DLC. Deadline: 1-1-16.
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid648,026
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 03:41
    LifeExpectancy said:Stack stack stack.... mmmm.
    Also that last one looks fun but all of this makes me wonder bc I refuse to pay a subscription for Win10.
    Subscription? What are you talking about? Don't scare me like that lol...
  • SpilnerSpilner1,149,456
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 03:44
    If you mean a gold sub it'll be free like its always been for PCs.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 07:15
    Spilner said:If you mean a gold sub it'll be free like its always been for PCs.To further add to this, Windows 10 will be a one-time upgrade that you keep forever, not something you pay a yearly subscription for. I know the initial language of "free upgrade for the first year" confused some people, but that was just concerning the time period to upgrade for free, not a subscription model.
  • Vr EnglishVr English838,112
    Posted on 10 March 15 at 09:20
    This all looks fantastic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads