Game Discussion: Wordament (Android)

YOU CAN STILL GET THIS WITHOUT AN ANDROID PHONE

• BudgieK88BudgieK88394,290
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 17:30Permalink
    My games keep crashing before the end, the timer just stops and I can still score points but the round never finishes?

Can anyone help please as I really don't want this stuck on my card as incomplete, it's also not unlocking the 10/100 rounds achievements either!
    You'll Never Walk Alone.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 06:43Permalink
    Got the same problem as BudgieK88. At first it worked fine, but now i can't finish any games.

It''s either what he says or, when I get to see the results screen, it counts down from ten minutes just to start over.
  • BudgieK88BudgieK88394,290
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 06:48Permalink
    I've found that just to keep it working for 2-3 games at a time I have to factory reset the emulator from the settings and then go back to the marketplace and redownload wordament.

Wish I never started this now, really not worth the effort.
    You'll Never Walk Alone.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 07:18Permalink
    Factory reset worked, for ONE game.

Not Budgie's fault, though.

I am wondering, is the problem coming from the game/google play, from the emulator, or a combination of both?!
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf428,071
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 14:57Permalink
    I was able to get all achievements using this method and using windows 8 with a mouse.

I did have to reboot a few times because you get stuck in menus, such as the frenamee list, but it reboots in like 3 seconds.
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:10, Edited on 08 October 13 at 20:39 by young tugboatzPermalink
    Hi

Where inside the official emulator can I get access to the store? Im struggling to owkr my way round the official download!
    DiRT, Grid and Forza fan.
  • lucas1987lucas19872,396,551
    Posted on 10 November 13 at 07:24Permalink
    1. First off, go here and download: http://youwave.com/
    2. Click the Download button beneath the picture of him surfing, then you want to download the Home 3.8 version
    3. After you actually get the emulator Dl'd launch it
    4. Mine had an the emulator on the right and an extra screen to the left that had sudoku and target... above that are three tabs, file, view, and help.
    5. Click 'View'
    6. Click 'Online Content'
    7. It should say App Stores, with Google Play in the middle of 3 choices. Click that and download it. This will show up on your main screen next to the Sudoku and Target
    8. Double click 'Google Play', once in click the magnifying glass in the top right and type wordament. Download it
    9. After it downloads, you can launch it from there i believe, or back on the emulator screen, 'Wordament' was showing on my home screen.

Hope this helps!
  • Posted on 10 November 13 at 13:19Permalink
    Lucas, you the boss! Cheers for the help!
    DiRT, Grid and Forza fan.
  • Matt DB87Matt DB871,808,686
    Posted on 10 November 13 at 22:08Permalink
    thanks! finally worked!
  • Posted on 11 November 13 at 00:46Permalink
    worked like a charm! thanks lucas
  • Larvi1Larvi11,399,999
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 05:55, Edited on 18 December 13 at 19:38 by Larvi1Permalink
    Any one else having a problem connecting with their live account? I downloaded this on my wife's phone and when I give it my live id/pw to sign in with I keep getting an error saying it can't connect to live.

Edit - couldn't ever get it to connect from the phone so I downloaded YouWave and that was able to connect. But I had an issue where when I rotated the view to portrait to play Wordament the mouse actions didn't rotate accordingly, so I had to play landscape with my head tilted to the side :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 14 at 04:59Permalink
    Emulator popped three achievements, but won't pop any more?
  • BrujeiraBrujeira214,095
    Posted on 04 March 14 at 22:55Permalink
    Right, finally got to finish this after having issues with both Youwave and the official emulator. I used Genymotion instead which was fast, smooth and reliable. Yes, you have to sign up for a free account to be able to use it but that's a small price to pay for getting this on your completed list.

NB. If you've still got Youwave installed then make sure you uninstall it before you install Genymotion - you get stuck with a registry issue if you don't.
  • JoonasJoonas240,550
    Posted on 28 January 15 at 00:50Permalink
    Brujeira said:Right, finally got to finish this after having issues with both Youwave and the official emulator. I used Genymotion instead which was fast, smooth and reliable. Yes, you have to sign up for a free account to be able to use it but that's a small price to pay for getting this on your completed list.

NB. If you've still got Youwave installed then make sure you uninstall it before you install Genymotion - you get stuck with a registry issue if you don't.
    Thanks a lot for telling about Genymotion. I was able to start playing Wordament Snap Attack with it since YouWave only supports Android 4.0.4 and WSA requires at least version 4.1.
  • Posted on 13 October 15 at 00:06Permalink
    Do you have to have the same email as your Xbox account for it to sync?
    Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 3,215 gamerscore as of right now!
  • SpilnerSpilner772,259
    Posted on 13 October 15 at 18:27Permalink
    speedygamers90 said:Do you have to have the same email as your Xbox account for it to sync?Well yes, you need to sign into your xbox/MS account to get the achievements for that account.
  • Posted on 13 October 15 at 20:42Permalink
    Spilner said:speedygamers90 said:Do you have to have the same email as your Xbox account for it to sync?Well yes, you need to sign into your xbox/MS account to get the achievements for that account.I was talking about your Google play account if they had to have the same email to it as your Microsoft account email.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,259
    Posted on 13 October 15 at 21:39Permalink
    If you ask a vague question you're likely to get the wrong answer. No since the two accounts are in no way linked
  • Posted on 14 October 15 at 00:09Permalink
    Spilner said:If you ask a vague question you're likely to get the wrong answer. No since the two accounts are in no way linkedI know, that's why it wasn't vague. It was "Do you have to have the same email as your Xbox account for it to sync?" I was meaning the android account. And thanks, just wanted to make sure in case I did it on my friends android.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,259
    Posted on 14 October 15 at 17:54Permalink
    'It' could mean the game since the android app store doesn't sync with xbox at all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.