Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Wordament Gets New Platform and Update

• JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,912
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 08:15Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    For those that want this and don't have an android phone, you can download the official android emulator here: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html, and then download wordament and play it on the PC with the official emulator. It is completely legal to do this. You do need a google play account though. If you have a youtube account, you can use that.

Alternately, you can use the 'Youwave Home' android emulator here: http://youwave.com/ . With it's free ten day trial, download the google play marketplace app, and then download wordament through the google play marketplace app, then play it.

I recommend the youwave emulator over the complicated official android SDK emulator.

Hope this helps!
    Hey; can you please walk us (or at least me) through how to use the developer's emulator on Windows 8? I'm not really sure what I'm doing and suspect that I'm not the only one.
    Yes, I've tried your Youwave option and while I am able to install the Market app, wordament does not show up in the marketplace. I then downloaded your first suggestion and I am confused on how to set it up. I've installed all packages and when I try to run the "Emulator" application nothing happens.
  • Posted on 07 October 13 at 08:23Permalink
    Will keep an eye out for this
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 October 13 at 10:55Permalink
    Yay, now I can finally pop while I plop without owning a gimped phone smile
    There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument/Hitch
  • Posted on 07 October 13 at 11:43Permalink
    This is cool news! Nice to know I can now earn achievements on my phone smile. I hope Android gets more achievement-based games!
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42601,398
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 12:09, Edited on 07 October 13 at 12:10 by MathGuy42Permalink
    Jake2355 said:
    HyruleBalverine said:
    Hey; can you please walk us (or at least me) through how to use the developer's emulator on Windows 8? I'm not really sure what I'm doing and suspect that I'm not the only one.
    Yes, I've tried your Youwave option and while I am able to install the Market app, wordament does not show up in the marketplace. I then downloaded your first suggestion and I am confused on how to set it up. I've installed all packages and when I try to run the "Emulator" application nothing happens.
    Please see my post on the previous page for an alternative to the official Android SDK emulator and Youwave. I've now made it clearer that the solution works on Mac, Windows, or Linux. Using VirtualBox with AndroVM is definitely simpler than the official emulator. I did not try Youwave, so I can't say if AndroVM is easier to set up.
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,532,327
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 13:22Permalink
    In terms of timestamps, does this version behave similar like the iOS version, where it doesn't register any?
    Rollus Tidus
  • Throni360Throni3601,293,699
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 13:23Permalink
    Mr Granstaff said:
    In terms of timestamps, does this version behave similar like the iOS version, where it doesn't register any?
    Yes.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,074,218
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 14:07Permalink
    This crashes on the Kindle Fire, just to let people know.
    200 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan952,183
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 14:15Permalink
    Mr Granstaff said:
    Tested it on a spare account, and yes, it doesn't (currently?) register any time stamps. redface
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,532,327
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 14:28Permalink
    VixyNyan said:
    Mr Granstaff said:
    Tested it on a spare account, and yes, it doesn't (currently?) register any time stamps. redface
    Lame. The Wi-Fi connection at work stinks anyway, so I doubt it would've registered any timestamps anyway while I'm on my break. Thanks for the response.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Posted on 07 October 13 at 17:43Permalink
    awesome! This game is great.
    ~Ruffus~
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77291,073
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 17:47Permalink
    Failedseppuku - were you using a stylus? Strange as it may seem... When I used a stylus, it crashed at the end of each game! When using fingers never crashed at all! It may be coincidence... ;)
  • DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,120,557
    Posted on 07 October 13 at 18:41Permalink
    That was easy
    Amino Et Fide
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 October 13 at 20:39Permalink
    Nice, I love Boggle! Downloaded it right away.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 04:43Permalink
    I see that and clicked the link. Perhaps I'm dim (I know that I know nothing about setting up VM's) but I don't know that I'm doing or how to set it up and / or how to access the google store.
    Xbox Community Level Level 10 | XCA: Rank 12 | XEU: Rank 12 | ß2013 @HyruleBalverine
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 06:36Permalink
    What's with all the people trying to use emulators? Why not just play the web version, or the Windows phone version, or the windows 8 version, or the iOS version? You're on the internet right now so you can at least get the web version right?

Or is everybody here just dying to get an easy completion. I was just glad I got a boggle game for my Galaxy III phone but I guess there are going to be lots of people who play this on the web and the android emulator (and the other versions if they get their hands on it) just for a few quick wins.

I'm going to be playing this long after I snag that final 100 games achievement, that I can show this game on my gamercard is just a small extra. And I won't be starting even the web version, my touch screen works much better.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,074,218
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 09:24Permalink
    Mince Pie 77 said:
    Failedseppuku - were you using a stylus? Strange as it may seem... When I used a stylus, it crashed at the end of each game! When using fingers never crashed at all! It may be coincidence... ;)
    Fingers, I used a cheap tablet to finish it off in the end. Only takes 15 mins or so
    200 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS556,415
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 10:15Permalink
    Billy Horrible said:
    What's with all the people trying to use emulators? Why not just play the web version, or the Windows phone version, or the windows 8 version, or the iOS version? You're on the internet right now so you can at least get the web version right?

Or is everybody here just dying to get an easy completion. I was just glad I got a boggle game for my Galaxy III phone but I guess there are going to be lots of people who play this on the web and the android emulator (and the other versions if they get their hands on it) just for a few quick wins.

I'm going to be playing this long after I snag that final 100 games achievement, that I can show this game on my gamercard is just a small extra. And I won't be starting even the web version, my touch screen works much better.
    Easy completion :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 10:48Permalink
    Eskobar M92 said:
    Billy Horrible said:

Easy completion :)
    It's only 50 gamerscore, how is that worth the hassle of emulators and multiple times the same game completed?
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42601,398
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 14:22Permalink
    HyruleBalverine said:
    I see that and clicked the link. Perhaps I'm dim (I know that I know nothing about setting up VM's) but I don't know that I'm doing or how to set it up and / or how to access the google store.
    Are you referring to my AndroVM solution? Were you able to install VirtualBox? After installing VirtualBox, you should be able to double click on the OVA file I linked. That should import the VM into VirtualBox and start it up. Once you've finished logging into the VM, there should be an icon in the upper right that says Shop. That's where you'll find Wordament.

There are some incompatibilities between VirtualBox and Youwave. You may need to uninstall Youwave first if you already tried that. Billy Horrible said:
    It's only 50 gamerscore, how is that worth the hassle of emulators and multiple times the same game completed?
    I enjoyed the challenge of getting it to work. I also find it amusing that I have Wordament completed 5 times. It is a bit silly, but that's part of the fun, at least for me.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.