Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden NFL 13 Kinect Integration Shown Off

• Papa El LoroPapa El Loro435,446
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 16:31Permalink
    Kinect voice in games seems to be getting popular!
    When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,038,674
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 16:42Permalink
    The fact that they included an achievement for using the Kinect bothers me. I'm just glad I have a friend with a Kinect I can borrow.
  • CDonnsCDonns146,570
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 16:44Permalink
    Is it just voice control or can you play with regular kinect controls.
    Nuffzx, your new litterbox is here.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 July 12 at 17:00Permalink
    This is cool, looking forward to smartglass integration, as well.
  • Posted on 26 July 12 at 17:55, Edited on 26 July 12 at 17:56 by AvengedAgainstPermalink
    Suiciden said:
    This is cool, looking forward to smartglass integration, as well.
    Smartglass won't be in this years version. They were just giving an example of what it could do. I was looking forward to it as well.

CDonns said:
    Is it just voice control or can you play with regular kinect controls.
    It's just voice control. They could do another Madden Arcade that would be Kinect only but please keep it to a minimum on Kinect in Madden.
  • Smash41Smash41149,448
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 18:58Permalink
    It's a joke that you can't just use a regular mic/headset for this sort of thing.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58404,600
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 20:12Permalink
    Smash41 said:
    It's a joke that you can't just use a regular mic/headset for this sort of thing.
    I always get a kick out of when someone posts something ill informed like this.

There are several reasons why developers are using Kinect as opposed to a regular microphone or headset. For one, it is easier and cheaper for the developer to use Kinect as Microsoft has already laid the groundwork in the dev kits. To do it on a standard headset requires the developer to create their own voice recognition sub-routine to accomplish this. Also the Kinect has a higher quality set of microphones than the standard Xbox headset so it is better designed to handle voice recognition.

And I don't have to wear a headset to use it which would mess up my flowing long hair! LOL!
  • Big EllBig Ell903,818
    Posted on 26 July 12 at 21:30Permalink
    Zacry072 said:
    The fact that they included an achievement for using the Kinect bothers me. I'm just glad I have a friend with a Kinect I can borrow.
    Not saying they should have included an achievement for that, but I gotta say you are missing out by not having one yourself!
  • Posted on 26 July 12 at 22:37Permalink
    Looks nice !!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 July 12 at 01:05Permalink
    Big Ell said:
    Zacry072 said:
    Not saying they should have included an achievement for that, but I gotta say you are missing out by not having one yourself!
    for most its not the issue of being able to get one, its the issue of having the space the size of a football field required to use one :(
  • Big EllBig Ell903,818
    Posted on 27 July 12 at 05:01Permalink
    Football field? I see what you did there :)
  • ReffujiReffuji129,220
    Posted on 27 July 12 at 13:48Permalink
    do you have to use Kinect or can i just use a head set for voice commands?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.