The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: December 17th, 2013

• Posted on 17 December 13 at 20:31
    MvC3 dlc for me, glad I waited.

Was hoping 400 days would go on sale sometime before the release of Season 2.

Last years countdown sale was terrible. Saints Row 2 dlc & Black Ops 2 dlc on my wishlist.

Does anyone know if you can use a controller for the Arcade Kinect titles listed?
  • iXanoniXanon66,612
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 20:41
    Picked up Borderlands 2 with the last of my money on a hungarian account. Figure I'll play the main game for a bit, by which time hopefully the Season Pass will get a better discount.

Also picked up Castle of Illusion, been looking forward to a discount on that..
  • TrypWyre11TrypWyre11153,707
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:14
    Woohoo, now I'll finish The Walking Dead! Probably the only person who hasn't smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:14
    Please let us know when the good sales begin, the games that have NEVER been on sale EVER....arcade games, not retails, I can pick up retail games for cheaper than any of these listed.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:32
    MAS AttacK said:
    I'm really hoping Mass Effect gets a spot on the daily deals. Been wanting that DLC forever.
    I need it too, that and the damn Tomb Raider Legend dlc. If I can get those during the countdown I will have every dlc for every game I own and be a very happy man.
    Each One Teach One
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,651
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:44
    I paid full price for all the Walking Dead but still have no regrets not waiting, a great game! Note: Freefall Racers is Kinect required! I went to download it for less than a buck until I realised I wouldn't even be able to play it. Shame, dead easy completion though...
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:47
    aka Kryptonian said:
    MAS AttacK said:
    I'm really hoping Mass Effect gets a spot on the daily deals. Been wanting that DLC forever.
    I need it too, that and the damn Tomb Raider Legend dlc. If I can get those during the countdown I will have every dlc for every game I own and be a very happy man.
    For famous, good games with a lot of dlc it is better to wait for an GOTY/ULTIMATE/COMPLETE etc. edition of the game with all the dlc included (or at the very least, all the dlc with achievements). In your case, Tomb Raider will have such an edition next year with all the dlc included for the xbox 360 (and under a different name for the xbox one).
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:50
    If you buy ultimate vault hunter 2 before 1, will it work?
  • spletchiespletchie644,272
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:50
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Please let us know when the good sales begin, the games that have NEVER been on sale EVER....arcade games, not retails, I can pick up retail games for cheaper than any of these listed.
    I'm pretty sure Castle of Illusion and Marlow Briggs have never been on sale before. I get tired of repeat sales too, but I appreciate that Microsoft usually tries to throw in at least one or two new games among the repeaters - even if they aren't something on my personal radar.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 December 13 at 22:56
    spletchie said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I'm pretty sure Castle of Illusion and Marlow Briggs have never been on sale before. I get tired of repeat sales too, but I appreciate that Microsoft usually tries to throw in at least one or two new games among the repeaters - even if they aren't something on my personal radar.
    I hear yah....just would like one sale with 8 or so arcade games that have never been on sale.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 23:13
    Mass effect is the exception to this:-(
  • C0D LogicC0D Logic193,489
    Posted on 17 December 13 at 23:15
    I'm not going to put this off any longer. At just over £1 an episode it would seem a waste not to play it and see what the hype is about.
    Joe Wheat
  • Posted on 17 December 13 at 23:36
    I can't feel but to be screwed over with the walking dead considering I paid full price when they 1st came out.
    knowing they did this I will wait for season 2 to be on sale
  • Posted on 18 December 13 at 00:03
    Nothing for me, anything I would buy I already have.
  • Posted on 18 December 13 at 01:39
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
    aka Kryptonian said:
    MAS AttacK said:
    For famous, good games with a lot of dlc it is better to wait for an GOTY/ULTIMATE/COMPLETE etc. edition of the game with all the dlc included (or at the very least, all the dlc with achievements). In your case, Tomb Raider will have such an edition next year with all the dlc included for the xbox 360 (and under a different name for the xbox one).
    Reread his post. He said Tomb Raider Legend not Tomb Raider 2013.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE491,264
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 01:49
    dumb question: I got Jill and Shlub-Whatever free when I bent over a barrel for the MvC3 CE - would I need to re-buy UMvC3 versions or is the dlc shared? Think I'm going to cave on the digital version while the gettin's good...
  • TronxkyTronxky228,719
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 02:03
    It's this a joke? 13 bucks for Bioshock Infinite fine,but in the marketplace it show $28 in my country,stupid laws.
    Waiting for a Somerassault Justice miracle :(
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,319,410
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 02:05, Edited on 18 December 13 at 02:05 by Sashamorning
    For God's sake, if you don't already own The Walking Dead, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2, download them.

Download them NNAAOOOOWWW!!!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • YuriamYuriam411,679
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 02:11
    Can't buy X-Men Origins: Wolverine in Germany. Business as usual. *sighs*
    Have you ever dreamed of a midnight in a perfect world?
  • Throni360Throni3601,793,355
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 02:26, Edited on 18 December 13 at 02:26 by Throni360
    G O I7ofL 1 V E said:
    Was hoping 400 days would go on sale sometime before the release of Season 2.
    It was on sale a few weeks ago.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.