Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dungeon of the Endless Coming to Xbox One

• LexualLexual349,288
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:20
    This is definitely piquing my curiosity!
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,468,843
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:22
    That price is just perfect for these ID games. Keep em coming!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,009,959
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:23
    Hmmm. Seems kinda like Dungeon Defenders, might be worth a try.
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP343,521
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:38, Edited on 14 August 14 at 19:40 by Im LoganXP
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:That price is just perfect for these ID games. Keep em coming!I agree. Keep them at or below $10 (maybe with a rare few being at $15) and the ID program will do just fine.

OT: This game looks interesting, I will be sure to check it out.
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:45
    This game looks endless. wink
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 19:57
    This may be slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed a trend, towards the last generation and into this one, where a games visual seem to be reverting back to the days of the NES, and even the old Atari systems?

Between this, and the montage released for the ID@XBOX campaign, I can not help but feel like we are getting some throwback titles that never made it to final production back in the 80's and early 90's...
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • BeachemBeachem381,478
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 20:31
    xLegend of Jay said:This game looks endless. winkLOL! Nice one. This looks fun!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,009,959
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 21:21
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:This may be slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed a trend, towards the last generation and into this one, where a games visual seem to be reverting back to the days of the NES, and even the old Atari systems?

Between this, and the montage released for the ID@XBOX campaign, I can not help but feel like we are getting some throwback titles that never made it to final production back in the 80's and early 90's...
    You mean what indie games have always looked like? Crazy right?
  • No MoneyyNo Moneyy46,522
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 21:44
    Looks like pixel dungeon for android, awesome.
  • Posted on 14 August 14 at 22:00
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:EMPATH1C MIM1C said:This may be slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed a trend, towards the last generation and into this one, where a games visual seem to be reverting back to the days of the NES, and even the old Atari systems?

Indie games are one thing; I am talking about this move into more of the mainstream line-up.

XBLA titles like Dungeon Fight LIVE, Half Minute Hero, Terraria, D&D Chronicles of Mystara, Spelunky, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Fez, Limbo, etc etc

Don't get me wrong - I am not judging or anything - just noticing that quite a few devs are taking somewhat of a more minimalist direction with visuals. And I don't think it is a bad thing, either; just something that has caught my eye over the past few years...
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • AboveHunterAboveHunter458,571
    Posted on 14 August 14 at 23:25
    I played the pc version on steam is VERY tough you have to plan ALOT and its like a reverse dungeon defenders
  • Posted on 15 August 14 at 00:03, Edited on 15 August 14 at 00:04 by SilvrgunSuprman
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:EMPATH1C MIM1C said:This may be slightly off topic, but has anyone else noticed a trend, towards the last generation and into this one, where a games visual seem to be reverting back to the days of the NES, and even the old Atari systems?

No Mans Sky is indie, Sanctum1 and 2 are indie, Outlast is indie, There are really good looking games that are developed by indie companies. The last generation of Xbox has ruined your knowledge on what an indie game really is.
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse1,177,793
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 00:32
    This looks really great. Plus there is alot more to a game than just the looks.
    Gtech
  • ElyohElyoh824,566
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 00:41
    This looks like it could be a blast, likely be my first X1 download game smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • HBK316HHH619HBK316HHH6191,226,796
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 01:35
    Seriously getting sick of all these indie games being announced, and nothing releasing, so excited for pretty much all of them. I keep seeing all these compilation videos. I hope they dont have an explosion of them, and my wallets empty
    The same thing i have been saying since it came out finally sombody else that sees this
  • Posted on 15 August 14 at 05:30, Edited on 15 August 14 at 05:37 by Graymouse 1
    I am seriously considering this game.
    There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421328,455
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 05:36, Edited on 15 August 14 at 05:37 by ptracey1421
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:Indie games are one thing; I am talking about this move into more of the mainstream line-up.

XBLA titles like Dungeon Fight LIVE, Half Minute Hero, Terraria, D&D Chronicles of Mystara, Spelunky, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Fez, Limbo, etc etc

Don't get me wrong - I am not judging or anything - just noticing that quite a few devs are taking somewhat of a more minimalist direction with visuals. And I don't think it is a bad thing, either; just something that has caught my eye over the past few years...
    Just had to say, DF:Live, is simple a knock-off of what used to be a complete MMORPG on the PC. So it is more of a PC port than anything else. Too bad DFO didn't take the route of becoming a MMO for the 360/Xbox One and instead just became a remnant of an awesome, yet sadly deceased game. warning
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo254,603
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 07:41
    More retro...???? I would love to see more of the future than retro on the current gen system, really push the system to utilize its potential. On the other hand retro gaming had it right...
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty564,269
    Posted on 15 August 14 at 10:25
    Even though it has the dreaded word 'retro' in front of it, this actually looks kinda nice. Which makes a change.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.