The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Deal of the Week: October 8th, 2013

• Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:10
    The new price system confuses the shit out of me. But yeah, most of these games suck major cock.
  • BertieHothBertieHoth305,362
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:26
    Really thought the Aliens season pass was gonna be on sale. Right now the game itself costs £9.99 and the season pass is double that. Takes the p*ss.
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,965,318
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:28
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    DragonessHera said:
    Wow.. Microsoft completely fails at pricing digital content. A few weeks ago, PS+ price for Aliens: CM was $8.99, while Valve had it on sale for $4.99. Star Trek was $7.50 during the summer sale on Steam.
    Good for them? I don't understand why that matters. If it was so cheap, then anyone who plays Steam or has access to PS+ would have bought it there and wouldn't care. Whereas everyone else would find this as a good deal.

I'll never understand why everyone cares to compare these completely separate digital platforms like it's some contest.

Personally, I'll likely pick up 'RIPD' and 'Pacific Rim'. MAYBE 'Star Trek'. Already own 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' and 'Guardians of Middle-Earth'.

For anyone curious, both 'REAL STEEL' and 'X-Men Arcade' are really easy completions.
    Seriously? Have you heard of a little thing called capitalism?

It is called COMPETITION, and I agree with some people - Microsoft is failing most weeks in such a COMPETITION. Throwing out "deals" that fall on their face compared to their competitor? Not the brightest in terms of business tactics.

Of course, Microsoft has not shown that many active braincells this past year...laugh
    I guess...but, this isn't like walking into a grocery store and seeing five different kinds of ketchup. To use Steam, you need a computer that can run the game, LIVE requires an Xbox, and PS+ requires a PlayStation. So, the only deals that matter are the ones for the respective platforms you have access to. That's why I don't why people complain.

I only have LIVE, so this is all that matters. =D
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:29
    They would have to pay me to play any of these games :P
  • PhxSuns1FanPhxSuns1Fan583,201
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:37
    Harbringernight said:
    I think they fucked themselves coming over to actual money. Before i would buy all the 400 point games. Now $5...F that. Curious what the limiting factors are when deciding what is to become deal of the week material.
    lol the prices are the same 400msp = $5 & 4.99 = 400msp lol

the only problem have is taxes!!
    My life doesn't evolve around Xbox, or atleast I keep telling myself that :)
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57870,904
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:41, Edited on 08 October 13 at 17:46 by OlivierL57
    Fire Hawk D said:
    I guess...but, this isn't like walking into a grocery store and seeing five different kinds of ketchup. To use Steam, you need a computer that can run the game, LIVE requires an Xbox, and PS+ requires a PlayStation. So, the only deals that matter are the ones for the respective platforms you have access to. That's why I don't why people complain.
    You're partially right, but when two firms offer exactly the same content, players will automatically compare the prices between the two, it is unavoidable. If you can find the same ketchup cheaper in another grocery store, what will you do? Go to the competitor for sure. It's the problem that MS has to face now. I really don't like the path Nintendo took with the Wii and the Wii U, but in terms of strategy, it makes sense. Now they have their own market which is not exactly the same as Sony's and MS's, and they avoid this kind of comparison.
  • wbswbs965,040
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 18:03
    Good to see some licensed arcade games on sale and 2 I haven't played. Licensed games are the most likely to delisted at some point in the future so if you want any of these it is best to get them now and not wait.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,289
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 18:50, Edited on 08 October 13 at 18:51 by Phoenix C64
    could any1 please tell me if Guardians of Middle-Earth still needs 5-10min. to find an online match? coz that would be a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: oh wait, 7€ + ? no thx
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • IMHUWIMHUW98,692
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 18:57
    Daeryoon said:
    IMHUW said:
    gonna see if i can pick up pacific rim, i love del toro and although he wasn't involved with this game I dont think, I still want it, I might also try and get R.I.P.D and reel steel.
    Hello boosting friend! toast

I will be grabbing some of these as well and wil need boosting help. HMU for RIPD, Pacific Rim or Real Steel.

Also, nice job getting this up early, lp.compute
    Sorry man, what does HMU mean? lol and yea man, up for boosting all 3 of those if i pick them up, hope I can but then again its my daughters second b/day in like 2 weeks, if I do get any of them it'll be on monday so I'll let you know...*sigh* I've missed boosting, our serious sam sessions were fun and if you let me know when your free, we'll set up a shank 2 session suitable for both of us. I've noticed aswell you aint done the coop for shank, you know you can just do that on your own right?
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 19:23
    Great deals!
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,864
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 19:33
    Wow, the majority of these are very poorly made games. I've got a PS Plus account for my bros PS3 and already have more free quality games than XBL ever provided. Ill be sticking with Silver thank you very much.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 19:42
    MugenKairo said:
    Wow, the majority of these are very poorly made games. I've got a PS Plus account for my bros PS3 and already have more free quality games than XBL ever provided. Ill be sticking with Silver thank you very much.
    shock How could you?!?! angry BLASPHEMER! Now face the wrath of the Legion!....of M$ fanboys...

laugh

Just kidding - I made that same decision. After next month my Live membership expires, and I won't renew.

It sucks for M$ that there is actual competition out there. smile
    PSN: EmpathicMIMIC
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater214,135
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 19:51
    Phoenix C64 said:
    could any1 please tell me if Guardians of Middle-Earth still needs 5-10min. to find an online match? coz that would be a deal breaker for me.
    EDIT: oh wait, 7€ + ? no thx
    You won't get a full match probably, but when I played it a week ago I got a Skirmish going after about 3. Don't buy any DLC (unless you have a USB stick.) It'll break your game, sorry bastards at Monolith have abandoned the game as well as most of the players.
    Tater
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:04
    ... Pass. Though I might need to take a look at RIPD, I don't know a single thing about that one except it's supposed to be based on some film I haven't seen.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:09
    Next week not looking much better

Storm 15-Oct to 21-Oct 50% off
    Capsized 50% off
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 50% off
    Ben 10 Omniverse™ 50% off
    Ben 10™ Galactic Racing 50% off
    BEN 10 ULTIMATE ALIEN™ 50% off
    Tomb Raider Underworld 50% off
    Battlestations Midway 75% off
    Balltestations Pacific 80% off
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:20
    Looking at the prices and the different currencies, and they really don't make any sense Imo.

Star Trek US$ 14,99, AU$ 14,97
    Transformers: US$ 14,99, AU$ 24,97

Why is Star Star Trek about the same price in US$ and AU$, but Transformers is priced over 60% in AU$ compared to US$.

See some of the same strange differences when comparing to the €, so if somebody can explain this to me, it will be very much appreciated.
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:23
    Should I buy reel steel, pacific rim, or xmen?
  • b30118218b301182182,987,671
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:30
    I have Real Steel and I am willing to help anybody boost it up to rank 100 as i still need to do that as well, its the only thing i have left for my 100% on that game, I will also be getting RIPD and Pacific Rim as well if anybody wants to boost those. I feel like these titles will be on sale this once and thats it. I get the feeling both Pacific Rim and RIPD both sold very badly though seeing as they are on sale pretty fast.
  • XtowersXtowers828,420
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:44
    :-/ 99% of movie-based games are trash. Senior Chupon said:
    Next week not looking much better

Storm 15-Oct to 21-Oct 50% off
    Capsized 50% off
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 50% off
    Ben 10 Omniverse™ 50% off
    Ben 10™ Galactic Racing 50% off
    BEN 10 ULTIMATE ALIEN™ 50% off
    Tomb Raider Underworld 50% off
    Battlestations Midway 75% off
    Balltestations Pacific 80% off
    I am looking forward to getting Storm. Capsized looks fun. Might even bite on the Battlestations games for $5.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.