The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Deal of the Week: October 8th, 2013

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:46
    360a are claiming that Alien's colonial marines is £7.49.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,289
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:51, Edited on 08 October 13 at 20:52 by Phoenix C64
    Parallax Demon said:
    Looking at the prices and the different currencies, and they really don't make any sense Imo.

Star Trek US$ 14,99, AU$ 14,97
    Transformers: US$ 14,99, AU$ 24,97

Why is Star Star Trek about the same price in US$ and AU$, but Transformers is priced over 60% in AU$ compared to US$.

See some of the same strange differences when comparing to the €, so if somebody can explain this to me, it will be very much appreciated.
    i don't know about AU$, but difference between US$, GBP and EU is that in the US they are forced to announce prices WITHOUT tax (which is around 8-10% depending on state), while in UK and EU they are forced to announce price WITH tax (which ranges between 18-21%)
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • izret102izret1022,008,480
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 20:57
    IMHUW said:
    Daeryoon said:
    IMHUW said:
    gonna see if i can pick up pacific rim, i love del toro and although he wasn't involved with this game I dont think, I still want it, I might also try and get R.I.P.D and reel steel.
    Hello boosting friend! toast

I will be grabbing some of these as well and wil need boosting help. HMU for RIPD, Pacific Rim or Real Steel.

Also, nice job getting this up early, lp.compute
    Sorry man, what does HMU mean? lol and yea man, up for boosting all 3 of those if i pick them up, hope I can but then again its my daughters second b/day in like 2 weeks, if I do get any of them it'll be on monday so I'll let you know...*sigh* I've missed boosting, our serious sam sessions were fun and if you let me know when your free, we'll set up a shank 2 session suitable for both of us. I've noticed aswell you aint done the coop for shank, you know you can just do that on your own right?
    HMU = Hit Me Up

Don't hit me up though. I'm not looking for help.
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • QuadrahandsQuadrahands463,490
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 21:00
    I saw this thread has 60+ comments and thought, "ooh, gonna be some good deals this week".
    Needless to say I am disappointed.
    I went outside once, the graphics were amazing but the characters and storyline were truly awful.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 21:28, Edited on 08 October 13 at 22:41 by HolyHalfDead
    It's Middle-earth, not Middle-Earth ;)
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 21:49
    Phoenix C64 said:
    Parallax Demon said:
    Looking at the prices and the different currencies, and they really don't make any sense Imo.

Star Trek US$ 14,99, AU$ 14,97
    Transformers: US$ 14,99, AU$ 24,97

Why is Star Star Trek about the same price in US$ and AU$, but Transformers is priced over 60% in AU$ compared to US$.

See some of the same strange differences when comparing to the €, so if somebody can explain this to me, it will be very much appreciated.
    i don't know about AU$, but difference between US$, GBP and EU is that in the US they are forced to announce prices WITHOUT tax (which is around 8-10% depending on state), while in UK and EU they are forced to announce price WITH tax (which ranges between 18-21%)
    I do know about the tax but that doesn't explain why one game is over 60% in AU$ compared to US$ to another game on the same gamemarket.

In my example either Star Trek would cost AU$ 24,97 or Transformers would cost AU$ 14,97.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude725,436
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 21:58
    Bad deals. Not interested.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN398,921
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 22:03
    hmmm Think I'll grab Pacific Rim, R.I.P.D. and Guardians of Middle Earth

Already have Real Steal, then again I should take none as my backlog is over 100 laugh
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead677,930
    Posted on 08 October 13 at 22:43
    There is also a 25% off Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Personalization Packs sale on from 8th - 16th October 2013
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 October 13 at 22:44
    another shit deal of the week on xbox live....
    i have vodka but no fucking ammo
  • Posted on 08 October 13 at 23:39
    What a bunch of shit games. X-men Arcade is probably the only decent one out of all them and I got it a long time ago when it was free.
  • Dogeatr00Dogeatr00527,574
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 00:53
    April fool's is a little late, don't you think? This is a joke article.... right??
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,822
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 01:55
    Ehh nothing of interest as usual for me. I suppose it's nice to see something new for a change though instead of the same old recycled deals we more than often get.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Amedeus8Amedeus8255,774
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 02:25
    Well, maybe next week won't be shit.
    The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
  • IRONTAP99IRONTAP9940,258
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 02:35
    Might be a bit early but does anyone know if there will be a countdown to 2014 sale
  • PlaidHarpy9PlaidHarpy9240,724
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 03:07
    Does anybody want to boost online achievements in X-men? The last Time I tried, there was not a single person this time, so lets do this, guys! PM me if you still need those achievements
  • VR LOGICVR LOGIC110,717
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 03:42
    I hold my cash this go around.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 October 13 at 03:51
    Wish AVP was the one that was $5, I would pick that up if that was the case.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 October 13 at 06:16
    Xtowers said:
    :-/ 99% of movie-based games are trash. Senior Chupon said:
    Next week not looking much better

Storm 15-Oct to 21-Oct 50% off
    Capsized 50% off
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 50% off
    Ben 10 Omniverse™ 50% off
    Ben 10™ Galactic Racing 50% off
    BEN 10 ULTIMATE ALIEN™ 50% off
    Tomb Raider Underworld 50% off
    Battlestations Midway 75% off
    Balltestations Pacific 80% off
    I am looking forward to getting Storm. Capsized looks fun. Might even bite on the Battlestations games for $5.
    Storm seems nice. Capsized too but take note completionists: two out of twelve achievements in this game have been unobtainable from the start. I'll probably skip Battlestations, after Dogfight, HAWX and Ace Combat I've had enough of flight games for a while. Tomb Raider Underworld is nice but I already have that one.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • I darklost II darklost I110,379
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 08:09
    WirelessYoshi said:
    disappointing again :(
    Same here. .. .
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.