The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: March 10th, 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 March 15 at 17:28Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:Ryse Legenday on disc http://www.amazon.com/Ryse-Legendary-Edition-xbox-one/dp/B00...Oh, wow. The assholes only did codes anyway. Don't try to better accommodate people on slower internet connections or anything.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 240+ DAYS playtime, 16000 rounds survived (double max Perfectionist), 1.5 million FF kills.
  • Twinkling82Twinkling82155,360
    Posted on 12 March 15 at 17:40Permalink
    erhm, what I can see in that amazon link is a disc copy of the game.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Posted on 12 March 15 at 19:40Permalink
    Is Fez an easy Achievement completion? It looks fun to play but seems like there is too much collecting crap that might make it less enjoyable.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 12 March 15 at 20:01Permalink
    DracoMightyena said:Is Fez an easy Achievement completion? It looks fun to play but seems like there is too much collecting crap that might make it less enjoyable.It's easy enough. A few puzzles probably require a guide but I completed it and I don't complete much hard stuff.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 12 March 15 at 20:33Permalink
    Fez is rather easy to complete. Just don't get frustrated with the puzzles - look it up once you can't figure it out, and remember to think in 3D and not just what it appears to be. wink
  • Posted on 12 March 15 at 23:43Permalink
    Thanks you both, I will get Fez later! dance
  • Posted on 14 March 15 at 09:28Permalink
    Sketchy77 said:• Hydro Thunder Hurricane
    Silver - 40% off - Now US$8.99 / £5.99 / €8.63 / AU$8.97 / ¥925
    Gold - 50% off - Now US$7.49 / £4.99 / €7.19 / AU$7.47 / ¥771

LOL Here we go.
    Should be 75 % off, considering the age of the game. Hopefully it will go GwG sometime, so we can reach an end to the endless hype it receives on these comment posts.
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 14 March 15 at 09:30Permalink
    iMakke said:Spelunky is fantastic. Buy it, everyone!^ This.

My proudest completion, so many great secrets, so much challenge, but with enough random that you will eventually get past things you never thought possible, if you have the skill to ride a streak of good luck. I actually wore out a 360 controller mastering this game !
    Your financial solution
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 15 at 09:33Permalink
    triplewitching said:Sketchy77 said:• Hydro Thunder Hurricane

LOL Here we go.
    Should be 75 % off, considering the age of the game. Hopefully it will go GwG sometime, so we can reach an end to the endless hype it receives on these comment posts.
    The hype will never die warning
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 15 at 10:25Permalink
    triplewitching said:Sketchy77 said:• Hydro Thunder Hurricane

LOL Here we go.
    Sore buns much? Hydro Thunder Hurricane has aged well and even the full price is absolutely worth it.
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,823
    Posted on 16 March 15 at 04:51, Edited on 16 March 15 at 05:03 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Billy Horrible said:Twinkling82 said:Did anyone in the comments section tell the rest of us that Dragon Age Inquisition is free to try and play until march 16?I'm not looking that up for you, feel free to search through six pages of comments yourself though.I have my forum Number of posts per page set to 50, so it is quite fast do a quick text search on a couple of pages.

But more importantly did anyone tell the rest of us that it is only free for 6 hours! Even a 7 day completion for that game would be some going, but with only 6 hours I wouldn't play it on your main account if I was you.

KOSTAS A M GR said:To anyone who might know.
    If i change my xboxone region to Japan and download the free MAX game for Gold do i violate any xboxlive rule?
    Well if changing your account region to circumvent regional pricing (eg to get stuff for free from another region when it is not free in your region) is considered grey, then changing your Xbox One (or Windows 8 or Windows Phone) region is far less grey and many people do it, since you don't need a fake billing address. In this case Max has already been a GwG (which according to Microsoft you didn't even need to own an Xbox to get at the time), and since XB1 GwG stop working when you stop paying, I really don't think you should have a problem. But it's not what I think.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 16 March 15 at 08:40Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Billy Horrible said:Twinkling82 said:Did anyone in the comments section tell the rest of us that Dragon Age Inquisition is free to try and play until march 16?I'm not looking that up for you, feel free to search through six pages of comments yourself though.I have my forum Number of posts per page set to 50, so it is quite fast do a quick text search on a couple of pages.

But more importantly did anyone tell the rest of us that it is only free for 6 hours! Even a 7 day completion for that game would be some going, but with only 6 hours I wouldn't play it on your main account if I was you.
    It has been free to download and play for a week now, so six hours is not correct. I also included it would end today.

HolyHa1fDead said:In this case Max has already been a GwG (which according to Microsoft you didn't even need to own an Xbox to get at the time), and since XB1 GwG stop working when you stop paying, I really don't think you should have a problem. But it's not what I think.I am quite sure that if he got it back then in his own region, he wouldn't be asking if he could jump over and get the JP version.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 March 15 at 09:39Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Billy Horrible said:Twinkling82 said:Did anyone in the comments section tell the rest of us that Dragon Age Inquisition is free to try and play until march 16?I'm not looking that up for you, feel free to search through six pages of comments yourself though.I have my forum Number of posts per page set to 50, so it is quite fast do a quick text search on a couple of pages.

It has been free to download and play for a week now, so six hours is not correct. I also included it would end today.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious Holy is talking about the time you can spend in-game for free, NOT how long the game is available for free.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,394
    Posted on 16 March 15 at 11:04Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:HolyHa1fDead said:Billy Horrible said:Twinkling82 said:Did anyone in the comments section tell the rest of us that Dragon Age Inquisition is free to try and play until march 16?I'm not looking that up for you, feel free to search through six pages of comments yourself though.I have my forum Number of posts per page set to 50, so it is quite fast do a quick text search on a couple of pages.

HolyHa1fDead said:In this case Max has already been a GwG (which according to Microsoft you didn't even need to own an Xbox to get at the time), and since XB1 GwG stop working when you stop paying, I really don't think you should have a problem. But it's not what I think.I am quite sure that if he got it back then in his own region, he wouldn't be asking if he could jump over and get the JP version.
    I'm pretty sure you misread both of Holy's comments. RE: DA:I - Although it's free for a week you only get six hours of actual play time. RE: Max JP - He's saying that the fact Max was free previously in other regions and for those who don't even have an Xbox makes it harder for MS to argue that it's bad for him to switch regions to get the JP version now that one is free.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 16 March 15 at 12:15Permalink
    Billy Horrible said:Yeah, it's pretty obvious Holy is talking about the time you can spend in-game for free, NOT how long the game is available for free.How was I supposed to know? I started downloading it, but cancelled it because it took too long and wanted 4-6 days to play it, not 2. But if what he says is right, that 6 hours is the limit and you'll get kicked from the game, I had NO idea.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 March 15 at 12:36, Edited on 16 March 15 at 12:36 by Permalink
    Twinkling82 said:Billy Horrible said:Yeah, it's pretty obvious Holy is talking about the time you can spend in-game for free, NOT how long the game is available for free.How was I supposed to know? I started downloading it, but cancelled it because it took too long and wanted 4-6 days to play it, not 2. But if what he says is right, that 6 hours is the limit and you'll get kicked from the game, I had NO idea.You were supposed to know since he follows those six hours immediately with:
    HolyHa1fDead said:Even a 7 day completion for that game would be some going, but with only 6 hours I wouldn't play it on your main account if I was you.It's so obvious that he's talking about playtime. Read other people's posts before you reply, THAT is how you was supposed to know.
    Posted on 16 March 15 at 13:37Permalink
    I plan to buy the game eventually, no harm in trying and starting it now when I had the chance when I had the urge. Which was ruined by slow download.

"but with 6 hours play" - had I known it was only 6 hours (which was probably roughly the same time the download would have been - I wouldnt even had tried.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.