Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 20 October 14 at 16:09
Please use this thread to discuss the Halo: The Master Chief Collection walkthrough
bryan dot exe
bryan dot exe
Posted on 07 November 14 at 19:48
Simply listing these achievements in an order that makes more sense would be huge. Would be helpful if someone attempted to make a blog post that lists them in the order you will unlock them / the order in which you need to start concerning yoursf with them.
thundrchickn on scorehero.com

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 November 14 at 16:11, Edited on 08 November 14 at 16:13 by
This is a massive undertaking. Props to whoever is doing it.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 10 November 14 at 05:18
The walkthrough is 99% complete guys. All I am missing is 6 of the 450 achievements, namely the four Chips Dubbo ones, and two random ones (Missing Link amd Headed to his Destiny).

If you like I can copy/paste it into my blog and just delete all the text so you have an order-of-unlock achievement list. I did something *kinda* like that already but it har all the text and YT vids so it took forever to load. Let me know what you would like to see in blog form and I will make it happen.
200k/200k gs, 200 games played, 100% completion including all DLC, 11-13-11.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 10 November 14 at 16:24
Well Chips dubbo ones seem all but unmissable, at least for Halo CE and Halo 2. Will see how Halo 3 and 4 shake out. Guide is 99% complete now just missing 4 achievements (2 chips ones and 2 others).
bryan dot exe
bryan dot exe
Posted on 10 November 14 at 16:43
That would be very helpful LifeEx. This was my first stab at it just for myself. DJ Drty Chapstk's blog post - Halo: The Master Chief Collection Achievement List Reorganized
thundrchickn on scorehero.com
brent1221
brent1221
Posted on 11 November 14 at 23:15
I have never been apart of doing a walkthrough. But I would be interested in helping out. Even if it means taking one game (ex: Halo 3) and listing out order of the achievements (like stated above) and ones that could be missable.

Not sure how to get this started or who to contact.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 13 November 14 at 02:22
The WT is already complete and submitted for publishing Brent but I appreciate your willingness to help. :-)

@Dj - I will try and put up a blog post with just the achievements listed in 'chronological' order for you within the next two days. I've been very busy making videos for the WT. If you're interested, a bunch of them are already up on my channel, youtube user name is KorbeKGaming. It is not monetized so none of those annoying ads.
Information Posted on 13 November 14 at 10:46
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Walkthrough
MC0REBE
MC0REBE
Posted on 13 November 14 at 10:55
This walkthrough will be edited during the course of the next few weeks with courtesy of LifeExpectancy

Any remarks, opinions are ideas to make it better, feel free to post in here or PM the owner.
TA Walkthrough Assistant Manager | We work in the dark to serve the light | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
Fuchsdh
Fuchsdh
Posted on 13 November 14 at 16:31, Edited on 13 November 14 at 16:32 by Fuchsdh
Great work on the walkthrough thus far. I want to point out an error, however:

The Coin's Fault in Halo: The Master Chief Collection
The Coin's Fault80 (5)
Halo 3: Activate Cortana's Terminal on Cortana

"This is a misleading achievement. There are only 7 ‘terminals’ in Halo 3. Cortana’s terminal merely refers to the terminal you activate during normal story progression when ‘rescuing’ Cortana."

This is untrue. The Cortana terminal isn't like the other ones scattered throughout the game, but is hidden in the underlevel of the same room where you find the skull. It gives you a prompt like the other ones. An image can be found here: http://blog.ascendantjustice.com/halo-3/hindsight-halo-3/cor...
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 14 November 14 at 06:24
Great work thus far, of course. I've been going through and there is one glaring omission that I'd really like to see fixed: you should include links to specific times in the youtube videos.

Let's take Halo 4 for example. The only collectibles are Terminals. You'd have me start the video at the top, scroll down to the mission description to get the approximate time, then scroll back up (or to another tab) and move to the correct time.

I'll admit, this is really irritating. It'd be really fantastic if you could simply include links to the youtube video that direct you to the correct time (and I do mean a link - not the video itself). An example can be found in Maka's solution here:
Halo: The Master Chief CollectionSkulltaker Halo: CE: MythicThe Skulltaker Halo: CE: Mythic achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 9 pointsHalo CE: Find and claim the Mythic skull in remastered mode.
. Look at the link below the video.

I think that would drastically increase the usability of the walkthrough.
Ultras500
Ultras500
Posted on 14 November 14 at 18:06
Just thought I would let you know that I unlocked
Halo: The Master Chief CollectionCan't Keep Him DownThe Can't Keep Him Down achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 7 pointsHalo 3: Fight alongside and listen to The Man. The Legend. Chips Dubbo.
at the end of Sierra 117, just after you release Johnson from the prison. May be worth mentioning you can get it at several points in the game.
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 14 November 14 at 19:48
Bahahahaha!! There should seriously be a cash prize for getting this published.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 17 November 14 at 20:32, Edited on 17 November 14 at 20:32 by Nomstuff
The Halo 4 chips can been found on the level "Composer" he can be found on normal.
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 18 November 14 at 20:42
I read a lot of the walkthrough and it looks really, really good! Seriously, great job!
SaDi5TiK
SaDi5TiK
Posted on 19 November 14 at 15:55
I honestly didn't expect a decent walkthrough until mid-December so this vastly exceeds my expectations. Thank you so much for the hard work and if you're taking donations, I would gladly like to pay you for the time you took to make this.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 November 14 at 08:59, Edited on 23 November 14 at 09:00 by
Hi, for the achievements Demon on Halo 2, I have a video that shows how do on Uprising easily and faster than Cairo Station.
You can take my video solution to put in the walkthroughs if you want.

Links :
Halo: The Master Chief CollectionDemonThe Demon achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection worth 19 pointsHalo 2: Complete any campaign level without dying on Normal or harder.
BrokenKnght
BrokenKnght
Posted on 26 November 14 at 14:07
Skeptical Mario said:I read a lot of the walkthrough and it looks really, really good! Seriously, great job!+1. You've done a tremendous job, thank you!
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 27 November 14 at 07:36, Edited on 27 November 14 at 07:39 by LifeExpectancy
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Walkthrough is mostly finalized but of course there are still minor tweaks to come.

Re: Timestamp links for the collectibles videos - That is definitely something I still plan on adding in. I actually plan on linking the timestamps within the individual levels (where I currently just have the time itself in Minutes:Seconds). That will be a lot of editing work though amd as a WT supervisor I have a pressing priority to proofread another WT.

Re: Speedrun videos - Those will be added in as well. I was waiting for the dust to settle and for the top speed runners like MrMonopoli, Pingy, etc to put up youtube vids. I could use my own or other site members' but I feel like I should include the best/fastest ones and let people work toward those with their own modifications based on skill.

Re: Donations - I didnt get into the WT/Youtube scene for $$ so that isnt necessary. If you really do wish to do so though, you can contact me via PM anr any/all donations will simply go toward upcoming community giveaways and better equipment for making better walkthrough videos for TA. For instance I'm doing a Halo:MCC collectors edition giveaway soon. There is a vid on the KorbeKGaming youtube channel that explains the details of that giveaway.

Re: The rest - I'm aware of easier methods and mistakes in a couple minor places and plan on doing another editing pass to catch them soon, as I've already earned most of the campaign achievements. Stay tuned!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.