The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Countdown to 2014 Daily Deals: December 18th, 2013

• ptracey1421ptracey1421413,447
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 19:20
    Still patiently waiting for a Sale on the CoD Black Ops II Season Pass. That would be just excellent. wink
  • Ryot ControlRyot Control1,399,651
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 19:22
    Doominatorx6 said:
    I would only get Fez if there was a guarantee not a penny sees Phil 'I can't handle criticism so I just tell everyone to fuck off instead' Fish.

It says a lot when the ego of a game's developer overshadows the game itself; nearly everything I've seen about Fez leads to "Phil Fish is a bastard" or something similar.

Which he most certainly is, but still.
    Most of the site is blissfully ignorant about the whole issue, but maybe its for the better so they can just enjoy the game for what it is. And unfortunately you're just going to have to pirate it if you don't want Phil to get any of your money.
  • CASS190684CASS190684263,655
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 19:34
    Think I'm going to pass on all these and see what the next few days brings instead. Not a bad day of sales though - hopefully the rest will be something worthwhile too.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Mince Pie 77Mince Pie 77384,132
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 19:41
    Good prices but I have far too many backlog games at the mo!
  • sonnyforplesonnyforple1,569,443
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 20:10
    Spelunky and Terraria are such good games, some of the best live arcade this generation. If you are planning on 100% the achievements on these, good luck, especially on Spelunky, but don't let that ruin experiencing how great it is.
  • Posted on 18 December 13 at 20:50
    Gonna have to pick up Fez at that price :)
  • deutschZuiddeutschZuid648,488
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 20:53
    HingedMonster said:
    Scoochi2 said:
    OOoops. Bloody work calling me in for overtime made me forget to pick up the BL2 season pass.

Ah well. 12:30pm the next day and it's still on it's discounted price. Sold! :D
    I almost bought it but decided to wait patiently until a GOTY edition is released and is cheaper than the current season pass price. #superscrimping
    I don't understand. Why would you use hashtags in a forum post??
  • Gannon94Gannon94517,393
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 21:13
    Feckin' bought Terraria the night before last for full price... Microsoft thou ar't a cruel bitch
    Gannon94
  • ScenemanSceneman468,007
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 21:23, Edited on 18 December 13 at 21:25 by Sceneman
    Spelunky is an absolute steal at that price. My GOTY 2013, I paid full price and it's worth every cent. It's a masterpiece of game design and balancing, but oh so torturous.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,498
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 21:39
    deutschZuid said:
    HingedMonster said:
    Scoochi2 said:
    OOoops. Bloody work calling me in for overtime made me forget to pick up the BL2 season pass.

I almost bought it but decided to wait patiently until a GOTY edition is released and is cheaper than the current season pass price. #superscrimping
    Because some people see this as a Facebook for gaming? Dunno roll
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • caelichcaelich126,896
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 21:45
    Ryot Control said:
    Doominatorx6 said:
    I would only get Fez if there was a guarantee not a penny sees Phil 'I can't handle criticism so I just tell everyone to fuck off instead' Fish.

It says a lot when the ego of a game's developer overshadows the game itself; nearly everything I've seen about Fez leads to "Phil Fish is a bastard" or something similar.

Most of the site is blissfully ignorant about the whole issue, but maybe its for the better so they can just enjoy the game for what it is. And unfortunately you're just going to have to pirate it if you don't want Phil to get any of your money.
    Not liking somebody is not an excuse to pirate from them. However you may feel about him, he spent a long time working on that game and deserves to be paid for his work just like you or I.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Posted on 18 December 13 at 21:57
    Ryot Control said:
    Doominatorx6 said:

Hey now, go watch Indie Game, he's a bit of a nutjob, but he's been through a lot to give birth to his baby, and he had some valid points, and at 3.75 he is NOT getting much after the MSFT cut.

Lets be brutally honest here, bitter or not, he was RIGHT, game patches should not cost $ 40,000 US each, after the first one, That MSFT policy was really bad, and encouraged games and ACHIEVEMENTS to go unfixed for too long. I would say he was actually instrumental to getting that policy reversed, and probably influenced the new Xbox one pro-indie setup, that strips away the heavy-handed costs to self publish a game, and you have him to thank that these indie games that you clearly love, because you still want them, can now be patched as much as needed to make them playable and completable, achievement-wise.
    Your financial solution
  • Sera Di SiahSera Di Siah1,305,330
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 22:32
    MC0REBE said:
    deutschZuid said:
    HingedMonster said:
    Scoochi2 said:

#CauseSwagYolo1337GOML187rudeboi .... :D
    We're floating into the Sunset ~
  • caelichcaelich126,896
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 22:34, Edited on 18 December 13 at 22:35 by caelich
    triplewitching said:
    Hey now, go watch Indie Game, he's a bit of a nutjob, but he's been through a lot to give birth to his baby, and he had some valid points, and at 3.75 he is NOT getting much after the MSFT cut.
    Indeed. What I took from that movie is that he was someone who cared a lot about what he was creating. I wish more people put that kind of care into the things they made, instead of pumping out garbage sequel year after year.

Sure he said some things that I probably wouldn't have, but he was also in the spotlight and taking flak from many other people. In that situation, I'd probably say some things I'd regret, as would most of us.
    I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • TempeauTempeau195,101
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 23:38
    Hello it's nearly 2014 and I'm here to make a fuss about Rude Fez Man.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE628,498
    Posted on 18 December 13 at 23:38
    Sera Di Siah said:
    MC0REBE said:
    deutschZuid said:
    HingedMonster said:
    Scoochi2 said:

#CauseSwagYolo1337GOML187rudeboi .... :D
    laugh
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I580,696
    Posted on 19 December 13 at 00:06
    Anyone know if the Countdown deals list has been leaked ahead of time?
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven620,962
    Posted on 19 December 13 at 01:42
    Fez is a great game! With an even better soundtrack! Disasterpeace did all the chiptunes and they are so amazingly good. My ears love Fez.
  • marklynxmarklynx2,732,143
    Posted on 19 December 13 at 02:23
    Picked up Fez.
  • Posted on 19 December 13 at 03:55
    Day 3

Forza Horizon 50%
    Forza Horizon Season Pass 70%
    A passion for sound
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads