Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Windows Phone Games Delisted

• Archer RivalArcher Rival404,382
  • Fadi kunFadi kun386,687
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 17:57Permalink
    Games with achievements are the only reason I have a windows phone... They are delisting games quicker than they are releasing new ones.
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42612,872
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 18:09Permalink
    These were the same games unexpectedly discounted two weeks ago. I'm guessing something is glitchy with the Store.

Or maybe Gameloft has taken Brain Challenge down to fix the unobtainable achievements. Just kidding. AFAIK, Gameloft has only ever fixed one game, Ice Age Village.
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha944,955
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 18:25Permalink
    can they still be redownloaded if you have them already
  • Evil KenivlEvil Kenivl677,702
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 18:31Permalink
    Glad i picked them up while they were reduced...
    Gaming since 1990!
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude710,961
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 18:33Permalink
    I have Assassin's Creed and Uno. Brain Challenge has unobtainables so I don't care.
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator431,551
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 18:52Permalink
    ^this
  • pezza888pezza888120,191
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:00Permalink
    Hmm wouln't have minded uno at some point, but oh well.
  • Hurricane HamHurricane Ham1,887,876
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:08Permalink
    Kyuubi Alpha said:
    can they still be redownloaded if you have them already
    No
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo169,159
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:16Permalink
    This is becoming scary. The worst part being that you can't even re-download stuff once it gets delisted. Of the three above, I would have loved to play UNO. That's also a bit surprising, with how popular the game is. I've had a Windows Phone now for ten months, and I have yet to play any games for it. I really should, at the least, grab the ones I really care about (assuming they are complete-able to begin with, and don't rely on special servers or something where I could get screwed halfway through haha.)
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:25Permalink
    Not gonna lie, it's making me pretty angry that games are constantly being delisted. Whatever the issue is, if I've spent money on it in the past, I should own it. This is my main concern with downloads in the first place. It is appalling that these games disappear and can't be downloaded, and some of them are really high regarded games. Doodle jump disappeared quite a while ago now on the market place, not too long before the kinect version came out, and it never returned. Can someone explain how that makes sense? I love WP but honestly, with the quality of my current phone for the price I pay anyway, I'm really not happy with their current service.
  • MtldMtld1,501,612
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:29Permalink
    Doodle Jump is a special case, because the makers of the game took it down, to re-release it themselves.

However, I agree : with all these games disappearing every week on WP, and GFWL shutting down next year, the future for Windows games on peripheral platforms looks grim...
  • JamPound32JamPound32916,343
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:34Permalink
    Damnit, i was going to buy assassins creed when i upgraded my phone as my current one can't play it. :(
  • z Mr Man zz Mr Man z266,758
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:39Permalink
    MathGuy42 said:
    Or maybe Gameloft has taken Brain Challenge down to fix the unobtainable achievements. Just kidding. AFAIK, Gameloft has only ever fixed one game, Ice Age Village.
    Gameloft doesn't fix games. That's just ridiculous! I really do wish they'd fix that bug though...

Also, I'm glad that I already own all three of these. I just hope this trend stops before there's no more games :(
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:13Permalink
    Assassin's Creed being taken down saves me from having to tell people what a terrible load that game was, so I call it a good sign. Still, have to wonder why they're being taken down at all. Are the calls to fix things getting too annoying for the developers?
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513436,537
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:16Permalink
    Ok, I own all these game thankfully I didn't uninstall Brain Challenge to make room for Parking Mania. Even though it has a bunch of unachievables, it's still fun to play.
    On another topic, can I have more than one Wp7 with my profile and not be on a phone company contract?? Would like to download the 6 other games I can't fit on my phone.
  • YinYin996,506
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:21, Edited on 09 October 13 at 20:22 by YinPermalink
    BROOKER 513 said:
    Ok, I own all these game thankfully I didn't uninstall Brain Challenge to make room for Parking Mania. Even though it has a bunch of unachievables, it's still fun to play.
    On another topic, can I have more than one Wp7 with my profile and not be on a phone company contract?? Would like to download the 6 other games I can't fit on my phone.
    I have an HTC Trophy 7 without a SIM card that I use to play games that are not compatible with my HTC 8x. I can use both phones simultaneous and still unlock achievements.

The phones can make use of local wi-fi without having a SIM card, so I cannot imagine them not working.
  • redjarmanredjarman389,791
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:27Permalink
    Well, there's Uno with Friends, Brain Challenge was broken anyway, and Assassin's Creed is getting an HD version isn't it?
    Nothing really lost here
  • CrandyCrandy707,412
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:33Permalink
    You can use Windows Phones for gaming without ever having a mobile provider. I personally hate Windows Phone OS so I bought a WP exclusively for gaming. You just need a WIFI connection to download your games and update your achievements on Xbox.com.
    -Randy Twoseventwoseven
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.