Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Windows Phone Games Delisted

• Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:38
    Uno going down doesn't surprise me, considering Gameloft has a F2P Uno on the marketplace now.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • SpilnerSpilner806,140
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:47
    Bollocks now I'll have to complete assassins creed before I upgrade my phone
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:53
    Wtf? Another game I can't finish off & can't complete FFS!!
  • RheinadlerRheinadler254,180
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:59
    They should announce delisting of games in good time.
  • wbswbs915,968
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 21:42, Edited on 09 October 13 at 21:44 by wbs
    Yes I actually own all of these I finished Uno but hopefully I didn't delete Brain Challenge before I get all the obtainable achievements. Damn my lack of phone memory all these delisting are going to put me into another panick buying spree that must be why they do all these delistings.
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27182,362
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 21:59, Edited on 10 October 13 at 05:35 by drabik
    great, i bought Uno back in the WP7 days, now i can't even reinstall them on my WP8 because of this. 5$ wasted again, not counting 3$ before with chicken's cant fly, Crimson dragon and monster burner. Thank you again Gameloft. I am never gonna buy or download any more Gameloft games seriously. They are either broken and glitched or they remove them for X reason.

Gameloft either change OS platform and leave WP alone or fix your damn games. You have more games with broken chievos than non broken games.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead544,528
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 22:06
    flosta32 said:
    They should announce delisting of games in good time.
    Totally agree. Some people cannot have every game they have ever bought installed on their phone at the same time. At least if they give a warning people can make the choice to download it again while they still can.

There seems to be a trend in one final discount before removal. When all the Forza 3 DLC was reduced to about $1, I warned that it may be about to disappear and about a week later it was gone. I expect it is about the time the publisher is asked if they want to renew their marketplace licence for another year and they look at the number sold in the previous year and decide not to, but might as well try and squeeze a few more bucks out of it before it is taken down for good.

They should run the WP servers the same as the 360 Live servers, where even if content is removed from the marketplace people who bought it can still redownload it. I have only come across a few pieces of content that can't be redownloaded. This is until they turn of the 360 Live servers of course, which going on when they turned off the Xbox Live servers, hopefully won't happen until about 2018.

Nothing lasts forever, at some point your Xbox 360 will break and you will not be able to play all your disk based games either.
  • Linkx41Linkx4167,417
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 22:07
    Ah yes WP7, you are slowly being discontinued. That's what I think is going to happen over the next year. And then you will have to get a WP8.
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 22:42, Edited on 09 October 13 at 22:44 by zzUrbanSpaceman
    It looks to me as if all three of these games are actually still available. I note that they all now have a "HD" stamped on their page. Perhaps they were pulled temporarily while they were being updated?

Assassin's Creed: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/assassin-creed-a...

Uno: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/uno/d20249f6-40d...

Brain Challenge: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/brain-challenge-...
    I fix stuff.
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 23:17
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:
    It looks to me as if all three of these games are actually still available. I note that they all now have a "HD" stamped on their page. Perhaps they were pulled temporarily while they were being updated?

Assassin's Creed: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/assassin-creed-a...

Uno: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/uno/d20249f6-40d...

Brain Challenge: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/store/app/brain-challenge-...
    They all had the "HD" on their game tile before hand. Notice how the Brain Challenge game is called "Brain Challenge HD". I signed in anyway, and I got "not available for your phone" on all of them (Lumia 822).
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 23:29
    If it's truly delisted it will say "This app is no longer published" regardless of your phone.

"Not available for your phone" is what's used when they determine your phone specs aren't up to it. Maybe they bumped the specs up by accident?

Anyone got a Lumia 1020 or something to check them with?
    I fix stuff.
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 00:45
    I'm still pissed about the Star Wars Tower Defense game getting delisted as well as the Crackdown Tower Defense game dying. I loved Project Sunburst and there still isn't anything like it :-(
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 00:59
    The UNO game was a bore compared to UNO & Friends, which I find quite entertaining. But it was also much easier to complete.
  • CRAZE KILERCRAZE KILER1,138,992
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 01:28
    Whoever didnt get assassins creed really dodged a bullet, the controls make the game almost unplayable. At least for me they are
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 02:24
    shock I can't believe these are delisted now as well.
    Is shooting bullets not cool enough for you? Buy a Maliwan and light some people on fire!
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 02:34
    No offence, but WP is just not that good a gaming platform. I mean, its fine for casual games, but the prices are so low that more than a few games come out with glitchy achievements, and they are never fixed. The phones mostly don't have the space to store that many games, and there is clearly some behind the scenes stuff that is making them drop off the marketplace.

Honestly, most of the games are fairly hard for achievements, so you might want to not have much of a backlog, as I could see ALL the WP 7 games going down at some point in the not so distant future, 2 years, maybe, when WP 9 drops.

Actually, I could even see the whole product get Zuned at some point, as the non-game app support is already meh, and the Android OS and iPhone sells so much better than all Windows phones combined
    Your financial solution
  • CASS190684CASS190684242,460
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 06:01
    I'm really not liking this current trend of WP games being delisted...
    I won't be deleting anything from my phone in future if I can help it. Too bad if I run out of storage space though, seeing as though you can't use memory cards roll
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 07:16, Edited on 10 October 13 at 07:22 by xPut Name Herex
    CASS190684 said:
    I'm really not liking this current trend of WP games being delisted...
    I won't be deleting anything from my phone in future if I can help it. Too bad if I run out of storage space though, seeing as though you can't use memory cards roll
    Depends on your phone model. My Nokia Lumia 822 accepts them, as did my HTC Trophy before that (was a factor in my purchase decision).
  • darth3piodarth3pio83,793 83,793 GamerScore
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 09:39, Edited on 10 October 13 at 09:42 by darth3pio
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:
    Anyone got a Lumia 1020 or something to check them with?
    Lumia 1020 here. It's blocked off. Also blocked on my HTC Titan.

Given you can still download the last build from the store page, has anyone tried installing on a WP8 device that supports expandable storage? Side-loading my be an option.
    Current Gaming Devices - HTC x310e - P8Z77-V Pro; 8GB RAM; Intel Core i7-2600K; GTX570
  • coipcoip195,509
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 10:01
    ShinUkyo said:
    This is becoming scary. The worst part being that you can't even re-download stuff once it gets delisted. Of the three above, I would have loved to play UNO. That's also a bit surprising, with how popular the game is. I've had a Windows Phone now for ten months, and I have yet to play any games for it. I really should, at the least, grab the ones I really care about (assuming they are complete-able to begin with, and don't rely on special servers or something where I could get screwed halfway through haha.)
    There are quite a few really solid Xbox games on Windows Phone. I don't know what your interests are, but here are my favorite paid games by genre:
    Best Board: Carcassonne
    Best Kids: Mush
    Best Platformer: Mirror's Edge
    Best Puzzle: Hexic Rush
    Best Racing: Asphalt 7 Heat
    Best RPG (online): Order & Chaos
    Best RPG (turn-based: Chaos Rings
    Best FPS: Modern Combat 4
    Best Shooter: Halo Spartan Assault
    Best Strategy: Skulls of the Shogun

As for the recent trend of games getting delisted, it is disconcerting, I agree. Why delist them? My guess is that they were getting a lot of performance complaints for those games and they pulled them and told the developers to fix them if they want them relisted. I bet most of the developers won't since most of those games are old.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.