Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection Dated

• litepinklitepink287,972
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 19:55Permalink
    I wish I had realized this was coming out. I just bought the overpriced DLC for LoS a little over a month ago.
  • InfomoonInfomoon202,374
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:03Permalink
    That cover art looks awesome.
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:19Permalink
    I just borrowed LoS from a friend when this was this announced. Put the game down until then wink
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassador | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:20Permalink
    It was spotted on Play Asia a month ago but now it's official
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1359/60/1359604625932.gif
  • redjarmanredjarman365,391
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:25Permalink
    Ugh, I wish this God of War style Castlevania would go away and Symphony of the Night style would come back.
  • MacWhyteMacWhyte241,056
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 20:36Permalink
    Oh man. This brings back memories of beating the Forgotten One on Paladin. Good times!
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 21:30Permalink
    I'm so on this. Time to finish this game. dance
  • Posted on 09 October 13 at 21:33Permalink
    redjarman said:
    Ugh, I wish this God of War style Castlevania would go away and Symphony of the Night style would come back.
    toasttoasttoast
  • TomjehTomjeh1,007,713
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 21:50Permalink
    This is probably worth picking up for those still to play LoS, especially as it contains the horribly overpriced DLC which is essentially just sections of the game that were clearly not good enough to make the final cut. Kojima even said that in hindsight they never should have even released the DLC for LoS.
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater192,131
    Posted on 09 October 13 at 23:49Permalink
    glad i waited on getting LoS yesterday. awesome collection!
    Tater
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 00:50Permalink
    Price?
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic379,452
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 03:26Permalink
    redjarman said:
    ^This.

I was not impressed by LoS. Especially the trials-only-unlocked-after-beating-the-stage, the locked difficulty level, the collectibles, and the QTE heavy boss fights.

I doubt they'll ever be able to top SotN. It is, quite frankly, one of the pinnacles of gaming. It's the high water mark for the franchise, IMO.
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven369,802
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 03:33, Edited on 10 October 13 at 03:34 by Ultra SevenPermalink
    Hooded Claw 006 said:
    redjarman said:
    toasttoasttoast
    Mercury Steam is located in Spain. This entire game just screams Spanish art styles. No more Spanish Castlevania!!! I want a real Konami Castlevania made by Japanese in Japan like they were in the good old days! Stop subbing out to other companies, Konami...

No I am not saying this one was bad, but I'm just agreeing with the ones who think a real Konami developed release might be a good thing.
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge221,686
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 03:37Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:
    I doubt they'll ever be able to top SotN. It is, quite frankly, one of the pinnacles of gaming. It's the high water mark for the franchise, IMO.
    Most of the Castlevania games on Nintendo handhelds have done the series justice (With the exclusion of the most recent one).
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic379,452
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 04:05Permalink
    Jaggexedge said:
    Rhyolitic said:
    Most of the Castlevania games on Nintendo handhelds have done the series justice (With the exclusion of the most recent one).
    Wouldn't know. The last handheld I've had was a Gameboy Advance SP (w/the retro NES look).
  • DimitRiDelDimitRiDel150,982
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 06:54Permalink
    Stackable achievements?
    There is only one RETURN ok? And it aint of the king it's of the JEDI
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 07:57Permalink
    When will this game be available for pre-order? Day one purchase for sure
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje310,389
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 13:38Permalink
    Rhyolitic said:
    Jaggexedge said:
    Rhyolitic said:
    Wouldn't know. The last handheld I've had was a Gameboy Advance SP (w/the retro NES look).
    Then you did have access to Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow. All of them games that did the "Metroidvania" genre justice. Add me to the list of people who would love to see that type of game being released for the xbox, xbla would even make a lot of sense.
    And why not going even more retro? Do something similar as capcom did with Megaman 9 and 10: make a retro-style 2D Castlevania like the NES and SNES games! No weird gimmicks; just you with your whip and sub-weapons.
    A game as perfect as Super Castlevania appearing for xbla, wouldn't that be awesome? smile
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 20:17Permalink
    It won't be a day one purchase for me, but it's something I definitely plan on getting. I love Castlevania, but have yet to play through either of the games included.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.