Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone Deal of the Week: October 10th, 2013

• MtldMtld2,237,068
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 12:55
    I like the Windows Phone 8 mention next to the game name.

litepink, I agree with you, I've seen more and more efforts on TA to make this clear, and I think it should be added to all news threads.
  • litepinklitepink307,637
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 13:20
    Mtld said:

litepink, I agree with you, I've seen more and more efforts on TA to make this clear, and I think it should be added to all news threads.
    I appreciate the feedback and glad you noticed the effort put forth for more clarity.

We’ll continue to make it a habit of specifying (Windows Phone 8) if it’s exclusive to that OS. Previously I had been either mentioning it in the title, strapline, article text, or after the game title, but some standardization would be more appropriate so we’ll put it after the title here on out.
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • XtowersXtowers857,632
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 14:12
    Where's telepathy? I mean, that's just what Microsoft would do. A function doesn't work so instead of fixing it, they just remove it. I expected better from TA. Honestly...
  • PakhairPakhair474,104
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 15:14
    litepink said:
    Mtld said:

I appreciate the feedback and glad you noticed the effort put forth for more clarity.

We’ll continue to make it a habit of specifying (Windows Phone 8) if it’s exclusive to that OS.

Previously I had been either mentioning it in the title, strapline, article text, or after the game title, but some standardization would be more appropriate so we’ll put it after the title here on out.
    Thank You for acknowledging it, we highly appreciate you making notice and making an effort to change. I have something else to ask of you, how do people find if the game is 1GB only or 512 mb, I have found it pretty hard to do, am I missing something?
    y
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 15:20
    I guess the real question would be does the system let you purchase the game before you find out you can't play it because of space.
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 15:41
    is there a review for this game?

interested in gameplay, is it frustrating or pretty easy?
  • DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,423,980
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 17:23
    maaaaaaaaaybe?
    Amino Et Fide
  • Bob101910Bob101910856,964
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 17:55
    Pakhair said:
    Can anyone comfirm, doing WP latest update will delete my saves or not? I have been hesitant to do it since the latest update
    You only lose saves if you update using the flash method. You lose everything on your phone doing it that way.
  • Bob101910Bob101910856,964
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 17:56
    xMidget Furyx said:
    I guess the real question would be does the system let you purchase the game before you find out you can't play it because of space.
    Get the trial and see if it works.
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 18:01
    BOB101910 RFP said:
    xMidget Furyx said:
    Get the trial and see if it works.
    good idea
  • PakhairPakhair474,104
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 21:39
    BOB101910 RFP said:
    Pakhair said:
    Can anyone comfirm, doing WP latest update will delete my saves or not? I have been hesitant to do it since the latest update
    You only lose saves if you update using the flash method. You lose everything on your phone doing it that way.
    Thanks since 2 people confirmed it, it doesn't so am good.

One more thing I have no clue what flash method is, so simply putting am I right to assume updating my set from the prompt in phone every morning won't delete anything, right?

Thanks again :)
    y
  • MtldMtld2,237,068
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 22:15
    I plugged in my phone to my PC, downloaded Zune, and updated through there. My saves seem fine...
  • Mephisto4thewinMephisto4thewin3,086,546
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 22:23
    Yep I used the prompt to download the updates and all my games and save files were fine.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,143
    Posted on 10 October 13 at 22:24
    Mtld said:
    I plugged in my phone to my PC, downloaded Zune, and updated through there. My saves seem fine...
    You could only update through Zune for WP7. There's no connectivity for Zune on WP8.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Posted on 10 October 13 at 22:34
    You still plug your w8 phone to your PC for updates, if you want. Updates don't affect save files
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.