Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Review: Earth Defense Force 2025

AuthorMessage
knight0fkh0nshu
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:02
When bugs, spiders, and aliens invade...who you gonna call?

Please click here to read the story: Earth Defense Force 2025 Review
SilentRich69
SilentRich69
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:14
Got this myself a very good game, really deserves more attention than it gets.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
DeathBomMB007
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:17
so the guy only got 3 of the 50 achievements and played 12 hours WTF !! you would think he would have had many more achievements than that Will give this a miss and glad I never picked this 1 up! laughfacepalm
Be The Best!!
Kain Hellblade
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:29

Umm...... Ghost Busters? J/K this are good for a shooter fix all around for sure. I'm currently playing 2017.
Avianette
Avianette
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:33
DeathBomMB007 said:
so the guy only got 3 of the 50 achievements and played 12 hours WTF !! you would think he would have had many more achievements than that Will give this a miss and glad I never picked this 1 up! laughfacepalm
It is meant to be a time-consuming game if you are shooting (no pun intended) for it from an achievements' perspective. More bang for your buck so to speak.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:36
Such a great game! I love it! Best purchase so far this year!
knight0fkh0nshu
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:38
The reason why I didn't pop as many achievements (not that I would've gotten many more) is because I started over with each class so I could detail how each played. :)
The sun always sets, the moon always falls
Zedymieon77
Zedymieon77
Posted on 17 March 14 at 23:43
Looks fun, I want to get into this.
I am the proud owner of a Silver Crown in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Critical Mode Max Level 1.
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 18 March 14 at 00:11
DeathBomMB007 said:
using that logic, is avatar the best game ever made?
Dimmock
Dimmock
Posted on 18 March 14 at 00:19
EDF EDF EDF EDF

I am so glad this got a review, I did not think there was a chance in hell it would get one.
ZUS ROCKS! / SSCP -Veal is a lot like Dimmock, an acquired taste.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 18 March 14 at 00:40
Huge maps, huge bugs, huge guns, huge explosions, hugely cheesy dialogue. It's perfect! Love this game.

Great review, and thanks for doing it. As Dimmock said, I didn't think there was a chance in hell of it getting one.
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
matt the dragon
Posted on 18 March 14 at 00:46
.......... Harold ramis? Oh no whooops egon and died
SilentRich69
SilentRich69
Posted on 18 March 14 at 01:05
DeathBomMB007 said:
Stick to call of duty clearly you can't play anything with a real challenge.
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
Jaffa Cake King
Posted on 18 March 14 at 01:12, Edited on 18 March 14 at 01:22 by Jaffa Cake King
This game is pure chaotic fun. Explosions so massive that you lose all sense of where you are in relation to what's going on around you. A collection of weapons so vast that it would take a UN weapons inspection team a year to find them all. Cheesy dialogue with lots of screaming, yelling and singing. It always seems to be the same guy reporting that he's lost his team and he needs to retreat though, poor bloke.

I've reached 190+ hours now and i'm still not bored with it.

Oh and lets not forget the air tortoise missile. The comedy missile which you can launch and then outrun. Awesome stuff.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 18 March 14 at 01:19
Jaffa Cake King said:
This game is pure chaotic fun. Explosions so massive that you lose all sense of where you are in relation to what's going on around you. A collection of weapons so vast that it would take a UN weapons inspection team a year to find them all. Cheesy dialogue with lots of screaming, yelling and singing. It always seems to be the same guy reporting that he's lost his team and he needs to retreat though, poor bloke.
Wow that makes me really want to check out these games...
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 18 March 14 at 01:38
Awesome review!

I love this game, been importing the series since the PS2, lots of fun and 4 player online coop makes it even better!
RedBlinky
RedBlinky
Posted on 18 March 14 at 02:17
If your reading a review to figure out if u should get it u probably shouldn't. It tends to only be for people who know they will like irs cheesy over the top experience. Also I'm at 32 hours and 125 points.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 18 March 14 at 02:42
RedBlinky said:
If your reading a review to figure out if u should get it u probably shouldn't. It tends to only be for people who know they will like irs cheesy over the top experience. Also I'm at 32 hours and 125 points.
Yeah, there's really only 2 "easy" achievements in this game. I'm at about 75 hours in and 185 points (13 achievements). Definitely a grind-fest, but so much fun. I'll take this type of grind over a Seriously achievement any day.
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
Danky1227
Danky1227
Posted on 18 March 14 at 03:46
DeathBomMB007 said:
Im 42 hours in and have 8 achievements. Non stackable playthroughs, 85 levels, 4 character, and 4 difficulty based achievements with each character takes A LOT of time. So 16 playthroughs with 85 levels per playthrough is a little more time consuming than other games out there. But it's one of the most fun games I've played. Long live EDF!
spiral out...keep going....
Zalsha
Zalsha
Posted on 18 March 14 at 04:33
Danky1227 said:
DeathBomMB007 said:
Im 42 hours in and have 8 achievements. Non stackable playthroughs, 85 levels, 4 character, and 4 difficulty based achievements with each character takes A LOT of time. So 16 playthroughs with 85 levels per playthrough is a little more time consuming than other games out there. But it's one of the most fun games I've played. Long live EDF!
Considering this game was $10 less than typical full retail, it is absolutely more than worth it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.