The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Countdown to 2014 Daily Deals: December 20th, 2013

• Im LoganXPIm LoganXP318,425
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 18:24Permalink
    I really wish they would release a list showing what all the deals will be...some of us are sitting on our money expecting there to be something we really want. I just do not understand the marketing that is going on with these deals.
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 18:30Permalink
    Too bad they didn't put the regular Lord of Shadows on sale, it's the only one I don't have.
    Each One Teach One
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 18:43Permalink
    really ????? castlevania ??? shakes head not cool microsoft not cool
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 18:44, Edited on 20 December 13 at 18:45 by MetabolicFlamesPermalink
    RCBonk said:
    I've seen Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collection at GameStop ($39.99) and was definitely tempted to pick it up as it includes:
    •Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1
    •Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 DLC #1 - Reverie
    •Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 DLC #2 - Resurrection
    •Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD
    •Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Demo

My question is for anyone who has purchased it. Is it all disc based or are the Reverie and Resurrection DLCs and Mirror of Fate HD just download codes included? I am interested in those 3 components specifically as I own the original Lords of Shadow and am interested in playing through the DLCs as well as owning Mirror of Fate HD but would actually prefer it on disc if that is the case. Otherwise, I would be inclined to make the purchase of Mirror of Fate HD from the daily deal today if it is just a code for it. I'd appreciate any input on the specifics of the LoS Collection!
    Just looked on amazon, only LoS1 is on disc. Everything else is a dlc code.

http://www.amazon.com/Buyer-Beware-only-LoS-disc-/forum/FxY4...
  • MagnumZeroMagnumZero407,526
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 18:51Permalink
    To those of you on the fence about Mirror of Fate HD, just get it. 50% off and it just came out weeks ago isn't a bad sign. It's a good deal for those that didn't get it when it first showed up on XBLA. It's the link between Lords of Shadow 1 and 2. They claim you don't need to play it in order to get caught up for LoS2, but would you rather listen to the story or experience? If you like the latter option, get it.
  • RCBonkRCBonk144,785
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 19:23Permalink
    Very much appreciated finding that for me MetabolicFlames!! Sounds like exactly what I needed to know to make my purchasing decision much easier. I'll be picking up Mirror of Fate HD through the daily deal at that price for sure! Thanks again for spotting that!
  • ZymoticZymotic571,486
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 20:01, Edited on 20 December 13 at 20:12 by ZymoticPermalink
    R0B1N PL said:
    I'm sad there is no deal for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Id like to buy dlc's for it but 20$ is much overpriced... Looks like they dont get my money today :)
    I second this! I actually had the game at one point to which I paid under $15.00 brand new and later found out it had DLC that cost more than the actual game. I decided to just resell it and cut my losses.

Personally, I think there should be DLC sales that compete with PC prices. For instance, the Assassin's Creed III DLC on 360 costs $30.00, where as on PC it costs only $10.00 and goes on sale sometimes for $5.00. But I guess people on the 360 pay, so they will never lower the prices.

Roxas583 said:
    I really wish they would release a list showing what all the deals will be...some of us are sitting on our money expecting there to be something we really want. I just do not understand the marketing that is going on with these deals.
    That's the whole point. They want you to buy games and other content you otherwise would not buy because it's a 'good' deal. If they released a list of games which will go on sale and their prices, then the less popular games would get no love. This way they sell you the stuff you probably would not buy and the stuff you've been waiting to go on sale.
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje310,389
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 20:30Permalink
    Raezie said:
    The speedrunner in me wants to get SotN just to sequence break and drop a sub 20min clear, actually i wonder if those glitches are even known on here, would probably get soo many cheat accusations if i did it laugh
    The glitches in SotN are pretty famous so people should be able to make the link from sick leaderboard times to glitches. Gotta love the Heart Refreshes, eh?

That said, I think only the Sword Brothers glitch in the chapel was taken out of the xbla version?
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:22Permalink
    Never played a Castlevania game before so I will pass on today's deals.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 22:55Permalink
    CASS190684 said:
    Only played Castlevania on gameboy & it was a great game. I got SOTN on sale last year, but I still haven't popped any achievements for it yet. Tough completion??
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 23:40Permalink
    SotN is a must buy! If you have never played this, then the time is now! One of the top gaming gems of any generation!

Harmony of Despair is also fun, but wears thin without the DLC maps ( due to only 6 maps).

Picked up MoF myself, looks great!
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 00:32Permalink
    G O I7ofL 1 V E said:
    CASS190684 said:
    Only played Castlevania on gameboy & it was a great game. I got SOTN on sale last year, but I still haven't popped any achievements for it yet. Tough completion??
    It's cake completion if you know what you're doing. You may get lost in the castle at first, but it really isn't even that hard.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassador | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead471,609
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP318,425
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 01:24Permalink
    Zymotic said:
    Roxas583 said:
    That's the whole point. They want you to buy games and other content you otherwise would not buy because it's a 'good' deal. If they released a list of games which will go on sale and their prices, then the less popular games would get no love. This way they sell you the stuff you probably would not buy and the stuff you've been waiting to go on sale.
    Yeah, I see what they are trying to do. But for people like me, I am constantly waiting to see the sale that the next day brings. So, they are getting no money from me and they will get none if the very last sale is one that I do not want.
  • RockoxRockox98,364
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 06:55Permalink
    Thrashballer said:
    Probably going to pick up the extra characters for HoD.

If anyone needs help with the Boned or complete Hard Mode achievements, I'm willing to help. Just send me a message.
    That's very considerate of you Thrashballer.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator231,671
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 10:36Permalink
    still haven't gotten around to really playing SotN but always hearing good things about this game loll too bad I already bought it a whiles back during a diff sale :p this one is def the cheaper one tho!
  • Posted on 23 December 13 at 00:31Permalink
    Damm.. nothing for me now.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.