The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Gameloft Windows Phone Sale

• Kyotic GBabyKyotic GBaby866,568
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:01Permalink
    What's a good windows phone? Also does it matter if it's W7 or W8?
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
  • marklynxmarklynx1,731,649
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:09Permalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    If you want current and future games, get a WP8. Nokia Lumia 920 or 1020 would be the best in my opinion. If you want older games, then you can pick up a WP7 but don't expect too many new releases for it.
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:14Permalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    If you want a cheap WP8 the Lumia 520 goes for $50-$60 almost all the time, no contract required. You can just use wi-fi to download games.

The only downside is some games have requirements that this phone doesn't meet. Some games require 1 GB of RAM to run or something else. I have games I can't play on this phone that work just fine on others or even WP7 phones with more RAM.
  • CASS190684CASS190684242,168
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:20Permalink
    Nothing here of interest that I haven't already got. Although I did grab Real Racing 2 a couple days ago as it's got a small discount at the moment too.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:21Permalink
    Yeah, to second what Senior Chupon said, I have the 520 which I'm pretty happy with but it comes up short in the RAM category. The 920 would give you a larger variety of games to play on it.
    GT: BooneJusticius
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:32Permalink
    Ok guys another stupid question. I have a windows tablet that has W8 on it. This won't play those games cuz they are windows phones correct? Somebody needs to explain what the categories are?
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:36Permalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    Ok guys another stupid question. I have a windows tablet that has W8 on it. This won't play those games cuz they are windows phones correct? Somebody needs to explain what the categories are?
    That's correct. The tablet is basically a variation of a laptop with no connection to anything phone based.
    GT: BooneJusticius
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,148,445
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:40Permalink
    My Nokia Lumia 1020 is really crisp. Rock solid device.
  • Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:44Permalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    The best way to look at it is platforms.

Your primary platforms are:

Xbox 360
    Xbox One
    GFWL
    Windows 8 (Within this platform, some games require Windows 8.1)
    Windows Phone (Within this platform some games are WP7 only, some are WP8 only, some are WP8 Nokia exclusive only, and some can be installed on any version of WP. Additionally, some phones do not meet minimum requirements even if they are the right version. We don't list that here on TA since there's too many phone models. If you go to the purchase page you'll get a message if you can't purchase it saying your device doesn't meet the minimum requirements.)

There are other platforms, but they only one have game in each (It's the platform variations of Wordament)

Android
    iOS
    Web
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:44Permalink
    Last stupid question. There are W7 & W8 phones can't go backwards or forwards? So in order to play certain titles you need 2 separate phones? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the answers guys.
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:48, Edited on 20 December 13 at 21:49 by The GlobalizerPermalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    Last stupid question. There are W7 & W8 phones can't go backwards or forwards? So in order to play certain titles you need 2 separate phones? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for the answers guys.
    Some games are WP7 only, some are WP8 only, some work on both. The game pages on this site actually show this info.

EDIT: FYI, there are also a few manufacturer-specific games (Nokia-only).
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead538,872
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:56, Edited on 21 December 13 at 02:34 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises have been at $2.99 since 22nd November 2013.

Mass Effect Infiltrator $6.99 $3.99 / £2.99 / €3.99 / 4.49AUD / 5.99NZD

Infiltrator was also part of the November Nokia Collection sale but it was not discounted in all regions and it had returned to normal price.

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e580,044
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 22:01Permalink
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    The Nokia Lumia 520 sucks. Don't get it. Go with the 920 at least, if not better.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,015,264
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 22:18Permalink
    Assassin's Creed HD is not worth the eye gouging agony - even if they paid you $1.99. I regret ever starting it and the completion whore in me regrets finishing it even more.
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x274,126
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 22:43Permalink
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    The Nokia Lumia 520 sucks. Don't get it. Go with the 920 at least, if not better.
    I had a 520, the screen quality is shite. I took it back and got a Samsung ATIV S instead. Big screen, lots of storage & it takes MicroSD cards too.
  • TwistTwist298,861
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 22:55Permalink
    Still enjoying playing Uno, got it for free one the sly when it was first released clap

Might give the others a look though compute
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,000,056
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 00:39Permalink
    I actually really enjoyed assassins creed and bought it at £4. Its a short game and very simple but i had no problems with glitches and thought it was pretty damn fun. Definitely a must for fans of the franchise. Try the demo to see the very basic structure of the game - it gets better the further you are into it and the game can be completed in less than a day (few hours). Recommend.
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 00:50Permalink
    Sadly nothing for me :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.