The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Gameloft Windows Phone Sale

• boldfoxrdboldfoxrd391,360
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 01:49Permalink
    Assassin's Creed is certainly completable without too many problems. But the controls are awful. Track down the DS original. It's frustratingly unfair. Reminds me of Mario 64 on DS where the touch screen controls went horribly wrong.

But I guess I'll pick up Batman. Not cool that nearly all the games come with unobtainables. Something really needs to be done.
    RD`
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan1,000,056
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 02:16Permalink
    The Globalizer said:
    VixyNyan said:
    Enjoying https://www.trueachievements.com/Order--Chaos/achieveme....htm and hoping to reach LV60 very soon.
    How long does it take to get to level 60?
    It depends. If you keep playing non-stop, you can get it within a month or a few weeks. I play roughly 2-4 hour sessions everyday and I got halfway so far, and I picked the Mage. You could try other classes and see if those are better tho. The best way to get XP is through quests given by NPCs. If you keep at it, it won't take that long. toast
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead538,872
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,491,673
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 03:43Permalink
    Mass Effect: Infiltrator is indeed on sale and I finally picked it up. Why is it marked as "Nokia only" here on TA?
  • Chris8875Chris8875544,506
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 04:05Permalink
    Massive news with Temple Run 2 being released with achievements! There might still be life in Xbox enabled WP gaming yet ...
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 04:34Permalink
    x RepoUK x said:
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    What's a good windows phone? Also does it matter if it's W7 or W8?
    The Nokia Lumia 520 sucks. Don't get it. Go with the 920 at least, if not better.
    I had a 520, the screen quality is shite. I took it back and got a Samsung ATIV S instead. Big screen, lots of storage & it takes MicroSD cards too.
    I have a Nokia Lumina 521. its budget, but it handles most windows phone things. Screen brightness autoadjusts, which is really annoying. It takes SD cards, but that is not relevant to us, as you cannot put games or saves on the card. The 512 ram is the real limitation, you cannot play any of the more graphically intense games on the 521, so you are basically left with the simpler stuff. It can run i'd say 3/4ths of all the WP 8 stuff, so its ok, nothing special
    Your financial solution
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 09:19Permalink
    Gacys Clown said:
    Jake2355 said:
    Order & Chaos (WP)
    N.O.V.A. 3 (WP)
    The Dark Knight Rises (WP)

Too much work for a WP game.

The Amazing Spider-Man (WP)
    Let’s Golf 2 (WP)
    Brain Challenge HD (WP)

All have unobtainables.

Assassin's Creed (WP)

Owned.

UNO (WP)

Completed.

Sad to see nothing here for me. cry
    Sounds just like me.toast
    Same here. :D
  • CraphexCraphex519,256
    Posted on 21 December 13 at 10:28Permalink
    Grabbed Order and Chaos, lovely game. Reminds me of early WoW :D
    Craphex
  • oO KwaX OooO KwaX Oo200,324
  • Posted on 21 December 13 at 15:24Permalink
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Mass Effect: Infiltrator is indeed on sale and I finally picked it up. Why is it marked as "Nokia only" here on TA?
    Good catch. Fixed!
  • x RepoUK xx RepoUK x274,126
    Posted on 22 December 13 at 14:59Permalink
    triplewitching said:
    x RepoUK x said:
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    The Nokia Lumia 520 sucks. Don't get it. Go with the 920 at least, if not better.
    I had a 520, the screen quality is shite. I took it back and got a Samsung ATIV S instead. Big screen, lots of storage & it takes MicroSD cards too.
    I have a Nokia Lumina 521. its budget, but it handles most windows phone things. Screen brightness autoadjusts, which is really annoying. It takes SD cards, but that is not relevant to us, as you cannot put games or saves on the card. The 512 ram is the real limitation, you cannot play any of the more graphically intense games on the 521, so you are basically left with the simpler stuff. It can run i'd say 3/4ths of all the WP 8 stuff, so its ok, nothing special
    Photos, music and vids (and maps for some SatNav apps) can go on the SD card, leaves more space in main memory for apps.

Can't you turn the auto adjust off? You can with other phones, can't remember with the 520.

triplewitching said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Temple Run 2 (WP) FREE

(credit to MathGuy42 for bringing this one to my attention)

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
    Great deal, but it needs 1 GB of RAM cry
    512mb coming soon apparently.
  • Posted on 25 December 13 at 07:02Permalink
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:
    iAMxYUNGxGxBABY said:
    I have the 820, it's a great Windows Phone but the only downside is it lacks memory something nasty, had the memory completely maxed because i had so many WP games downloaded. Cant seem to download Halo Spartan Assault ether and that's with more than enough memory to spare. Definitely consider a Lumia 920 !
    The original DC's! Completing game's in an art.
    Posted on 25 December 13 at 09:49, Edited on 25 December 13 at 09:50 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    I never understood that even though there is a whole range of Nokia phones, there is only one worth buying. They really could just have the 8GB 520 and the 32GB 920. The 620, 720 and 820 are just more expensive versions of the 520. Luckily the place I work for see it the same way, so I got the 920. I expect support for WP8 games will stop before I fill that bad boy up (unless of course the 920 is upgradeable to WP9, but I doubt it).
    Posted on 02 January 14 at 21:26, Edited on 09 January 14 at 08:41 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    This sale is still running!

Doodle God is this weeks Red Strip Deal (again)

HolyHalfDead's Blog
  • Posted on 07 January 14 at 05:46Permalink
    I just got the Lumia 1520, thing is a beast! Very happy so far.
    LTspeirs
    Posted on 09 January 14 at 08:37, Edited on 09 January 14 at 08:40 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    This sale is STILL running!!!

Red Strip Deals until 16th January 2014
    Chaos Rings $4.99 USD / £3.99 GBP / $7.49 NZD

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.