Game Discussion: Trivial Pursuit Live!

Question & Answers Collection

• liviaroliviaro418,724
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 07:14
    Quickstarter
    Entertainment
    In the remake of True Grit, Jeff Bridges starred in the role that was originally played by whom? John Wayne

Last one from me since i'm done with the game now, BIG thanks to you spilner who have made this thread possible and to everyone who have contributed to it, couldn't have completed it this easy without all of you! :D
  • SpilnerSpilner1,113,930
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 10:24
    Mike Marcelais said:Which of these plays won the Pulitzer Prize for drama? A Streetcar Named Desire, Our Town, The Piano Lesson, Glengarry Glenn Ross, Fences, Rent, Diary of Anne Frank, Death of a SalesmanThe Piano Lesson is wrong. (Sorry, I didn't catch the correct answers when they were listed as it went by too quickly.)I did that one, are you sure its wrong?

Mike Marcelais said: In the movie The Hours, Nicole Kidman wore a prosthetic nose to portray what author? Virginia WoolfThis is in Quickstarter, Arts and Literature and the exact phrasing of the question is: "What English author did Nicole Kidman wear a prosthetic nose to portray in the film The Hours?Fixed.

Others all added, thanks.
  • Mike MarcelaisMike Marcelais1,190,565
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 14:01
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Posted on 15 October 15 at 14:06
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 05:00, Edited on 16 October 15 at 05:54 by Mike Marcelais
    BTW: Thanks so much for gathering this list together. Anyway, here's another batch.

Quickstart:

Entertainment: What 1990s TV series featured a hang-out named "The Peach Pit"? Beverly Hills, 90210
    Arts and Literature: Detective Comics issue no. 27, published in 1939, marked the first appearance of what superhero who went on to be featured in several blockbuster movies? Batman

Close Call:

Entertainment: As of 2013, which of these actors starred in the film with the highest score on RottenTomatoes.com? Brad Pitt

Rapid Fire:

History: What was the longest reigning monarch: Queen Victoria I
    Restored the Anglican Church as the Church of England: Queen Elizabeth I
    Spoke Nahuatl: The Aztecs
    Studied the stars: The Mayans
    Arts and Literature: Wrote the 1877 novel Anna Karenina: Leo Tolstoy
    Wrote the 1864 existentialist novel Notes from the Underground: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    Science and Nature: Are more aggressive: Crocodiles
    Are better adapted to living in seawater: Crocodiles
    Posted on 16 October 15 at 09:35
    Loads to add, all done, thanks! compute
    Posted on 17 October 15 at 05:44, Edited on 17 October 15 at 06:31 by Mike Marcelais
    I'm playing 5 games each night so this is update 3 of 5.

Quickstarter:

History: What leader succeeded Mikhail Gorbachev, becoming the first president of Russia? Boris Yeltsin
    What calendar system immediately preceded the Gregorian calendar? Julian Calendar
    Whose image will be on the UK's first "plastic" banknote in 2016? Winston Churchill
    Arts and Literature: What Canadian author wrote the award winning book, In the Skin of a Lion? Michael Ondaatje
    Who is the author of the Alex Cross detective series, including the books Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider? James Patterson
    Science and Nature: What profession is most commonly listed as the most dangerous in the world? Fishing
    Entertainment: What family is center stage on TV's Arrested Development: The Bluths
    Who won the first season of American Idol? Kelly Clarkson
    What is the name of Gargamel's cat in the children's program The Smurfs? Azrael

Grab Bag:

Science and Nature: Which of these elements is radioactive: Californium, Einsteinium, Neptunium, Plutonium, Polonium, Radium, Radon, Uranium

Close Call:

Arts and Literature: As of 2014, which of these Broadway plays has had the longest run of performances? Phantom of the Opera

Rapid Fire:

Entertainment: Enrolled in Harvard at age 16: Yo Yo Ma
    Was a member of the Three Tenors: Luciano Pavarotti
    Sports and Leisure: Is older by one year: Venus Williams
    Has won more grand slams, at 17: Serena Williams

Wrote the philosophical novel This Spoke Zarathustra. Friedrich NietzscheShould be Thus...
    Posted on 17 October 15 at 09:11
    Mike Marcelais said:Wrote the philosophical novel This Spoke Zarathustra. Friedrich NietzscheShould be Thus...Fixed and added the rest in
    Posted on 18 October 15 at 06:33
    Part 4 of 5:

Quickstarter:

Arts and Literature: What E. B. White character says, "people believe almost anything they see in print"? Charlotte
    History: Which of these presidents did not have a moustache while in office? Abraham Lincoln

Grab Bag:

Entertainment: Which of these characters are from the 1999 film The Matrix? Apoc, Cypher, Dozer, Morpheus, Neo, Switch, Tank, Trinity

Rapid Fire:

Entertainment: Starred William Shatner: Star Trek: The Original Series
    Was Emmy nominated for Best Dramatic Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Is commonly referred to as the "King of Monsters": Godzilla
    Was the victor of the first showdown in the 1962 film King Kong vs. Godzilla: King Kong
    Geography: Scares tourists with the legend of "Drop Bears": Australia
    Is home to wallabies: Australia
    Posted on 18 October 15 at 09:39
    compute
    Posted on 22 October 15 at 13:15
    Good news! Thanks to Mike Marcelais and his skills the collection is 100% complete.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182582,707
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 18:24
    RIN01's gamertag isn't linked to his gamertag. This gamertag is just typed.
    Posted on 28 October 15 at 18:29
    Maybe because he doesn't have an account on TA?
    Posted on 29 October 15 at 11:32
    CONKER1182 said:RIN01's gamertag isn't linked to his gamertag. This gamertag is just typed.They changed their tag and I don't know what the new one was so the text looks better than a broken url. Hardly an issue.
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,241,660
    Posted on 31 October 15 at 13:31
    I've been playing this over the last few days and I've definitely come across a handful of questions that aren't on the list. Maybe because I'm playing it in UK English mode but I'm not sure.
    @CatatonicNali - Prime directives: 1. Serve the public trust. 2. Protect the innocent. 3. Uphold the law.
    Posted on 31 October 15 at 14:02
    UK English has a separate question/answer list (although many are in common). Us dumb American's can't be expected to know anything about soccer football. laugh

See the zip file that is linked at the very start of the post. In there are the question sets for each language, including UK English.
    Posted on 31 October 15 at 15:36
    I just stuck with US English as that's what I wrote with originally and all my solutions and the WT use it so it was much easier to use that as the main list, but yes as Mike said ive linked his zip file with every language in it in the OP.
  • mosin360mosin360774,655
    Posted on 24 January 16 at 17:35
    Many thanks for this thread.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • Posted on 19 February 16 at 03:11
    Thank you guys very much! Got it first try
  • MattWMattW169,301 169,301 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 May 16 at 22:15
    Can't seem to get a hold of the file, one drive says it doesn't exist anymore or I don't have permissions? Any ideas?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads