Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Possible Assassin's Creed Settings

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,284,452
  • justinman114justinman114187,955
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:41
    I fear you guys are running out of quality material for these Top 10 lists.
    I am a leaf on the wind....watch how I soar.
  • KluckMyDuckKluckMyDuck386,611
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:42
    Great list. Wouldn't mind seeing all of these in future AC games, so long as they don't kill the story and fill the game with micro-transactions.
  • Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:48
    Top 5 heroic sacrifices
  • ArniePalmeesArniePalmees262,689
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:48
    I would buy the shit out of a Russian Revolution AC game.
    "The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist." -R.Lutece, 1889.
  • d3nn1s99999d3nn1s99999987,035
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:51
    justinman114 said:I fear you guys are running out of quality material for these Top 10 lists.From the article said: If you have an idea for a Top Five you'd like us to do, be sure to let us know in the comments!
  • Vandy316Vandy316387,800
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:53
    I never thought about seeing Assassin's Creed set during the Russian Revolution, I actually want to see that happen instead of Feudal Japan. Good Top Five.
    Vandy316
  • blueracer442blueracer442703,948
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:52
    My absolute favorite is the Japan one especially since it is the setting for one of my favorite animes. Rurouni Kenshin.
    Keep it Classy TA
  • Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:52
    We could always use more viking games.
    "In just one life, how can we live enough to rest in peace?"
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater208,304
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:53
    I know it's old, but you should have spoiler alerted "Eden".

Nifty list though. Viking, Egypt areas would most interest me. Too bad Dynasty Warriors has it completely covered, but 3 Kingdoms era China would be an interesting AC setting too.
    Tater
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,689,080
    Posted on 16 November 14 at 23:58
    The inquisition era with Columbus would be excellent. After black flag I really thought they could go that route. I've read a lot of history about that tome and would love to play in it.
    I call this my fortress of being alone by myself!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:01
    TA Top Five: DLC packs for Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Honourable Mention - Tempest Pack (Multiplayer Only)

wow this is good for seeing other people race the new boats

#3 - Hydro Thunder Theme

if you want your friends to be behind a boat with a wave then this is the theme for you it also makes your screen go blue mostly

#2 - Tempest Pack (Full Version)

like the honorable mention but comes with new boats and some new skins for your boats and also some courses like the one with the hole in the sea which takes you to the place where the big boats sleep and the bomb thing

#1 - Hydro Thunder Hurricane Trailer (HD)

beware of watching this before fastening your seat belt because this will blow you away im not kidding i saw this and fell over off of my chair because the sound was a good quality
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:06
    Kudos to Chewie. After seeing the post I read the article and was expecting the Russian revolution to be left out, only to be suprised it being the no. 1 of the list.

As all AC games always progressed in the timeline, I'm very interested where the next AC will go to. After the French revolution you only have 1848, WO1, WO2 and some conflicts after 1945 (Korea and Cuba come to mind). All settings I don't see how the current gamemechanics would work.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:13
    Nice list of possible settings. But i'm still wanting a modern day Assassins Creed. Where you actually play the entire game as Desmond, and its takes place around the world. So you could climb around New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, Kyoto, Moscow, London.

I'd also like to see one take place in London set around the industrial age, kind of like a Sherlock Holmes Assassin Creed. Or one set in the Wild West, i'd like to be an Assassin running across a train. Or one set in Europe during World War 1 and 2.

But if they were to do one based around the First Civilization, then maybe we could get cities like Atlantis
  • Lumberjay85Lumberjay85191,481
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:16
    Not bad possibilities. I like the idea of Roman Egypt; there are so many possible directions the game could go. I also really like the idea of the Russian Revolution as it is a content rich period of history practically untouched by the game industry.

On an unrelated note, I recently started playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. After marveling at the epic intro cinematic, I thought "Top Five Intro Cinematics" would be a nice idea for a list.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:18
    I've just imagined how Assassins Creed would be cool in 1900s Russia setting. Ofcourse, not cuz of I'm russian=)
  • GtechApocalypseGtechApocalypse1,798,760
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:20
    5 3,1 would be awesome in my opinion!
    Gtech
  • hawk synhawk syn128,739
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:27
    d3nn1s99999 said:justinman114 said:I fear you guys are running out of quality material for these Top 10 lists.From the article said: If you have an idea for a Top Five you'd like us to do, be sure to let us know in the comments!Ok if they read the comments they'd have a crap load of ideas. Yeah oddworld x throws out hydro thunder but he is comic relief in this and hey his comments are hilarious at best and not to mention that the comments they do read they have what a week to look into them and find a top 5 not to mention honorable mentions? I love reading these and have been bummed when they didn't have them but hey I can't say hey do mine about top 5 such and such
    Dude chill
  • DarthFracasDarthFracas291,687
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:28
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inqisition!
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 00:34
    Why not the Hulkamania Era?
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.