Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Possible Assassin's Creed Settings

• toddycsttoddycst707,830
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 04:48
    Spanish Inquisition and Russian Revolution yes. However, as a one time British Literature teacher, my number one choice would be starting with the time of Henry the VIII and ending in the English Renaissance. God, I could write a plot line for this one.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,205,941
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 05:24
    The only "problem" with the Russian Revolution/early 20th-century Russia is that Assassin Nikolai Orelov (genetic ancestor of Daniel Cross, who appeared in Assassin's Creed III) has already been represented in comic book form in Assassin's Creed: The Fall. He's involved in the Tunguska Event, meets Tsar Nicholas II, and even the Bolsheviks taking the country is portrayed.

So, I'm not sure they'd re-visit it, as The Fall is canonical to the series as a whole.
  • Jack KanophJack Kanoph263,784
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 05:47
    I could see any of these happening, knowing Ubisoft though, they would probably choose one that people least want to see. Here's to hoping Far Cry 4 is great, and their releases next year are as well! toast
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic578,499
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 06:06, Edited on 17 November 14 at 06:07 by Rhyolitic
    I never really got into the AC games in terms of playing (only played 1 & 2) as it just didn't hook me. I like the idea though.

Some places that might interest me for further AC games: Three Kingdoms period of China, the time frame when the Phonecians (sic) were active in the Mediterranean (this would make use of those sailing mechanics), World War I, Cold War era, Alexander the Great's time frame, and the Third Servile War in the Roman empire (the time of Spartacus).
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 06:15
    Top 5 button mashing games :D
  • hotcurls3088hotcurls30881,448,873
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 06:28
    I want a ancient Greece or Roman Assassins creed dance
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 06:52
    Top 5 Antiheroes would be good. I don't know if this has already been covered or if there are enough good ones but it is an intriguing topic in my opinion.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 06:58
    Captain Wilace said:Assassin Creed: Feudal Japan. Is the one and only theme that I would love to see in a Assassin Creed game.

The reason for that; is all the history and how that culture was back in those times.

Am bit shock that they still haven't done a game that's based in Japan. The only thing I can think of a reason why they haven't done Japan. Is because they will have nowhere to go that could over top Feudal Japan theme.
    Ubisoft has actually addressed this and said they are looking to do areas and time periods that haven't been covered by video games yet. For the most part, they've done a good job of that. The crusades had definitely been done, the Caribbean as well (to a lesser extent), and the American revolution probably (can't think of any major titles), but I don't think anyone had ever done Renaissance Italy or the French Revolution before.

Feudal Japan though, that has to be in the top five video game settings, after WWII, modern/slightly futuristic warfare, zombies apocalypse, and outer space.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 07:11
    Top five most beautiful landscapes/architecture
    Crowned
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,340,471
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 07:42
    Japan or Viking era. Yes please!!!
    Don't feed the trolls
  • PrinzHintzPrinzHintz760,922
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 08:05
    I read the layer from the unity box... There is a dlc involved which takes place in asia. Included in the season pass.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 14 at 09:38
    England during the rule of King Arthur, late 5th to early 6th century. True, his existence is debatable among historians, but Ubisoft could really make a good story of it anyway. You've got Merlin, whose magic could easily be explained by a Piece of Eden (maybe a staff) and of course you've got Excalibur which would also be a Piece of Eden. And the Lady in the Lake could be Minerva of Juno. There...done.
    Or maybe late 19th century in England during the terror of Jack the Ripper. That time period has always fascinated me.
  • DhukkaGERDhukkaGER246,949
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 09:45
    Great Top 5. I like the short but well excursions into history.
  • OjotangoOjotango217,832
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:03
    blueracer442 said:My absolute favorite is the Japan one especially since it is the setting for one of my favorite animes. Rurouni Kenshin. Or how about we actually get a Rurouni Kenshin game! I don't think any of the 5 or so that have been made have made it to the west. cry
    So much for pathos...
  • FK xCarnageFK xCarnage446,182
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:04
    Fantastic Top 5!
    52 retail completed 5 arcade completed
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:24
    I think many of these settings would be cool in some game, but not necessarily in an AC title. While Egypt, Cambodia, time of the Spanish Inquisition, and Vikings era would be cool, I believe they lack high buildings, which combined with the climbing and leaps of faith, are an important part of the AC games (for me at least). And before people come up with "But the pyramids are tall ...", yeah I know, but the other buildings weren't high then, I believe. wink

Japan would be cool, as well. But I don't think feudal Japan would be in an AC game, because the AC titles have always progressed in time, except AC IV, but there you play Connors grandpa, so there's still a direct link.
    Japan however would make sense in the late 1800's during the industrial revolution in Japan. Sort of like in "The last Samurai" the protagonist could be a Samurai and the Templars could be the ones bringing the newer technology to Japan. Something like that.

Russian Revolution would be awesome, IMO. Or maybe the time just after WWII as an Assassin, who hunts down German/Templar scientists who migrated to other countries or so. Maybe people like Wernher von Braun could also be Templars.
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:32, Edited on 17 November 14 at 10:38 by MosesChristus
    I'm quoting it so I hurt nobody's feelings (or the Forum Policy's):

I rogueGambit I said:...

This. Worst. Top five. Ever....
    In an attempt to deposit some productiveness to bring back a bit more quality to this topic with so much potential:

My suggestion: Top 5 scoredriven games
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata155,365
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:41
    Wow, great Top Five. All of these seem interesting, except for maybe Egypt, 'cause I don't think there were many buildings at that time, plus desert environment wouldn't work well with AC mechanics.
  • DANIELVSDANIELVS2,360,598
    Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:44
    Awesome list and also interesting educational read! smile
  • Posted on 17 November 14 at 10:51
    Ubisoft please make Russia revolution because Russia its my country.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads