Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Possible Assassin's Creed Settings

• Posted on 19 November 14 at 03:18
    lawman al said:The Assassin' s Creed franchise follows a set formula.

Pursuit of an elusive target, subsequent elimination of target, hop on the horsie, ride a ton of miles, jump from a tower into a haystack and miraculously survive, attempt to locate those lame fanions and ultimately do it all again in the next iteration.

Reminds me of the Nancy Drew series.
    Nancy Drew and the mystery of the Golden Obelisk.
    Nancy Drew zombie executioner.
    Nancy Drew Green Beret.

I am fascinated by people's enthusiasm for old wine in new bottles.
    Says the guy that has played 10 different Call of Duty games (well, 8 as 2 of the games are just Xbox One versions of games you've played on the 360).
    Xbox Community Level 15 | XCA: Rank 12 | ßeta: Rank 0 | EU: Rank 12 | Forums: Rank 3 | Assassin's Creed Initiates Level 23 | @HyruleBalverine
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris787,326
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 05:47
    Great list and topic for a top 5. egypt and japan is what ive wanted to see from the very begining.
  • HolyWarr27HolyWarr27615,563
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 07:34, Edited on 19 November 14 at 07:35 by HolyWarr27
    Atlantis - could get a bit out of the box with making new stuff that's not so history driven, could feel like a new game.
    Ghengis Khan and the horde invasion.
    Sparta/Athens - Greek era against the Persian
    Civil War - similar to AC3 but i think you could expand the area to more than a few cities to really get more out of the game.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant741,146
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 11:20
    HyruleBalverine said:lawman al said:The Assassin' s Creed franchise follows a set formula.

Pursuit of an elusive target, subsequent elimination of target, hop on the horsie, ride a ton of miles, jump from a tower into a haystack and miraculously survive, attempt to locate those lame fanions and ultimately do it all again in the next iteration.

Reminds me of the Nancy Drew series.
    Nancy Drew and the mystery of the Golden Obelisk.
    Nancy Drew zombie executioner.
    Nancy Drew Green Beret.

I am fascinated by people's enthusiasm for old wine in new bottles.
    Says the guy that has played 10 different Call of Duty games (well, 8 as 2 of the games are just Xbox One versions of games you've played on the 360).
    Haha, he has not even finished the storylines in all of the Assassin's Creed games he has started. Dude, if you dislike AC, why play 7 of them?
    Hey Niko, its your cousin! Let's go bowling!
  • Posted on 19 November 14 at 20:05, Edited on 19 November 14 at 20:07 by PunkRawkSoldier
    Riftrunner127 said:I want an AC game that's fully set in the here and now.They have one. It's called "WATCH_DOGS"! laugh

I'd like for them to delve further into the stories of the assassins mentioned in ACII

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

And ACIII was the worst of the series. Absolutely wretched. I'm glad they've gotten better since although I have yet to play Unity.
  • Posted on 20 November 14 at 00:00
    OfficerBarbrady said:Why not the Hulkamania Era?So the game would consist of fighting your way through 10,000 jobbers then an end boss who refuses to lose?
  • ZonaFan1ZonaFan173,448
    Posted on 29 December 14 at 21:10
    I want an Assassin's Creed game centered around Arthurian Legend. Give me King Arthur and Camelot, Merlin and Knights, chivalry and a code... Perhaps King Arthur as an Assassin and Lancelot a Templar spy? If you overlook the tiny detail of all the above being just a legend, it sounds like what Assassin's Creed games are made of...
  • Posted on 01 June 15 at 11:35
    Pretty sure Ubisoft said a long time ago that they'll never take the series to Japan.
    There is no "I" in "team." There also isn't a "u," a "we," an "us," or a "them," so who's playing?
  • Prince RolfPrince Rolf172,111
    Posted on 13 June 15 at 11:51, Edited on 13 June 15 at 12:56 by Prince Rolf
    Seeing as the Muslims wouldn't exist for another 580ish years so neither would templars for the Christians the Egypt setting might be a shot too far back for assassins and templars. Its still possible i suppose as they call cain the first templar but i wonder how they would fix that. Everything looks good except the Japan setting I get why allot of people want it but I'm not the least bit excited for one in japan.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant741,146
    Posted on 13 June 15 at 16:34
    Prince Rolf said:Seeing as the Muslims wouldn't exist for another 580ish years so neither would templars for the Christians the Egypt setting might be a shot too far back for assassins and templars. Its still possible i suppose as they call cain the first templar but i wonder how they would fix that. Everything looks good except the Japan setting I get why allot of people want it but I'm not the least bit excited for one in japan.The Templars and Assassin's are not aligned to any religion, as they have knowledge that the religion is created by man. The Templars pre-date Islam. They were involved in the Achaemenid Empire (550 BC), helped Xerxes I in Greece, whilst also present in the Qin Dynasty & Roman Empire.

Cleopatra was a Templar killed by the Assassin Amunet, as detailed in Assassin's Creed II lore. In Revelations, Ezio visits Amunet's tomb. Julius Caesar was the first major assassination and not much is known about the Assassin's activities from the time of the First Civilization - Roman Empire.
    Walkthroughs - Owner : 4: Latest: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Contributions: 3: Latest: Max Payne 3
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 July 17 at 08:19
    Can't wait to run around in Egypt
    Greetings Niko
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,029,451
    Posted on 17 October 19 at 15:27
    Looks like you were right about Egypt and Russia^^
  • gallardoSVKgallardoSVK198,964
    Posted on 29 November 20 at 20:10
    Guys, whoever wrote this article is a Nostradamus. You were absolutely right about Russia, Egypt, Vikings and partly even the Eden!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.