Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Reveals New Character

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt162,207
  • ZalshaZalsha402,466
    Posted on 17 August 14 at 22:27
    I read the subtitle to the article and guessed who it was supposed to be right away. It was too obvious that this wasn't a character in the DBZ universe, just a composite that you can customize yourself, which I do like. If this is closer to Budokai than the most recent releases, I will consider getting it.
  • Posted on 17 August 14 at 22:35
    i love dbz but this game is looking like ultimate tenkaichi
  • DigiLuigiDigiLuigi467,369
    Posted on 17 August 14 at 23:30
    It's Trunks, not Trunk.

I like the female Buu. Ultimately though, it comes down to gameplay, not characters.
  • Posted on 18 August 14 at 00:00
    Finally we get to make and play our own little girls. But seriously, Dragonball games lately have been horrible and this probably won't change that.
  • NUROK HOWLERNUROK HOWLER1,862,398
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 04:48
    It's Trunks not Trunk
  • Clod StriferClod Strifer312,209
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 05:11
    I saw this on another news site before but forgot if it was announced here or not, so got excited for a second that there was another surprise at an actual guest character that wouldn't be Naruto or Luffy.

I'm pretty "meh" to the DBO character re-use, but I'm game for trying custom characters on something that's not Ultimate Tenkaichi. Those female Majins still completely bug me though.

Now when do we get to the customization level where it's not just Dragonball and Dr. Slump related things and we get some nods to Toriyama's other works? Throw in a Spartan 1337 reference in the 360 version of the game, I'm sold.
    No, Luke. I killed Mufasa!
  • xTGExTGE359,202
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 05:29
    I want that younger looking Bulma omg
  • Posted on 18 August 14 at 06:20
    Young Bulma? I hope she's over 18 wink
  • MaesenkoMaesenko339,010
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 07:15
    Young Bulma? Or is that Bra?
  • Zenn PZenn P543,552
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 07:52
    I like what I see from Xenoverse so far. It seems they are trying to take the Dragonball fighting game series to another level of re-tooling into an MMO-esque style of gameplay. And so far, it looks to be going into the right direction in terms of starting back from the ground up. All the past DBZ games from this generation seem to just be revamps of a previous older series from the PS2 such as Burst Limit simply being a Budokai reboot and Raging Blast being a Budokai Tenkachi update. I would be the first to say it's time for something fresh, especially for an anime that stopped it's original run in America over a decade ago.

Any Dragonball products related to the Manga, Anime, Funimation, Toei Animation or Akira Toriyama are always a must-buy for me. I will continue to support any gaming releases they shell out for many years to come.
    The Fighting Katana
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,205,558
    Posted on 18 August 14 at 14:54
    Maesenko said:Young Bulma? Or is that Bra?Neither. It's an example of a player-created character.

This looks cool. I recently completed Ultimate Tenkaichi and Budokai HD Collection, so I'd be up for some more Dragon Ball games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 August 14 at 19:29
    Oh god! I don't even recognize half these characters.... I stopped watching after Z ended.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One706,966
    Posted on 19 August 14 at 01:25
    Female Buu?
    Whos stupid idea was it to call Xbox One Xbone? Lame.
  • SanadaSanada738,492
    Posted on 19 August 14 at 03:29
    Unless they give me some gameplay similar to that of Burst Limit I can't say the hype is there. At this point that's all I really want.
  • Posted on 19 August 14 at 09:22
    This is timeline inconsistent with the series, these characters should not all be alive at the same time, especially the original Saiyans. They were interesting characters from the series, but adult Trunks is like 1000's of times stronger then them, so they can't really fight each other, without suspending disbelief.
    Your financial solution
  • NEO CRIMS0NNEO CRIMS0N1,210,967
    Posted on 19 August 14 at 11:32
    Looks like we're going to take a page out of Dragon Ball: Heroes! Can't wait!
  • SanadaSanada738,492
    Posted on 19 August 14 at 16:43
    triplewitching said:This is timeline inconsistent with the series, these characters should not all be alive at the same time, especially the original Saiyans. They were interesting characters from the series, but adult Trunks is like 1000's of times stronger then them, so they can't really fight each other, without suspending disbelief.They've confirmed that it's some crazy AU storyline. If Dragonball games kept power levels in mind, it'd make for a boring experience given the fact so many characters would be useless.
  • TI GuidoTI Guido35,945
    Posted on 19 August 14 at 20:53
    I don't get why this article is written as if this announcement was a surprise. Users on this site even called out the custom character idea in the first article about the "new mystery" character. It makes it seem like the journalist is pandering to the publisher instead of discussing with the readers.

Video game journalism has a long way to go cry
  • BigNev44BigNev441,932,292
    Posted on 20 August 14 at 20:41
    I can't wait for this!

I gotta finish up on Raging Blast 1,2 and Burst Limit.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads