Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The First Alan Wake's AN Dev Diary

• Posted on 04 February 12 at 16:46
    blkalleykat said:
    Glad to see the series wasn't abandoned due to poor sales. Hopefully if this sells well the future retail releases will make a return
    Rumor has it that Alan Wake 2 will hit the NextBox, but no sooner.
  • HurballHurball492,411
    Posted on 04 February 12 at 18:36
    So Remedy create a beautiful, vivid world and fill it with a brilliantly interesting story. And then for the sequel, they strip all that out and make it an action packed shooter.

Urgh.
  • xL3N1NxL3N1N307,091
    Posted on 04 February 12 at 18:37
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    blkalleykat said:
    Glad to see the series wasn't abandoned due to poor sales. Hopefully if this sells well the future retail releases will make a return
    Rumor has it that Alan Wake 2 will hit the NextBox, but no sooner.
    I hope that isn't true but I can see it being so. cry
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0374,994
    Posted on 04 February 12 at 20:43
    Maybe if Remedy uses someone else's engine we will see more than one full retail title from them next gen.
  • HdawgerHdawger288,418
    Posted on 04 February 12 at 20:44
    I think this looks like a great spin-off/stand-alone type game. Really loved the original Alan Wake and I hope this sells immensely well! Really bummed cus I thought it came out on February 15th, not the 22nd.
  • Posted on 04 February 12 at 20:57
    iceman00behave said:
    Maybe if Remedy uses someone else's engine we will see more than one full retail title from them next gen.
    They spent five years building that engine -- first for an open world title, then a linear, focused game. Now that they have it, future games won't take as long.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0374,994
    Posted on 04 February 12 at 21:13
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    iceman00behave said:
    They spent five years building that engine -- first for an open world title, then a linear, focused game. Now that they have it, future games won't take as long.
    I understand all of that, but I imagine that the focus is starting to shift to the next generation of consoles. Some of the best games do come out at the end of a console's life, but they also tend to sell poorly. I doubt that they would use an Xbox 360 engine for any next gen title they make, and it doesn't seem worth it financially to throw resources at a game that will come out near the end of the 360's life cycle.
  • Posted on 05 February 12 at 01:32
    Looking forward to this with much anticipation! I have a feelig we will be seeing Alan wake 2 in the near future or as a core release title for the next Xbox console! headspin
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,723
    Posted on 05 February 12 at 04:28
    For the volume of content I'm not surprised it will be 1200MSP no doubt it will be well worth it. Just purchased 5K in points ready in time for Feb 22nd.
    "We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 February 12 at 22:08
    Looks sweeeeeeeeet
    Who Then Now?
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,379,648
    Posted on 06 February 12 at 16:58
    Really looking forward to this but I need to finish up the first one dammit!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads