Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Musou Orochi 2 Video Released

• MatrarchMatrarch1,381,373
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 14:47
    You might know that better as Warriors Orochi 3

Please click here to read the story: Musou Orochi 2 Video Released
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB202,407
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 14:58
    I'm honestly just impressed at this point. They managed to make the numbering of a second series confusing now? I'm sure I'll pick it up for around $25 in the long run. I always do with Koei slashers.
    Visit http://sebspot.wordpress.com/ for game reviews, movie reviews, and various angry ranting.
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:05
    I would prefer to see a Romance of the Three Kingdoms on a next-gen console already!
  • Fluster ZeroFluster Zero777,179
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:07
    OH MY GOD WARRIORS OROCHI 1 AND 2 ARE GOD TIER WHEN IT COMES TO DYNASTY WARRIORS GAMES. THIS IS PERFECT
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:07
    I loved the first 2 and will get this one at some point.. But numbering will get confusing....
  • HumpyrtonHumpyrton802,922
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:19
    Please no super grinding achievements
  • SHIN GRIMMSHIN GRIMM1,558,448
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:30
    suppose ill pick this up seeing as i 1k'd the first 2 games.
  • KretheanKrethean117,714
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:46
    Well, this is pretty good news imo. I'm very fond of the WO series largely because the setting is more original than past Warriors games, even if it is an excuse to merge two series together.

I wonder if the characters from DW Strikeforce 2 will make an appearance, like the WO characters appeared in DW Strikeforce. As well as the WO Z characters.

DW7 styled too, retaining the character swap... and likely with a large list of characters. Definitely will get it.
  • SpocKirkSpocKirk92,660
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:47
    Is Square Enix involved with the numbering somehow?
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=1455465 E.A.S.K.
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 15:59
    I just completed Warriors Orochi 2 (US) and I enjoyed it although some of the leveling and proficiency farming took a while (even with the guides...)
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 16:31
    fuck yes - i luv these games pure awsome hack and slash :-)
    hellsgateviper9 the destroyer
  • derekwst3derekwst3187,173
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 19:05
    i didnt like the dynasty warriors 6, havent played 7, but love samurai warriors 1 and 2, and the orochi series, they probally willl have the z characters and maybe add the troy warriors and fist of the north star characters,
  • Guirec730Guirec730354,850
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 19:46
    Since Warriors: Legends of Troy and DW 7 XL were confirmed to not be coming out on the 360, don't expect to see this on our console.
    State of the badass art.
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,381,373
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 20:23
    Guirec730 said:
    Since Warriors: Legends of Troy and DW 7 XL were confirmed to not be coming out on the 360, don't expect to see this on our console.
    From Koei:

Musou Orochi 2 will be released on December 22, 2011 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan.
    Whether or not it will come out here is another issue though. Not sure if you mean at all, but I just want to be clear.
  • psxfreak101psxfreak101188,817
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 21:46
    This'll fill the void left by a lack of 7XL for the 360. Absolutely LOVED the first two games: the gameplay, the storyline (yeah, its just an excuse to slap the two universes together, but the storyline in both of the previous games were quite interesting to me), the fact that its the same DW-style game that I know and love, etc. Assuming it makes its way outside of Japan, this is definitely a day 1 purchase. Here's hoping!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,189,454
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 21:52, Edited on 07 October 11 at 22:56 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    SebastianSB said:
    I'm honestly just impressed at this point. They managed to make the numbering of a second series confusing now? I'm sure I'll pick it up for around $25 in the long run. I always do with Koei slashers.
    I was impressed as well. Maybe it will become tradition.

Fluster Zero said:
    OH MY GOD WARRIORS OROCHI 1 AND 2 ARE GOD TIER WHEN IT COMES TO DYNASTY WARRIORS GAMES. THIS IS PERFECT
    I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO AGREE!

Matrarch said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Koei said:
    Musou Orochi 2 will be released on December 22, 2011 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan.
    Whether or not it will come out here is another issue though. Not sure if you mean at all, but I just want to be clear.
    Lets be honest here, 360 sucks in Japan. There is no reason for them to make a 360 version unless they are going to send it overseas. I'd consider an overseas release to be definite.

Also, SW3XL/E/WOZ were all PS3 exclusive and never got a US release. 7XL is an exception, and Troy was actually being developed for the 360 but it was canceled, the only thing Koei even said about it is that it was "broken". Rumors seem to persist about a December release for Troy though, and retailers seem to think that as well (Gamestop and Gamefly, specifically).

My point being, when 360 isn't in the picture, they don't port it stateside, when it is, they do. Makes sense since the 360 doesn't do that well in Japan, especially compared to Europe or the US.
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 22:23
    I most definitely want this game.
    Really need more games in all the Koei hack n slash games, only have DW5: Empires right now.
  • Posted on 07 October 11 at 22:37
    I might get this title it's a while since I played a DW style game.
  • AnavrynAnavryn540,031
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 22:38
    Heh, I was waiting to see Slimes response here. I've never played a game in the series, but if it's anything like DW then I may have to...
  • Amazing AZAmazing AZ686,026
    Posted on 07 October 11 at 23:13
    Nice, I think I will get this.
    Thee Am4z1n9 1 - I Am4z1n9 AZ I
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.