Game Discussion: CastleStorm – Definitive Edition

Worth Starting?

• CIutch CoreyCIutch Corey1,052,754
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 01:35Permalink
    Anyone have any opinion on this game? I'm thinking about starting it & going for the full completion as well
    C8rey
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,006,884
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 03:52Permalink
    So far I'm finding it to be a pretty easy completion. There are a few quests that are hard to get 5 stars on, but worst case scenario you just wait until you have a ton of gold and then upgrade to the point where it's easy. I'm having a ton of fun and earning achievements left and right.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon414,034
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 11:20Permalink
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:So far I'm finding it to be a pretty easy completion. There are a few quests that are hard to get 5 stars on, but worst case scenario you just wait until you have a ton of gold and then upgrade to the point where it's easy. I'm having a ton of fun and earning achievements left and right.Couldn't agree more. It does take time to complete just given the sheer amount of levels. But it is fairly easy, and you can grind out upgrades if you need them to get 5 stars. Definitely worth starting because it is very fun and has a lot of different levels and a Casual mode to make it even easier to pass a level.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am. Also an XBLA completion addict and Terraria Master.
  • BananaAARONBananaAARON361,761
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 23:38Permalink
    There's one mission in the Viking Elites campaign that's exceptionally difficult to get 5 stars on, but the rest are just grindy. If you have the patience for a trashy mobile game it's an easy 980G
  • thomaskoratthomaskorat396,602
    Posted on 11 May 15 at 23:45Permalink
    It's all right, it's not a tower defense but an "archery + send troops" smallgame.
  • Vr EnglishVr English650,244
    Posted on 12 May 15 at 12:15Permalink
    BananaAARON said:There's one mission in the Viking Elites campaign that's exceptionally difficult to get 5 stars on, but the rest are just grindy. If you have the patience for a trashy mobile game it's an easy 980GDon't agree with the last part but I agree its an easy 980g.
  • Dlonix13Dlonix13141,851
    Posted on 24 May 15 at 07:19Permalink
    IMO, if you are looking for fun.....then, no, it isnt really worth starting. I somehow got a free version a pretty good while back and I'm pretty sure it was from xbox.....as I definitely didnt buy it. It's just repetitive, grinding, and plain ol corny. I really tried to like it(and by that I mean I gave it at least three or so tries just to make sure because of mistakes I've made in the past. (Example: Roomie had Red Dead Redemption and I played the beginning part where youre going after rabbits or whatever on the horse and I was not a fan) Years later for some reason I tried it again and its now def in my top 20 of all time. Anyway....if you feel like grinding out some easy cheeves, I guess this is the game to do it on. I didnt know they were that easy, so I might give it another go sometime. If you want three fast, two out of the three fun and the other average games worth 1000g you should grab Child of Light, Never Alone, and that Fast and Furious Forza game. All three can be finished in a weekend and dont suck.
    ?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 May 15 at 00:47Permalink
    It's a fantastic game through and through.

Don't miss it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.