Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Leap Frog Week Three Update

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
TrueAchievements NewshoundTrueAchievements Social Manager6,927 posts
Last post: Today at 01:06
Posted on 11 May 15 at 11:04
An in-depth look at the third week of Leap Frog

Please click here to read the story: Leap Frog Week Three Update
Saikred
Saikred
Registered on 19 October 2009 (Year 2 - beta)176,431 TrueAchievement Points257 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 15:15
Posted on 11 May 15 at 11:11
Really starting to heat up now. Glad I didn't participate as I'd likely have been out by now, but tracking the progress of a few friends :)

Keep it up everyone.
Evenger Ostro
Evenger Ostro
Achievement Completion Percentage: 77.91% (Includes owned DLC) - 12 more achievements required to reach 78%215 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,854 posts
Last post: 09 Jun at 13:23
Posted on 11 May 15 at 11:40, Edited on 11 May 15 at 11:40 by Evenger Ostro
Gamers that have Earned the Exact Number of Required Achievements Only in All Fourteen Periods:* Twenty-One
I'm looking forward to seeing that statistic next week. 28 "perfect" periods would be a nice accomplishment already.
Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriously

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 15 at 11:54, Edited on 11 May 15 at 11:56 by
So the current count of 27 achievements a day is what has to be reached. I can see people doing that maybe once a week or off something like Defense Grid but to do that EVERY DAY is more than bordering on the sad. This competition represents everything to be avoided about TA. Pointless streaks and a drive beyond the norm that reveals itself to be unhealthy.

Edit: That said I can see someone with visual novels coming close to winning, I'd rather spend my time doing something else however.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Achievement Completion Percentage: 84.41% (Includes owned DLC) - 40 more achievements required to reach 85%TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.2777979 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 14:51
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:07, Edited on 11 May 15 at 12:24 by KinectKid333
Man I dropped out around period 15 and was proud because I made it in the top 500 but I only think I've had one or two days (I'd have to check my best days stats page) that I earned over 27 achievements on. Good job and good luck to everyone who is still in.

Edit: Just checked my best days, and I only have 3 days EVER where I have earned over 27 achievements. And I've been achievement hunting for a good 6 years now!
TangerineGamer
TrueAchievements ModeratorAchievement Completion Percentage: 99.80% (Includes owned DLC) - 1 more achievement required to reach 99.8%2,486 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 22:07
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:13
Riconoclast said:So the current count of 27 achievements a day is what has to be reached. I can see people doing that maybe once a week or off something like Defense Grid but to do that EVERY DAY is more than bordering on the sad. This competition represents everything to be avoided about TA. Pointless streaks and a drive beyond the norm that reveals itself to be unhealthy.

Edit: That said I can see someone with visual novels coming close to winning, I'd rather spend my time doing something else however.
Then don't get involved, don't be part of something if you don't agree with it. You appear to not like some things about TA, but no one cares about what you don't like about something.
Your comment is just attacking people that use this site for something you don't.

I assume your previous comment was along the same line and that's why it got deleted ... they are trying to tell you to STFU or GTFO as you are not helping or contributing to the conversation.
dropK1CK ninJA
TrueAchievements AdministratorTrueAchievements Moderator17,427 posts
Last post: Today at 02:34
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:16
Riconoclast said:So the current count of 27 achievements a day is what has to be reached. I can see people doing that maybe once a week or off something like Defense Grid but to do that EVERY DAY is more than bordering on the sad. This competition represents everything to be avoided about TA. Pointless streaks and a drive beyond the norm that reveals itself to be unhealthy.

Then don't participate and allow others to enjoy in it. I'd recommend avoiding these threads too.
This space for rent.
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
TrueAchievements AdministratorTrueAchievements Reported Content Manager16,432 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 16:49
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:19
Riconoclast said: ...This competition represents everything...The only 'sad' part is your apparent need to cast aspersions on a competition that has been very well received. Each to their own I guess but your opinion does seem a little unnecessary.
Mame Tobikomi!
Joshatron1205
Joshatron1205
289,602 TrueAchievement Points52 posts
Last post: 11 Apr at 10:25
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:47

Dude, we're all spending our time in the forums of an achievement hunting competition, none of us are exactly sat at the cool table, but we're all enjoying ourselves doing what we love so dont be so down on good people.
Flonk
Flonk
253,609 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.886023 posts
Last post: 31 Jan at 21:14
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:49
Is Leap Frog a new competion or did it run last year? If so, how many days did it run?
Btw I think this is a awesome competion, it's really fun to follow. Keep up the good work guys, hope someone reach at least 50 days smile
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Achievement Completion Percentage: 94.06% (Includes owned DLC) - 67 more achievements required to reach 95%177 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,523 posts
Last post: 23 Jun at 14:40
Posted on 11 May 15 at 12:53

I mostly agree with you, but please... let it go.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
Spilner
Spilner
1,362 solutions421 movies22,765 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 00:00
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:18
Flonk said:Is Leap Frog a new competion or did it run last year? If so, how many days did it run?
Btw I think this is a awesome competion, it's really fun to follow. Keep up the good work guys, hope someone reach at least 50 days smile
First year I believe (or at least 1st year run as a site comp using the comp coding)
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
162,829 TrueAchievement Points71 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,230 posts
Last post: 16 Jun at 18:43
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:34

If you would rather spend your time doing something else then why are you here?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:43
Currently watching a movie on TV whilst browsing the net. So now I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this contest? Does my opinion physically harm you in some way? If not than I suggest you lot take the advice of someone else in this thread and 'let it go' before this becomes less about having an opinion and more about freedom of speech. Simply appalling...
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:52
Freedom of speech on a privately owned site, good luck with that one champ wink
Evenger Ostro
Evenger Ostro
Achievement Completion Percentage: 77.91% (Includes owned DLC) - 12 more achievements required to reach 78%215 completed games(Includes owned DLC)1,854 posts
Last post: 09 Jun at 13:23
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:52
Based on your replies and your awesome blog, it's probably you who has been hurt, and yes, psyche can turn into physical pain, too.
There's a difference between having (and speaking out) an opinion and being anti-social while doing so (also freedom of speech is for everyone, you know, equality). In the end it's you who "fails at life" by wasting time on here and with video games instead of doing things you'd actually have fun with. Nobody forced you to join the contest, you still did and now you're just nerdy about it and its influences on people's life. Your arguments don't make logical sense and you're digging the hole deeper and deeper.
Live and let live. Go on. [popcorn]
Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriously

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:56
Oh yeah I'm absolutely bleeding over here! Nice try though.
amenazamenor JF
698,486 TrueAchievement Points253 completed games(Includes owned DLC)171 posts
Last post: 17 Apr at 19:36
Posted on 11 May 15 at 13:56, Edited on 11 May 15 at 13:57 by amenazamenor JF
Gotta love how an informative post like this one, that only aims to offer some interesting stats about the competition, always ends full of comments saying "this is sad", "people have no lives", "wah wah wah random bitching".

Gotta love how people labels this as "sad" or "pointless". You know, maybe some of us have fun with this. Maybe we want to see how far we get. Maybe others find "pointless" and "sad" playing crap games or sitting through eternal grinds for a few points, but, you know what? Nobody can judge. Each one to its own.

Gotta love how they say this is "unhealthy" or people "have no lives". I am currently active on the competition, and I still go to work, spend my time with friends and family and have a good sleep hours. So... wrong. When the day I can't continue arrives, well, that's it. And I'm sure a lot of people is in this same situation. Don't generalize.

Ah, the internet. Always full of wonderful stuff and omniscient superior beings.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 May 15 at 14:03
amenazamenor JF said:G

Ah, the internet. Always full of wonderful stuff and omniscient superior beings.
And people with differing opinions to yours! But 'flame on' or whatever the terminology is..
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 11 May 15 at 14:18
So the competition is going well, I reckon its all a rouse though since Rich is going to win judging by his terrible choice I games lately laugh

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.