Game Discussion: Karaoke Forum

Level 83 and STILL no DJ...

AuthorMessage
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 29 May 14 at 17:46
I have been grinding this game for three days straight. I managed to get from level 23 to 50 in two days, but I have seen not a single glimpse of a DJ.

I have enough drum sets, guitars, and keyboards to start about 20 more bands however. Needless to say, I'm starting to get irritated. Is there some way to get one that I'm missing? I've been focusing on the cheapest box so I can buy more. I literally just saved up 400,000 moolah, spent it all on boxes, no DJ.
Stifler4Life
Stifler4Life
Posted on 29 May 14 at 18:11
I've never seen one pop up in the cheap box, I played through the whole way only buying Silver Boxes and got like four total DJs.

Maybe try buying a few of those?
Loonielee
Loonielee
Posted on 29 May 14 at 22:44, Edited on 29 May 14 at 22:46 by Loonielee
A suggestion I read while trying to get the chorus (I think it was in the solution so props to whoever wrote it) was to go to the stage as if you were manually going to rearrange it and select the dj booth. It will say you don't have anything suitable.
Then back out and buy a couple of the silver boxes.
When it tried for the chorus, the microphone was the second thing I got. Hopefully you'll get the dj.

Hope you get lucky.
D1SCO
D1SCO
Posted on 30 May 14 at 00:51
I just got my first DJ at lvl 18 (and the keyboard in the next box) but I've only been buying the Silver boxes.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 30 May 14 at 02:55, Edited on 30 May 14 at 03:03 by Dark Death 90
Ok, sounds like I need to focus on silver boxes. Thanks guys.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 30 May 14 at 20:07
I only bought silver boxes as well and got all of them in those silver boxes.
http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
CRAZE KILER
CRAZE KILER
Posted on 31 May 14 at 02:29
If it makes you feel any better I got it at level 29 clap
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Itzz Sh0wt1m3
Posted on 01 June 14 at 17:25
Try and get some of the tickets from the festivals, or you might get lucky and a dj will be a reward fir finishing in a specific place in a festival. I've also heard people resetting their progress or something like that, not sure how it works but zi would use that as a final way if nothing else works.
x Darko74 x
x Darko74 x
Posted on 06 June 14 at 18:14
The cheap box is crap, just gives you stuff you already have all the time! I'm level 45 and still no drum set, so I feel your pain! laugh
Just keep grinding and saving up a load of moolah to get those silver box goodies, which a lot of the times still give you the same shit you already have but not as bad as the cheap box!

Good luck!
Darko
Oddworld X
Oddworld X
Posted on 06 July 14 at 21:17
The only type of boxes I bought up until level 52 were Silver boxes (The most expensive ones that don't require tickets to unlock).

I had every instrument done besides the Drums.

After leveling past 50, and not getting any luck I bought my very first standard chest (The cheapest one) and the first thing I unlocked was a set of drums. I Could have been really lucky, I don't know, I thought I'd post it here on the chance it might help someone finish this game.
Oddworld X
Groudon199
Groudon199
Posted on 07 July 14 at 09:09
Loonielee said:A suggestion I read while trying to get the chorus (I think it was in the solution so props to whoever wrote it) was to go to the stage as if you were manually going to rearrange it and select the dj booth. It will say you don't have anything suitable.
Then back out and buy a couple of the silver boxes.
When it tried for the chorus, the microphone was the second thing I got. Hopefully you'll get the dj.

Hope you get lucky.
There might be some truth to this (that, or this was a huge coincidence). After selecting the DJ slot, the third box I bought had a DJ table in it, and the next 3 also had it until I selected a different slot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.