Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Tiny Troopers Coming to Windows Phone and Win 8

• Dread ReaverDread Reaver392,184
  • Mr CordaMr Corda904,379
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 13:44
    It's good to see new Games on the win8 and wp platforms. Hope they release more games regularly.
  • acedawg4acedawg42,044,200
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 13:52
    Yeahhh somethin new!! Maybe now they can change up the weekly deals now :-)
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974453,623
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 14:03
    Mr Corda said:It's good to see new Games on the win8 and wp platforms. Hope they release more games regularly.It's especially good to see that a different developer than MS releases a new game. This entire year it's only been MS that has been releasing a few games. The rest of the developers seem to have jumped ship.
  • dale smeegledale smeegle589,772
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 14:17
    Hopefully a few more good games to come!
    My phones been a little neglected recently!
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,173,115
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 14:22
    EddieM1974 said:Mr Corda said:It's good to see new Games on the win8 and wp platforms. Hope they release more games regularly.It's especially good to see that a different developer than MS releases a new game. This entire year it's only been MS that has been releasing a few games. The rest of the developers seem to have jumped ship.only Ms? Ubisoft have released a few, so have ea with fifa 15 and rovio have maybe started supporting wp again? But i agree, i think Ms has been so focussed on pushing the xbox1 that they have ignored window phone games. If gameloft hadn't stopped supporting live-enabled games there would be lots. (but gamelofts games are normally buggy, broken messes) i remember when there used to be a new wp game every week, sometimes even 2 or 3. Now lucky if there is 1 a month
  • Ueki420Ueki420953,212
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 16:00
    Good seeing a new WP release but I won't buy WP games brand new anymore. Buggy and broken and will always go on sale sooner than later. Hopefully we can see a good release.
  • Kid VranicKid Vranic449,482
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 16:18
    Reminds me of Cannon Fodder back in de the day dance
    There is no Spoon
  • Posted on 18 November 14 at 16:32, Edited on 18 November 14 at 16:32 by MrZombieChicken
    If it weren't for the dearth of WP & Win8 games I would say more about how crappy and uninteresting this game looks. I just hope they price it right. This definitely is not a $3+ game.
  • WOODY2211WOODY22111,338,233
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 16:46
    Cannon Fodder anyone?? More WP and WIN 8 games!!!!
  • Posted on 18 November 14 at 17:17
    Cannon fodder, that was a good title on the SNES back in the1980s.
    'War has never been so much fun' it said on the case which, as I recollect, summed it up fairly right - on the SNES.
    There are quite a few titles over the years that have not been re-released, due to their graphics being too 'blocky'; but if Minecraft can make it, then perhaps a few of the old titles (specifically those with good gameplay) could be re-released, even if only on WP rather than full console/PC.
  • spyrobospyrobo387,966
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 17:59
    Looks like a very fun game
    hi...
  • GiinceeGiincee468,040
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 18:01
    Yes! Good to see something new :)
  • BeachemBeachem445,818
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 18:09
    Awesome! Look forward to playing this
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Watty8883Watty88832,094,151
    Posted on 18 November 14 at 21:02
    TheBronzeOracle said:Cannon fodder, that was a good title on the SNES back in the1980s.
    'War has never been so much fun' it said on the case which, as I recollect, summed it up fairly right - on the SNES.
    There are quite a few titles over the years that have not been re-released, due to their graphics being too 'blocky'; but if Minecraft can make it, then perhaps a few of the old titles (specifically those with good gameplay) could be re-released, even if only on WP rather than full console/PC.
    Someone needs a history lesson lol.Game looks solid.
  • coipcoip222,948
    Posted on 19 November 14 at 03:17, Edited on 19 November 14 at 03:18 by coip
    EddieM1974 said:It's especially good to see that a different developer than MS releases a new game. This entire year it's only been MS that has been releasing a few games. The rest of the developers seem to have jumped ship.Actually, 6 third-party developers have released 10 Xbox Live games on Windows Phone in the past 12 months. (Tiny Troopers would make that 7 third-party developers).
    Imangi Studios (Temple Run 2)
    Ubisoft (Rabbids: Big Bang, Rayman: Fiesta Run, Hungry Shark Evolution, Assassin's Creed: Pirates)
    Square Enix (Final Fantasy 3)
    EA (FIFA 14, FIFA 15)
    505 Games (Terraria)
    Rovio (Bad Piggies)

5 of those games were in the past 3 months.

That said, Microsoft Studios is clearly leading the charge, and their support is underappreciated, with 10 games themselves in the past 12 months (Microsoft Mahjong, Microsoft Minesweeper, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Throne Together, Hexic, Snap Attack, Kinectimals, Tentacles: Enter the Mind, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, Secrets and Treasures).

Additionally, they have announced four more as coming soon from Microsoft Studios (Zoo Tycoon Friends, Halo: Spartan Strike, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Age of Empires: World Domination).

It's certainly not celebration-worthy, but it's not as bad as people think it is. If you want more games, join the #SaveXboxWP movement.
  • NalPleGoreNalPleGore292,456
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 01:44
    range is good said:EddieM1974 said:It's especially good to see that a different developer than MS releases a new game. This entire year it's only been MS that has been releasing a few games. The rest of the developers seem to have jumped ship.Actually, 6 third-party developers have released 10 Xbox Live games on Windows Phone in the past 12 months. (Tiny Troopers would make that 7 third-party developers).
    Imangi Studios (Temple Run 2)
    Ubisoft (Rabbids: Big Bang, Rayman: Fiesta Run, Hungry Shark Evolution, Assassin's Creed: Pirates)
    Square Enix (Final Fantasy 3)
    EA (FIFA 14, FIFA 15)
    505 Games (Terraria)
    Rovio (Bad Piggies)

5 of those games were in the past 3 months.

That said, Microsoft Studios is clearly leading the charge, and their support is underappreciated, with 10 games themselves in the past 12 months (Microsoft Mahjong, Microsoft Minesweeper, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Throne Together, Hexic, Snap Attack, Kinectimals, Tentacles: Enter the Mind, Age of Empires: Castle Siege, Secrets and Treasures).

Additionally, they have announced four more as coming soon from Microsoft Studios (Zoo Tycoon Friends, Halo: Spartan Strike, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Age of Empires: World Domination).

It's certainly not celebration-worthy, but it's not as bad as people think it is. If you want more games, join the #SaveXboxWP movement.
    Yes very few windows 8 if you considering There are more Pc with windows 8 than Xbox one. And dont Forget a lot of w8 game Still avaible less than 12 month AFTER their release beacause Microsoft just said It's Fun to close server...

Xbox w8 game marketplace is going to Die as GAme for windows live...
  • ADaughenADaughen391,370
    Posted on 20 November 14 at 13:52
    Kid Vranic said:Reminds me of Cannon Fodder back in de the day danceYep! Dad and I played the heck out of that on the PC - circa 1994. :p We used to try to beat each others high scores.
  • Jamiereloaded23Jamiereloaded231,797,746
    Posted on 10 December 14 at 07:30
    Any news on when this is released for Windows 8??
  • GAMERJET XBLGAMERJET XBL206,820
    Posted on 11 December 14 at 01:49
    Jamiereloaded23 said:Any news on when this is released for Windows 8??I'd be interested to know as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.