Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Red Stripe Deals: May 29th, 2014

• ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,268,578
    Posted on 29 May 14 at 22:17
    mosin360 said:
    I also got it the last time it was on sale. Thanks to Bing rewards I've been able to keep up.
    Exactly...people always ask me why I "spend" so much on digital content, and the easy answer is always "because it's not my money!". Between Bing and XB rewards I easlily have $10+ a month.

range is good said:
    ...but I think the touch controls are better on the Windows Phone version. Still, the best way is to use a keyboard on Windows 8 if you really want to go for a high score.
    I am almost positive I used an Xbox controller for the W8 version, which is far easier than either touch or keyboard, IMO.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Han D MaidenHan D Maiden551,779
    Posted on 29 May 14 at 22:39
    Kind of hesitant to buy anymore Win8 at the mo what with the sudden delistings as of late :-/
  • SpilnerSpilner1,043,447
    Posted on 29 May 14 at 23:17
    Rakkman Forever said:
    Kind of hesitant to buy anymore Win8 at the mo what with the sudden delistings as of late :-/
    Games are still in your purchase history.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,206,584
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 01:27
    Beachem said:
    Wow....again with the Pac-man. How about discounting some WP games that have never been on sale. I can think of a lot. Just for starters

Final Fantasy III ($15.99...you kidding me!)
    Chaos Rings
    Fusion Sentient
    Fight Game: Rivals
    Enigmo
    Burn it All
    Harbor Master
    Zombie Attack! 2
    Castlevania Puzzle
    Glow Artisan
    Chaos Rings went on sale at least once, or it wouldn't be on my phone laugh
  • Posted on 30 May 14 at 05:25
    Spilner said:
    Rakkman Forever said:
    yes this is true but if the game has been removed from the marketplace you can no longer download it on wp or win8. I can confirm this because I tried to re download gunstringer after it was removed but couldn't.
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,616,591
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 09:28
    Ecko3351 said:
    I just bought this yesterday for 10 bucks. Fuck me right? Lol
    that's unlucky, but it's an excellent game. One you can keep playing after you've got the 200G. You get all that G on the first course and there's another 8 or so to play.
    250 achievements on old games for 1% increase.... soon be 90% >_<
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 10:18
    BLUNT CHEMIST said:
    Spilner said:
    Rakkman Forever said:
    yes this is true but if the game has been removed from the marketplace you can no longer download it on wp or win8. I can confirm this because I tried to re download gunstringer after it was removed but couldn't.
    I was able to :s
  • Posted on 30 May 14 at 16:43
    Might pick this up since I finally got around to grabbing a W8 laptop. Not touchscreen though, not sure how smooth it would be with a mouse/trackpad.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 16:48
    Reborn Insanity said:
    Might pick this up since I finally got around to grabbing a W8 laptop. Not touchscreen though, not sure how smooth it would be with a mouse/trackpad.
    From what I remember you can use keyboard controls still.
  • Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:05
    Spilner said:
    That would make things much easier. I might as well grab this then. Easy completion on WP/360.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • troyoytroyoy914,029
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:21
    My GF has this and its hard to play on the phone IMHO. But for $3 I will buy it and try it again. I love the 360 arcade version of this game. Fun as hell. I grew up with pacman, ms. pacman, pac land, pacman + and a bunch of other off the wall pacman games they had in the arcade.
    If you dont believe I have 10 xboxes check vic viper cheev for oct 28th 2012 in otomedius excellent.
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:21
    Reborn Insanity said:
    Spilner said:
    That would make things much easier. I might as well grab this then. Easy completion on WP/360.
    Just checked and yup keyboard option.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,268,578
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:35
    Spilner said:
    Reborn Insanity said:
    I just loaded it up and can confirm that you can use a 360 controller.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Lord AgriusLord Agrius1,128,217
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 17:40
    Beachem said:
    Wow....again with the Pac-man. How about discounting some WP games that have never been on sale. I can think of a lot. Just for starters

Final Fantasy III ($15.99...you kidding me!)
    Chaos Rings
    Fusion Sentient
    Fight Game: Rivals
    Enigmo
    Burn it All
    Harbor Master
    Zombie Attack! 2
    Castlevania Puzzle
    Glow Artisan
    Chaos rings has been on sale :) That's when i picked it up.
  • Scottish NutterScottish Nutter1,161,516
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 18:53
    Ive picked it up on the phone, but don't know whether its worth the price on win8 even at the discounted price. £1.99 for the phone was fine., or am I just being too picky. It is easy GS afterall.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf614,796
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 18:53
    why only 1 title a week? theres probably 80 xbox games on WP. 1 a week, with some weeks having rehashed sales, its like they wont people to buy games.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead710,010
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 19:11, Edited on 30 May 14 at 19:12 by HolyHalfDead
    YA BILLY said:
    What about Toshiba and vaio versions??
    From what I can tell the Vaio version has been delisted and the Toshiba version is still available as a free trial in New Zealand and Australia if you have a Toshiba. What I don't know is if the in-game purchase of the Toshiba version is at the discounted price.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,289,657
    Posted on 30 May 14 at 20:10
    BLUNT CHEMIST said:
    Spilner said:
    Rakkman Forever said:
    You can still download Win8 games by going to your account (not the marketplace) and selecting "install". I removed Gunstringer the other day and redownloaded it.
    WP on the other hand, if a game is gone, then it's gone.
  • TESC0VEETESC0VEE822,495 822,495 GamerScore
    Posted on 31 May 14 at 06:42
    This is probably one of my favorite games in the past 10 years. I want this on Xbox one 1k cheevos, already had it on phone, grabbed it on xbla, and with this sale I got it on win 8. Cant recommend this enough...fucking music is so boss.
  • CASS190684CASS190684254,872
    Posted on 31 May 14 at 08:42
    Fun game, although I picked it up when it was 99c at one stage. Kept me busy on my flight home :D
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.