Game Discussion: Game Room Forum

servers shut down?

AuthorMessage
methajones
methajones
Posted on 19 March 14 at 01:36
For the past week or so I have not been able to issue any challenges for game room. Seeing as I only had half the challenges done for the related achievement this is an issue. When I was trouble shooting I checked the leaderboards and seems they are down too w/ the message "servers are currently unavailable." What is even more confusing is I can still visit friends arcades. Has there been any news if they shut down the servers for game room or is it only a temporary thing?
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 19 March 14 at 01:47
It appears the servers were rented from a hosting company that went out of business. No word on a fix from Microsoft.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_live_arcade/e_k/f/20...
CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 19 March 14 at 05:42
That post only mentions Krome, the devs additionally its dated from 2012. Its definitely been working since then though there has been regular issues with it.
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 19 March 14 at 08:59
True. I didn't notice the date, to be honest.
pezza888
pezza888
Posted on 19 March 14 at 19:52
Hmm... Interesting, maybe just regular server issues?
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 20 March 14 at 12:55
I have the same problem with the WP Game Room games. Server unavailable and therefore it does not synchronize any more.
http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 20 March 14 at 18:38
I can confirm you can still buy games but the leaderboards look to have gone.
VeLiaNTx
VeLiaNTx
Posted on 20 March 14 at 23:13
Really hoping they come back up. After years of staring at 100 gamerscore on this and being annoyed at how I got stuck with it from trying a demo, I finally let the ocd win and bought a couple games only to immediately find this issue upon trying to send my first challenge.
methajones
methajones
Posted on 20 March 14 at 23:30
The real question is who would I contact to find out if they have been shut down? microsoft support?
WeisGuy9
WeisGuy9
Posted on 20 March 14 at 23:34
Krome Studios is the developer, so MS is probably just going to refer you to them, but they are apparently out of business so you'll probably just end up in MS's infamous loop of infinite referrals.
Robhill
Robhill
Posted on 21 March 14 at 00:51
Someone popped the achievement for winning 1 challenge on the 18/3
pezza888
pezza888
Posted on 21 March 14 at 08:20
Robhill said:
Someone popped the achievement for winning 1 challenge on the 18/3
Maybe the challenge was sent before the servers went down?
SkepticTheGreat
Posted on 22 March 14 at 21:28
I tried to send challenges last night (March 21st, 2014) to and from my dummy accounts, and I had to luck. I tried on different consoles and on the same Xbox, i.e., signing out and back in. I tried with different games... Nothing. I kept getting the error message "Challenge failed to send successfully." According to what people are posting, this issue has been going on for about two weeks now. It has happened in the past, but has rectified itself. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the servers are down for good or just temporarily.
VeLiaNTx
VeLiaNTx
Posted on 22 March 14 at 21:36
People have stated that krome studios went out of business but they still appear to have a website with links to their twitter account so I sent them a tweet asking about this.. guess we will see if I get a response.
Robhill
Robhill
Posted on 22 March 14 at 21:45
VeLiaNTx said:
People have stated that krome studios went out of business but they still appear to have a website with links to their twitter account so I sent them a tweet asking about this.. guess we will see if I get a response.
But reading the link, krome studios went out of business 2 years ago, and the servers have stayed up so i wouldn't have thought it would have been that after all this time
VeLiaNTx
VeLiaNTx
Posted on 22 March 14 at 22:02
Ya I just figured even if they aren't still in control of the servers they may point me to who is. I mean their website and twitter account are still active so who knows.
Robhill
Robhill
Posted on 22 March 14 at 22:30
VeLiaNTx said:
Ya I just figured even if they aren't still in control of the servers they may point me to who is. I mean their website and twitter account are still active so who knows.
Yeah I sent them a message on twitter too. Will see what they say
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 23 March 14 at 07:19
Robhill said:
VeLiaNTx said:
Yeah I sent them a message on twitter too. Will see what they say
Good luck. I contacted them a while ago for the synchronization/connection to server problem WP-XBLA and they never responded.
http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm
VeLiaNTx
VeLiaNTx
Posted on 23 March 14 at 23:52
Got a response.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lindsay Parmenter LindsayParmenter@kromestudios.com
6:11 PM (39 minutes ago)

to me, PRESS
G’day

Unfortunately we have no control over GameRoom or its Servers – you’ll need to contact Microsoft.
Cheers

Lindsay
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 24 March 14 at 00:22
I actually expected that. The way MS has been advertising and advocating GameRoom I expected them to be responsible for the game.
Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.