Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Guitar Hero DLC Due to Disappear

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,843
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:30
    DJ Hero and Band Hero DLC to head the same way

Please click here to read the story: Guitar Hero DLC Due to Disappear

Credit goes to xMidget Furyx for this story
  • PoliteCanuckPoliteCanuck251,876
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:33
    Are there any chievos tied to the DLC?
  • Phr4nk0Phr4nk0630,520
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:34
    Any achievements require any of the track packs? Only barely dabbled in these games but might grab any necessary for a completion just in case.
  • NorqueatszNorqueatsz143,113
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:36
    Same question as these guys above :) answer would be appreciated heaps!
  • Ted FoxberryTed Foxberry145,715
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:40
    Does this include song importing from previous games? Still need to do that.
  • Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:42
    Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock doesn't require DLC but does make the game easier to complete of I remember correctly.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE557,996
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:44
    I thought about suggesting this, but then I figured I would write a blog about it. Funny since Midget was commenting on my blog. Either way, glad this made it to the front page.
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE557,996
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 09:45
    Ted Foxberry said:
    Does this include song importing from previous games? Still need to do that.
    All those are 50% off too.
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • Posted on 19 March 14 at 10:10
    Apparently the Death Magnetic song pack make some of the Guitar hero 3 achievements easier to get but the dlc is not required to complete the game.
  • KirkSadlerKirkSadler303,288
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 10:24
    None of the DLC is required to complete any Guitar Hero game, but as mentioned above, some of the "Death Magnetic" songs make the big scores possible in GH3. Out of respect I may pick up something...
  • Flopsy86Flopsy86541,484
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 10:52
    I second both the comments above, if you don't get the Metallica album DLC, you're pretty much left with the Dragonforce songs to have to score 750,000 pts on.

It's a great DLC if you like Metallica anyway and it works on World Tour, GH5, GH Metallica and GH Warriors of Rock aswell as GH3
    Making Easters happy since 1986.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,156,975
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 10:56
    So, what song should you get for the GH3 achievements? I imagine you don't need the whole album.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • lifebringer23lifebringer231,376,940
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 11:11
    Death magnetic album helps for guitar hero 3 for the coop points note streaks and the single player points and note streaks. Still has a hard solo but hell of a lot easier then dragonforce
  • CraiglionheartCraiglionheart1,106,089
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 11:17
    xPut Name Herex said:
    So, what song should you get for the GH3 achievements? I imagine you don't need the whole album.
    I would recommend All Nightmare Long for the 750k achievement, and any of the Suicide & Redemption songs for the note streaks
  • Posted on 19 March 14 at 11:17, Edited on 19 March 14 at 11:18 by MachineGryphon
    Do any of these tracks make GH2 any easier? I already have the MCR pack but I still can't hit the 1000 note streak so I regret the purchase. I also have a lack of any co-op partner so am missing most of those.

I only have 3 achievements left in Warriors of Rock, but two are song specific and the third is getting all stars on a song (which I need a drum kit for). Doubtful that I need dlc for this one.

Either way, if anyone more knowledgeable than me could let me know if there's a way to make 2 any easier, I'd appreciate it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 March 14 at 11:43
    I was able to finish gh2 with no issues. Didn't download anything, simple game other than that Jordan song I believe?
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,044,302
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 12:02
    Craiglionheart said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    I would recommend All Nightmare Long for the 750k achievement, and any of the Suicide & Redemption songs for the note streaks
    I could be wrong but I believe you need to buy the whole album for it to work in GH3 since you can't buy individual tracks on it.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,223
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 12:02
    The sales are declining but does it cost them to list them on the marketplace? I would have thought that even though sales are declining they would still leave them up there. Not being even the slightest bit musically gifted I've never played any of these titles.
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • Groudon199Groudon199677,425
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 12:09
    Interesting that Harmonix still cares enough to try relicensing their older songs, but not only does Activision not bother, they pull everything down at once.
  • SplyntaSplynta522,369
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 12:14
    This is the problem with buying digital data.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.