Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Guitar Hero DLC Due to Disappear

• Danky1227Danky1227414,888
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 22:05
    I'm REALLY tempted to pick up the Death Magnetic to get my 750k achievement. But I haven't played GH in a long ass time and am probably more than rusty. 9 dollars is still a bit steep since pretty much everyone (including me) is just looking to get All Nightmare Long. Too bad you can't pick each song up for like $1 a piece.
    spiral out...keep going....
  • poochz0rzpoochz0rz247,646
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 22:51
    Duuuuude, this sucks. So little time to decide. It's a shame this is happening. :l
  • pezza888pezza888143,403
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 23:04
    Do songs for Guitar Hero 5 count for the stars to make that achievement easier? As in by giving you new challenges?
    Or help with any other achievements in the game?

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of songs I like anyway.
  • Posted on 19 March 14 at 23:14
    Anybody recomend any of the DLC songs for World Tour? I suck at Guitar Hero so I need a "easy" song to work with lol
    Its time to boost some games and chew bubble gum.... and I'm all outta gum
  • Groudon199Groudon199678,261
    Posted on 19 March 14 at 23:35
    finallife6 said:
    Groudon199 said:
    Interesting that Harmonix still cares enough to try relicensing their older songs, but not only does Activision not bother, they pull everything down at once.
    Harmonix has lost the rights to some of the most bought dlc's with the Metallica 3 pack and all the RHCP songs (which alot of people at least own Under the Bridge)

We'll see in a few years time mosre songs disappearing as they've stopped releasing songs almost a year ago in April.
    Which is exactly what I said.

It's likely that Activision has as well, only instead of trying to relicense, they nuke everything (and unless every license deal was good until 2014, gradually pulling the songs would make more sense).
  • Posted on 20 March 14 at 03:13
    I guess that the only place to get fresh content is Frets on Fire :/

I seriously hope that they make some kind of guitar hero like game in the future.. (maybe through kickstarter)
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182545,268
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 03:20
    Splynta said:
    This is the problem with buying digital data.
    If these songs got a disc release like with the PS2 release of Guitar Hero 80s pack then you can still get the songs after the license expired. facepalm
  • Strategy OneStrategy One677,192
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 06:01
    Overpriced as shit anyways
    Whos stupid idea was it to call Xbox One Xbone? Lame.
  • Posted on 20 March 14 at 07:37
    Eh
    LEGION OF EXCELLENCE TAKING COD BACK FROM DA SNIPING DEGEN ESPORTS NERDS. GUNGA GUNGA GUNGA.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE558,610
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 09:08
    S4LUT3t0LUN4CY said:
    Anybody recomend any of the DLC songs for World Tour? I suck at Guitar Hero so I need a "easy" song to work with lol
    I would say MCR, Rise Against, Fall Out Boy or any other Pop Rock band. Pretty much the whole song consists out of chords.
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 09:43
    pezza888 said:
    Do songs for Guitar Hero 5 count for the stars to make that achievement easier? As in by giving you new challenges?
    Can someone answer my question please
  • d3nn1s99999d3nn1s99999988,244
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 11:27
    pezza888 said:
    pezza888 said:
    No they don't count as extra starts. There are a couple of challenges where you can pick which song you want to use, and you can use downloaded songs there, but none of them are really needed to make it easier.
  • MC0REBEMC0REBE558,610
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 11:32
    d3nn1s99999 said:
    pezza888 said:
    pezza888 said:
    No they don't count as extra starts. There are a couple of challenges where you can pick which song you want to use, and you can use downloaded songs there, but none of them are really needed to make it easier.
    DLC songs include challenges on WoR, which can include bonus stars in your journey to 2,000 stars in Quickplay+; however, in GH5 DLC songs can be played for some instrument challenges, but are not required.
    TA Walkthrough Staff Member | PSN: MCoreBE | http://www.youtube.com/MCoreBE
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,246,114
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 14:49
    MachineGryphon said:
    Do any of these tracks make GH2 any easier? I already have the MCR pack but I still can't hit the 1000 note streak so I regret the purchase. I also have a lack of any co-op partner so am missing most of those.

I only have 3 achievements left in Warriors of Rock, but two are song specific and the third is getting all stars on a song (which I need a drum kit for). Doubtful that I need dlc for this one.

Either way, if anyone more knowledgeable than me could let me know if there's a way to make 2 any easier, I'd appreciate it.
    If you haven't checked the solutions for Guitar Hero II lately someone found a ridiculous glitch that lets you 100% every song on any difficulty.

I'd definitely check it out. Not sure about the coop stuff but you can 5-star everything on expert and beat Jordan.
  • AnubsethAnubseth857,510
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 15:08
    I find it funny that the maximum discount they can give is a 50% off... C'mon, these songs won't be there anymore, with a 75% they would sold twice as much. I would pick some songs, but for this prices, err, no thanks!
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 16:07
    MC0REBE said:
    d3nn1s99999 said:
    pezza888 said:
    pezza888 said:
    DLC songs include challenges on WoR, which can include bonus stars in your journey to 2,000 stars in Quickplay+; however, in GH5 DLC songs can be played for some instrument challenges, but are not required.
    Ok thanks for the answers :) in that case I will just get some songs I like.
  • Whos JentWhos Jent188,046
    Posted on 20 March 14 at 18:41
    Fucking activision man.
  • Posted on 20 March 14 at 21:37
    Everyone should go download Mjollnir Mix right away!
    Was the only reason I picked up this game again for the 360.......
    I mean I always loved attempting Through the Fire and the Flames... But you know... I can only fail so much before it isn't fun....
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
  • Tornad0sTornad0s459,878
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 08:10
    It' is all sad. Rest in Peace GH. I loved you. wave
    - Best regards, Alex.
  • Harvy75Harvy75111,020
    Posted on 21 March 14 at 13:15
    cry cry cry
    One of the Lost Ones
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.